Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw thread / Spoilers (4th July)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have liked to see Punk show up in the crowd

That's why Cena did the day/weeks after he was fired and Punk gave out about it no end. I'd hate to see it tbh. If somebody's fired they should stay the hell off TV.

You too, Jarrett! :pac:

Gosh Volt if we get the Russo WMX-7...... :( Seems really beneath Punk. He'd be playing 2nd fiddle to an old, overused heel. A lackey. Maybe he could compete for Vince's hugs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

o one truly knows what is going on with CM Punk. What if.....and this is just a fantasy scenario....Punk has re-signed and wins the title this weekend, leaving McMahon to have to swallow his pride and do something truly embarrassing on Raw to get Punk to keep his title in Vince's company and not take it elsewhere. Vince then blames this all on Cena which leads to Vince, Punk, and The Rock making Cena's life a living Hell until Mania. Could this work?

Time is running out on a Cena/McMahon feud. All of the other top stars have done it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Watchin the Cena/Vince promo and got to give credit where it's due, Cena is doing a great job setting up and building up this PPV. If it wasn't for how burned I've been in the past, I might actually be really excited for it <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Story hasnt fallen flat so im happy thus far.

Decent wrestling on Raw as well, the triple threat was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena is a class act.

whatever about his character, and his proneness to being robotic in the ring, i reckon he's an absolute gem around the locker room, as well as one of the best talkers right now, if he has the right material (whether he or someone else writes it, before we get into that debate!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

With Zack Ryder making an appearance after the Nexus match this week and Drew McIntyre complaining last week about being overlooked, could we see Punk lead a new stable of overlooked stars?

Possible members:
    CM Punk - leader.
    Zack Ryder - writes itself really.
    Drew McIntyre - been hinted at previously. Plus they can use his chosen one moniker as a nod to the "brass ring" comment that Punk made.
    R-Truth - he would be a bit of a loose cannon within the group but Punk taps into his conspiracy paranoia and Truth aligns with the group.
    The Kings of Wrestling - Punk cuts a promo about how WWE management wanted to send these guys to Florida to learn how to "wrestle" and he has brought them to Raw
    McGillicutty & Otunga - could remain as henchmen or be attacked and ousted from the group by Hero & Castagnoli.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i'm not really down with stables for people with gimmicks because they'd quickly lose their identity. I wouldn't like to see Ryder drop his broski gimmick and put on a black t-shirt and be one of Punk's lackys. Same with Truth. That said it'd do good for non-great mic workers and newbs as well. Drew Mac would be perfect.

Of course rounding up the ROH lads would be cool too - that's just a IWC wet dream though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 g021283

Hello guys, my take on the cena/punk story line goes like this...2 possible outcomes. First one is Vince and Punk are in this together and they screw Cena. Second and the best imo, Punk beats Cena for the title in the last match of the night. He celebrates for a while, then just as he is about to leave the WWE with the belt - the miz or mysterio (or whoever won the ladder match eariler) comes out - demands their title match and beats punk before he can feck off with the belt!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Despite knowing what happened on RAW this week well in advance I was so excited to see Vince and Cena do some verbal sparring. It was a joy.

The idea of Cena, Punk and Vince all in the ring at the same time is really exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Cena was good on the mic the other night yes but i thought it was a bit cringe - seems like the wwe were trying to put cena over with the people who have been booing him for years!! like any1 that is a punk fan is more than likely not a cena fan and i think that it was a very put cena over with the punk fans!!
    Dont get me wrong it was a good promo and with an exciting end to it - but it does leave me wondering what there gonna do - i do think there might be punk signing a new contract (he apologised on his twitter for his outburst!! he said he was in i dont care anymore mode - and then he apologised - urgh!!) and after he wins the match with cena for the title he turns around and says that he set Cena up that he always had a contract ready to sign or something to that effect - set up revenge for cena to get the title back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

he said he was in i dont care anymore mode - and then he apologised - urgh!!

his "i dont care anymore" was about not caring what the wwe do to him - its not like they can fire him!

his apology was something totally different - it was in relation to something that happened at a house show - he used a homophobic slur and apologised for using it - totally justified and nothing wrong with it (the apology that is)

Advertisement