Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen : Slow Show

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭

Slow Show Is Awesome.

2hrco7o.jpg

34o53lu.jpg

zlt9c3.jpg

I know this girl for a year and a bit,
    And we are very very close knit.
    We've had so many really good times,
    To be honest, I'm not exactly great at rhymes :P

But here we go, I write this poem,
    for Slow Show...to C&H she's definitely known.
    a regular contributor with great music taste,
    She posts videos of Bon Iver without any haste.

The National, TDCC and bands I don't know,
    I'm usually just like "lol, Justin Bieber, HELLLLLOO!?"
    A Jizzler winner and a previous nominee,
    On the right side of Allah in the pixified ferntree.
    Slow Show wrote: »
    Oh pixified ferntree,, on the right hand of Allah...have mercy on my soul!

zzzzzzzzzz

From hot GAA players to a love of old men,
    her attempts to kill jumpguy fail again and again.

2ii8goi.jpg

The Slow to my soccy, my bebz and me love,
    Now let's ask her questions as push comes to shove.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haha! Love the poem :D

Isn't Thom Yorke amazing and brilliant? *nods*

Favourite Radiohead song?

Do hot GAA players really exist? o_O

If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Who do you think is the worlds sexiest GAA player? Myself and Insect Overlord excluded of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

A band you think more people should listen to?
    Do you watch the Frontline?
    Pat Kenny: Wooden or Real?
    Can you stop the recession?
    Can you give me a well paying job?
    Favourite school subject?
    What do you want to be when you grow up?

(I also want to know who the hottest GAA player is...)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

bbz, when you decide to come online.......

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?
    Mickey Joe Harte or Chris Doran?

Thoughts on the current Jo/Tommy affair in Fair City?

Ever own a pet? If so what was/is its name?

A sub from subway or a hot chicken roll from the local centra/spar/mace?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Where did you get your username from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What was the strangest dream you can remember?

What is the most utterly pointless thing you've ever done?

Cheese - yay or nay?

At what age did you learn how to type fast?

Will you ever succeed in killing jumpguy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

And more importantly why didn't you follow through with changing it to xiluvmileycyrusx ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

What do you think of Fiachra Lynch?

Will the world end in 2012?

What brought you to boards?

Most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?

Cup of tea fathers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Muahahaha, I could answer this in her place and the whole thread/playpen concept would be ruined >_>

Fair City or The Wire?
    If you had to marry any character in Fair City, who would it be?
    If you could kill off any character in Fair City, who would it be?
    Er..if you could only buy one item from Christy's shop in Fair City, what would it be?
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hope that the Fair City forum gets approved?

Favourite dictator? (Yes I stole this question. Your answer doesn't have to be Fair City-related)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Do you agree that oe Canning is just a pretty boy?

Turf or bricquettes?

Roll or wrap?

Tea or hot chocolate?

How do you plan on celebrating your Jay-See Results?

Will there be neon??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Haha! Love the poem :D
    As do I, although no one was meant to know of my plans to thwart jumpguy and therefore take over the world. *narrows eyes*

Isn't Thom Yorke amazing and brilliant? *nods*
    Yes, yes he is.

Favourite Radiohead song?
    Aaah toughie, probably Idioteque but closely followed by Talk Show Host/ Videotape/ Let Down. But yeah, I'm gonna go for Idioteque

Do hot GAA players really exist? o_O
    Yes they do, although I admit lumping Colm Cooper in with the rest of them may have been going a bit too far. Also, I love that when I googled 'Hot GAA players' to re-enforce this, that thread came up. :P
    image_AFMdQuBdhua0J2eqo65mixdo.jpeg
    Alan Freeman from Mayo ^^^ I really hope this image doesn't turn out to be huge.

If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would you choose? OK, High Violet - The National. Or maybe Boxer...or In Rainbows...No, High Violet, final answer! My work here is done. :)

Who do you think is the worlds sexiest GAA player? Myself and Insect Overlord excluded of course.
    Screaminmidget I'm not as up to date with hot GAA players as I should be so I can only really say Joe Canning, although he's losing his touch a bit.
    Skintwin wrote: »
    A band you think more people should listen to? My music taste isn't too obscure, but I have never met anyone in real life who has heard of Frightened Rabbit, so them.

