Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandstand destroyed by vandals in Peoples Park, Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

seanybiker wrote: »
    I know what ya mean. I always have a hoody on but I'm a lovely fella lol. My nephew had the Tracksuit with the white socks on a few weeks ago. Couldn't stop laughing at him.

I'm a nice guy too. I just wear the balaclava so the ladies will give me a moments peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

i remember reading on the munster express that a playground out in williamstown area and a memorial to air corp helicopter crew killed in tramore was vandalised by scumbags.
    One of them, a fella i went to school with, was arrested by the guards and they found hash on him. He then was in court over it a told the judge he was taking it for chronic back and neck pain! what a load! not to much wrong with his back when he was lifting up the flagstones from the prom and hopping them off the memorial, breaking all the lights.
    Some of theys scum have steel plated necks.

thats why i say its definitely getting worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Suppose you here about about these things more at present due to the fact that almost everything is posted/blogged online within minutes. Everywhere has it's rougher clientelle but i.m.h.o Waterford is pretty safe once you use a bit of common sense. Having grown up & being my mid-30s, you usually see fellas who would of been regarded as hard men or scumbags back in the day, happilly married out rolling prams & living honest decent lives. It's just that difficult teenage/early 20s phase that can change a happy child to an evil mo'fo for a few yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Suppose you here about about these things more at present due to the fact that almost everything is posted/blogged online within minutes. Everywhere has it's rougher clientelle but i.m.h.o Waterford is pretty safe once you use a bit of common sense. Having grown up & being my mid-30s, you usually see fellas who would of been regarded as hard men or scumbags back in the day, happilly married out rolling prams & living honest decent lives. It's just that difficult teenage/early 20s phase that can change a happy child to an evil mo'fo for a few yrs.

For some reason a few people on this site seem to judge a lot of people as scumbags very easy;) In my opinion I think Waterford has very few scumbags and is a great place to live

I'm not saying its a dangerous place or anything but it has got its "ghettos" if you like. I go to college at the IT and that area of the city, say from the tramore rd r.about upwards and back up to larchville if full of skangers. On a night out i was walking home and passed a few tracksuits who were loitering, after i walked past i heard eem saying "hey you", andthey started to follow. Didn't even look back i just legged it, and i mean sprinted, and didn't stop till i got home, I mean who knows what they'd try to do, stab you with a syringe for your mobile phone or something.
    So i suppose because i lived in that area I was exposed to it more often than if i lived in a nicer area in the city.
    This year i live in a house in The Folly which was very nice, no trouble, but you would see the odd skanger because St. Johns park and Kilcohan are just up the road and they'd be going up to tesco now and again (gettin their dutch gold i bet!!).
    I used to go for morning jogs up the salvage shop/johns park and got shouted at a few times so i stopped that as it didn't seem safe.
    If i had a choice i would live out the Ardkeen/Dunmore Rd. area, thats got a better class of people. Overall I like Waterford very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Beerholder

I'm not saying its a dangerous place or anything but it has got its "ghettos" if you like. I go to college at the IT and that area of the city, say from the tramore rd r.about upwards and back up to larchville if full of skangers. On a night out i was walking home and passed a few tracksuits who were loitering, after i walked past i heard eem saying "hey you", andthey started to follow. Didn't even look back i just legged it, and i mean sprinted, and didn't stop till i got home, I mean who knows what they'd try to do, stab you with a syringe for your mobile phone or something.
    So i suppose because i lived in that area I was exposed to it more often than if i lived in a nicer area in the city.
    This year i live in a house in The Folly which was very nice, no trouble, but you would see the odd skanger because St. Johns park and Kilcohan are just up the road and they'd be going up to tesco now and again (gettin their dutch gold i bet!!).
    I used to go for morning jogs up the salvage shop/johns park and got shouted at a few times so i stopped that as it didn't seem safe.
    If i had a choice i would live out the Ardkeen/Dunmore Rd. area, thats got a better class of people. Overall I like Waterford very much.

*sigh*

Obvious that this is a wind up now, don't fall for it folks :cool:

Beerholder wrote: »
    *sigh*

Obvious that this is a wind up now, don't fall for it folks :cool:

true story, i kid you not.