Do you watch the Frontline?
    On occasion, it clashes with Criminal Minds and The Walking Dead these days, and The Walking Dead will always win. Mhmmm.
    Pat Kenny: Wooden or Real?
    Real, I like old Patster.
    Can you stop the recession?
    I think if we increase revenue and decrease expenditure we'd be on the road to recovery. Wise words from a wise person.
    Can you give me a well paying job?
    How would you feel about checking under my bed for monsters and/or spiders?
    Favourite school subject?
    Hmmm... probably History or English, I've also recently begun to appreciate French and when Maths makes sense it's the best thing ever.
    What do you want to be when you grow up?
    Oh God. I have no idea anymore. I used to, and still kinda, want to be a doctor of some sort but now I'm not so sure. I also think I'd like to be a Psychologist but that's probably not as fun as sitting on a comfy chair and asking everyone 'how does that make you feel?' And I wish there was a way to study History without having to become a teacher. Oh lordy, I really just shouldn't get started on this, I should have just said a hobo and have been done with.

(I also want to know who the hottest GAA player is...)
    I feel like I've disappointed everyone. :(

More ceisteanna s'il vous plait.

bbz, when you decide to come online.......

Justin Bieber or Justin Timberlake?
    You're going to hate me forever, but Justin Timberlake. :(
    Mickey Joe Harte or Chris Doran?
    Mickey Joe Harte obviously, seeing as he actually features on my iPod.

Thoughts on the current Jo/Tommy affair in Fair City?
    LOVE THIS. So after a slight lull in my Fair City dedication, I sat down to watch it on Sunday night. Now tbh, I think Tommy falls into the category of 'strangely cute older men' whereas Jo is just...ugh, go away Jo, no one likes it when you make that annoying 'uh' noise. So I don't know what Tommy sees in her, and his doctor wife is actually not the worst. Anyway, I think it's eventually going to end in tears because as we saw on Sunday, Jo is kind of repulsed by Dermot and his wooing abilities, whereas it's clear that Tommy still feels for Judith. I think Jo will want to run away with Tommy (WHAT ABOUT BENJAMIN?!) but he'd never leave his family, and it will end with both of them, or at least Jo, getting hurt. And the thought of a romantic weekend away with Dermot makes me feel a little sick...

Ever own a pet? If so what was/is its name?
    Not really, I've had a number of goldfish in my time. Squirtle stands out, he died after I kindly gave him a Chickatee. Poor dude.

A sub from subway or a hot chicken roll from the local centra/spar/mace? A sub from Subway...I haven't had Subway in ages *drools*.
    It was NOT a tactical ploy for the Jizzlers :p. Although if it was, it worked rather well >.>
    jumpguy wrote: »
    What was the strangest dream you can remember?
    I had this one when I was like nine when I woke up in a weird time machine/coffin/portal thing in Iraq and my mam was there too and there was also some dude in a clown suit and we were running away from soldiers in Iraq and we had to get back to the portal but then we had to camouflage ourselves in the woods but we had the clown so that hampered our plans a little. I think I woke up around that point, absolutely terrified. I was an odd nine-year-old, I'm pretty sure I had that dream because I was reading an article in a newspaper about how Ireland was surely next to be bombed after the July 7th bombings in London. /weird.

What is the most utterly pointless thing you've ever done?
    Live.
    DEEEEEEEP.

Cheese - yay or nay?
    Yay, especially the blocks of it but when I get them I eat too much and feel sick and my breath is horrible so now I don't eat them anymore. True story.

At what age did you learn how to type fast?
    Around ten I'd say.

Will you ever succeed in killing jumpguy?
    Muahahahaha, be afraid, be very afraid.

I want to hurry home to you, put on a slow, dumb show for you, and crack you up.

And more importantly why didn't you follow through with changing it to xiluvmileycyrusx ?
    I couldn't ruin Miley Cyrus' good name. :(
    _meehan_ wrote: »
    What do you think of Fiachra Lynch?
    Who now? I am a failure. But yeah, googled, quite a swell young man, I must admit.

Will the world end in 2012?
    Nope, I do have fun with people who think it will though.

What brought you to boards?
    Me, myself and I. I googled Play TV (anyone remember that?), found boards and haven't looked back since.

Most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
    Ahahahaha, my life is one long string of embarrassing moments after the next, I'm such an awkward person. The worst that come to my mind actually cannot be shared because I'm still not over them. :p I'll go for a nice, safe one and say calling a male teacher 'Mammy'. That probably features in the top twenty.
    Cup of tea fathers??
    I don't like tea and I think it's seriously over-rated. There, I said it.
    Namlub wrote: »
    Muahahaha, I could answer this in her place and the whole thread/playpen concept would be ruined >_>

Fair City or The Wire?
    Watching The Wire is on my to-do list, so Fair City it is.
    If you had to marry any character in Fair City, who would it be?
    I liked Turlough >.> But for living, breathing characters, LOUIE <333 Followed by Finn.
    If you could kill off any character in Fair City, who would it be?
    Carol, it's not just because of Louie, everything about her just irritates me. And Louie is too good for her.
    Er..if you could only buy one item from Christy's shop in Fair City, what would it be?
    The man himself. And a Twirl.
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you hope that the Fair City forum gets approved?
    10, the thought of a whole thread dedicated to Louie makes my mouth water. And I need more places to discuss this Suzanne and David (is that his name?) saga.

Favourite dictator? (Yes I stole this question. Your answer doesn't have to be Fair City-related) Bob When I saw this question last time, I really hoped I'd get asked it :L. I'm going to use my errr excessive History knowledge here and say Stalin, purely because he was a strapping young fellow back in the day. Also, most Russians still like him these days, which can't be said about Hitler or Mussolini.
    For example:
    Young Stalin: tumblr_lin7lqemLU1qit0mzo1_500.jpg
    Young Hitler:
    young_hitler.jpg
    Bitta Mussolini:
    180px-Mussolini.jpg
    And Lenin for the craic:
    lenin_arrested_in_1895.jpg (Young Lenin wasn't too bad either though)
    As for their policies, errr...my knowledge isn't that extensive, but Lenin seemed alright. :p

Ein reich, ein volk, ein Fuhrer...(No, I am not a Neo-Nazi, I just need to write something.)

Edit: Lol, my images have successfully de-railed this. Damn you Namlub, your plan has succeeded.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Do you agree that Joe Canning is just a pretty boy?
    To be fair, he's a smashing player when he wants to be. The Galway v Cork match of 08 proves this, that was quite some time ago though

Turf or bricquettes?
    Ummmmm...turf. Preserve our natural bogs! Thank you JC Geography.

Roll or wrap?
    Wrap. Oh God, I love wraps far too much.

Tea or hot chocolate?
    Not a huge fan of either, but hot chocolate.

How do you plan on celebrating your Jay-See Results?
    Crappy disco more than likely, sigh. Hopefully I'll be happy enough so it might be alright.

Will there be neon??
    Possibly.

Carry on my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

5 acts, unlimited budget, who do you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Do you play any sports? And which?

Put your iPod on all-play shuffle. What is the second song that comes up? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Screaminmidget I'm not as up to date with hot GAA players as I should be so I can only really say Joe Canning, although he's losing his touch a bit.

x's or o's??

tea or coffee??

Favourite Card game??

Favourite game as a child??

Soccy or Deise??

Coldplay or the script???

Best avatar??

Best sig??

Whos gonna win the all-Irelands this year (Both codes)??

Opinions on reality TV (teen mom, jersey shore etc) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Soccy or Deise?

C&H forum or JC Forum?

Your worst nightmare is.....

What subjects are you doing for the old LC?

So I hear you enjoy Home Ec, right?

What makes a good housewife?

Favourite book ever?

What would you do if Louie had an affair with Damien and it turned out Damien was HIV positive, and Louie too contracted it?

unknown13 wrote: »
    5 acts, unlimited budget, who do you pick?
    The National, Radiohead, Bon Iver, Frightened Rabbit, Friendly Fires. They're my flavours of the month anyway.
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Do you play any sports? And which?
    I used to be really sporty - camogie, basketball, running, and anything else casually. Now I do nothing except run the odd time and end up realising how horribly unfit I am.
    Put your iPod on all-play shuffle. What is the second song that comes up? :pac:
    Explosions in the Sky - So Long, Lonesome

x's or o's??
    x, I never sed o's.

tea or coffee??
    Neither really, not a big hot beverage person.