My dad is sixty years of age, he runs four miles every morning and he runs around all parts of town including the area's you have mentioned, he has never had any trouble maybe the odd scrawny teenager shouting abuse. I would walk around those areas you have mentioned and I might see some lads in tracksuits, but I nor anyone I know has every really had any trouble in Waterford, so which makes me wonder why you have had such bad experiences.

deisedave wrote: »
    My dad is sixty years of age, he runs four miles every morning and he runs around all parts of town including the area's you have mentioned, he has never had any trouble maybe the odd scrawny teenager shouting abuse. I would walk around those areas you have mentioned and I might see some lads in tracksuits, but I nor anyone I know has every really had any trouble in Waterford, so which makes me wonder why you have had such bad experiences.

Well i was never attacked physically or anything, but i was chased and had abuse shouted at me. It's not being unrealitic to assume that you could potentially at some stage be phyically harmed by such individuals in these areas. The two incidences were over a year apart. It's rare but it does happen. There is absolutely no excuse for that behaviour. My friends and I would never dream of doing that when we were in school. I think the problem stems from parents not putting poper manners and disipline on their kids.

Well i was never attacked physically or anything, but i was chased and had abuse shouted at me. It's not being unrealitic to assume that you could potentially at some stage be phyically harmed by such individuals in these areas. The two incidences were over a year apart. It's rare but it does happen. There is absolutely no excuse for that behaviour. My friends and I would never dream of doing that when we were in school. I think the problem stems from parents not putting poper manners and disipline on their kids.

So because two teenagers abused you twice over a year long period, you are on about syringes and beatings, Fair enough they should not shout at you but it happens everywhere laugh at them and move on.There is very little wrong with Kilcohan or Johns Park nice places and the majority of people in them are nice people, There is as many scumbags on the Dunmore road as there is in Johns park and Kilcohan.

• Advertisement

So because two teenagers abused you twice over a year long period, you are on about syringes and beatings, Fair enough they should not shout at you but it happens
    Ok, I can agree with that
    everywhere laugh at them and move on.
    Not agree, I do not want to encourage it
    There is very little wrong with Kilcohan or Johns Park nice places and the majority of people in them are nice people,
    Not agree, sure the majority are OK, but i would not feel sfae in those neighbourhoods.
    There is as many scumbags on the Dunmore road as there is in Johns park and Kilcohan
    Not agree. Well, i'm sorry but i don't see the evidence of it. my experience is the inverse

Ok, I can agree with that

Not agree, I do not want to encourage it

Not agree, sure the majority are OK, but i would not feel sfae in those neighbourhoods.

Not agree. Well, i'm sorry but i don't see the evidence of it. my experience is the inverse

I am not from Kilcohan or Johns park, I am actually originally from just down near the end of the folly. From growing up near these estates I know them fairly well, the only people who might of shouted abuse at you would of more than likely been a 13-16 year old trying to act hard, might I be right?

I am not from Kilcohan or Johns park, I am actually originally from just down near the end of the folly. From growing up near these estates I know them fairly well, the only people who might of shouted abuse at you would of more than likely been a 13-16 year old trying to act hard, might I be right?

Yes they were teenagers who shouted abuse at me up by johns park near the centra, anout 16-18ish, but the guys who chased me up by larchville were older probably 19 or 20

Yes they were teenagers who shouted abuse at me up by johns park near the centra, anout 16-18ish, but the guys who chased me up by larchville were older probably 19 or 20

Well you cant get a bad impression of a place really just because a few teenagers are showing off:rolleyes:

Well you cant get a bad impression of a place really just because a few teenagers are showing off:rolleyes:

First impressions mean a lot. This experience coupled with the general shabby and unkept look of the houses there and the kind of folk that hang around there just make me want to avoid the place if i can.

First impressions mean a lot. This experience coupled with the general shabby and unkept look of the houses there and the kind of folk that hang around there just make me want to avoid the place if i can.

Well that's your opinion:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

ziedth wrote: »
    Mod Note:

I have cleaned up the thread for the most part or anything to do with testicles.

Excuse me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

testicle wrote: »
    Excuse me! :eek:

Maybe switch the name to Gonads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The inclusion of the skate park since the park's redevelopment i think now was a mistake as it tends to attract all sorts of undesireables who hang out threre after dark to inject.

I think you will find that this was going on many years before any skate park was built. It might be slightly worse now i have no way in knowing. But just wanted to point out its been going on for years maybe decades now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Haha if you guys only knew what a wild time it has been from 2011 to 2022.

Also the workout area in the park was taken down (reason I've been skulking around this thread, no one online seems to have mentioned it yet) :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Work out equipment removed because it was worked into the ground. Tender out for new equipment to be erected.

Advertisement