Favourite Card game??
    My cousin taught me most of the card games I know and I discovered recently that the vast majority of the rules were falsified so I can no longer be a fair judge of that. I enjoyed Black Jack under that system though.

Favourite game as a child??
    Hide and Seek/Boggle/Catch. I have fond memories of playing Catch many a day at primary school. No one else ever wanted to play Boggle though...:(

Soccy or Deise??
    jumpguy

Coldplay or the script???
    Coldplay

Best avatar??
    I've loved kateos2's last few.

Best sig??
    I never notice sigs. :pac:

Whos gonna win the all-Irelands this year (Both codes)??
    Hurling - I think Tipperary might do it again but wouldn't be too surprised if Kilkenny came back and did it.
    Football - Tyrone. But I don't really follow football.

Opinions on reality TV (teen mom, jersey shore etc) ?
    I only have the Fantastic Four channels so I don't really watch a lot of these fancy reality shows the people do be talking about. I do enjoy watching the limited selection offered here, exempting the All Ireland Talent Show, that stuff is just unwatchable.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Soccy or Deise?
    Dustin the turkey.

C&H forum or JC Forum?
    No competition, C&H. :p

Your worst nightmare is.....
    Dying without having achieved much.

What subjects are you doing for the old LC?
    English, Irish, Maths (I KNOW I'M SO CRAZY), French, Accounting, Biology and Chemistry. I like how my three options go A, B, C. That's why I'm not doing History. *cries*

So I hear you enjoy Home Ec, right?
    Ahahahaha good one. Bane of my life for the last three years, I'm not sure if I'll ever recover from the horrors inflicted on me in that class.

What makes a good housewife?
    Cooking a nice warm meal every evening, ready just to coincide with your husband's return home, because if it had to be microwaved he would not be pleased, as he deserves the best. Always remember, if your husband is grouchy, be there to appease him because remember, he has had a very tough day providing for you. And it's always your fault. Go forth with this knowledge and show them all, Noel, show them all.

Favourite book ever?
    Gah, hard question. The Book Thief springs to mind but I'm not sure if that'd be my favourite. Meh, I don't think I'll ever love a series as much as Harry Potter so that'll do. :)

What would you do if Louie had an affair with Damien and it turned out Damien was HIV positive, and Louie too contracted it?
    OH GOD NO, NOT LOUIE, ANYONE BUT LOUIE. Also, where did Damien get the HIV from? Is Suzanne HIV positive too? But what about her new lover?Now that would be a cracking storyline. As long as Louie doesn't die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Damien got the HIV from Dolores because she hasn't slept with anyone in years and caught it on a public toilet. Suzanne doesn't have it because Damien slept with Dolores after they broke up.. :eek:

Favourite type of crisps?

Salt/Vinegar/None on chips?

What kinda phone do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Hello SlowShow. Your extensive knowledge of and love for Fair City makes me very happy.

Why is there no Chris Doran on your iPod? Why? Why don't you have his beautiful song 'If My World Stopped Turning' on there to listen to? It's quite good...

Who is your favourite All Ireland Talent Show judge? Lol.

Have you any posters on your bedroom wall? If so what are they?

JLS - yay or nay? And if yay, who is your favourite?

What is your favourite dinner?

Favourite Dillon sister? (Fair City)

Also are Louie and Finn really that attractive or is it only cos they're up against the likes of Barry and Christy? I can never decide...

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Damien got the HIV from Dolores because she hasn't slept with anyone in years and caught it on a public toilet. Suzanne doesn't have it because Damien slept with Dolores after they broke up.. :eek:
    You still haven't put an end to my Louie worries. :(

Favourite type of crisps?
    Dorito Chilli Heatwave <3

Salt/Vinegar/None on chips?
    Salt AND vinegar on chips, I'm mad.

What kinda phone do you have?
    Ugh, I dunno the model but it's an LG thin that slides up and down with a full keyboard and I hate it so much and the up and down buttons don't work so I have to keep rotating the phone to make it work.

bythewoods wrote: »
    How great is this song?

Rather great, and it's just reminded me I need to work on getting Beirut back into my music after the great iTunes crash of April '11.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Hello SlowShow. Your extensive knowledge of and love for Fair City makes me very happy.

Why is there no Chris Doran on your iPod? Why? Why don't you have his beautiful song 'If My World Stopped Turning' on there to listen to? It's quite good...
    It's in my iTunes but it just didn't make the 7GB cut :( But I will still stand tall, 'cos behind it all, there's always the chance of someday having enough space for it. <3

Who is your favourite All Ireland Talent Show judge? Lol.
    Shane Lynch because he got out while he could. *dodges bullet*

Have you any posters on your bedroom wall? If so what are they?
    My room is the most boring room ever, sometimes I'd be all 'wooo posters' but then I never bother put any up. I wonder where I could acquire some Fair City posters...

JLS - yay or nay? And if yay, who is your favourite?
    I'm so sorry, but nay. :p I did kind of like Beat Again though. And I know one of them is called Marvin, so him.

What is your favourite dinner?
    Lately I've been firing everything and anything into wraps and eating them for dinner, it's been good. My mam is obsessed with old traditional Irish dinners which I actually hate, just go away bacon and cabbage, so anything that doesn't involve a wealth of spuds sounds good to me. :p

Favourite Dillon sister? (Fair City)
    Neasa, I love her hair and she just seems kind of genuine to me.

Also are Louie and Finn really that attractive or is it only cos they're up against the likes of Barry and Christy? I can never decide...
    I think if I met Finn IRL I would actually swoon. Louie not so much, I think it's his character more than anything. But when you put him next to Christy and ask Carol to choose...well, we all know how that worked out.:p

Ohhhh Fair City, that melt into bitty, oh what a lovely day, said Kay. I miss the back of the bus in primary school. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Can you play any instruments?

Biscuit or cake?

Oasis or Blur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Kanye West or Jay Z?

Favourite Language?

Favourite Newspaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Any foods you refuse to eat (apart from the bacon and cabbage? :P)

5 foods you've never had but want to try?

Any sports you'd love to try?

Favourite place in the world?

If you could hop on a plane right now where would you go?

You're doing the same subjects as I did, how beautiful :') What does this say about us?

Are you gunna do TY? Why/Why not?

Slippers or wooly socks and why?

How long per day do you spend on the internet?

Call or text?

M&S* wrote: »
    Can you play any instruments?
    None whatsoever, not for lack of trying either.

Biscuit or cake?
    Cake.

Oasis or Blur?
    Oasis.
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Kanye West or Jay Z?
    Because of his latest album, Kanye West.

Favourite Language?
    I don't mind English but that's a bit boring so French. Also I must be crazy but I quite like the sound of the German language after watching Der Undergang.
    Favourite Newspaper?
    Connacht Tribune. :p
    Any foods you refuse to eat (apart from the bacon and cabbage? :P)
    I point blank will not go near stew - be it lamb stew or beef stew or friggin pineapple stew. I have no idea why my family is so obsessed with it, I'd rather starve.

5 foods you've never had but want to try?
    Sushi
    Shish Kebab (followed up with crab juice)
    Escargot 'cos apparently they're actually nice. And if we can eat cows why not sails? Although when I asked my French correspondent when I was over there whether they eat them much she was like 'lol no'.
    Toblerone cookies
    I am hideously uninformed of strange foods so yeah, my number five will be 'dog meat' and we'll pretend I'm not a sick person. :)

Any sports you'd love to try?
    Fencing or jousting, it'd be awesome and I could be all serious about defending the throne.

Favourite place in the world?
    My bed. <3 I also loved London when I was there.

If you could hop on a plane right now where would you go?
    Would I be allowed bring friends? If I'm allowed bring friends, Paris. I don't know where I'd like to randomly go on my own really, I'd cheat and say London to go chill with my bro.

You're doing the same subjects as I did, how beautiful :') What does this say about us?
    That we were separated at birth but I was injected with chemical hormones that prevented me from growing for five years until we could have no reasonable grounds to suspect the truth. Clearly our parents didn't consider the power of boards and subject choices. Also, one of us was adopted, I wonder who, draaaama. And I have a twin but that can be explained.
    Did you pick yours because it went A,B,C. Also, English is E and French is F and Irish can be Gaeilge so it's G so it's almost a perfect pattern. If only Maths was Daths. :(

Are you gunna do TY? Why/Why not?
    Nope. Meh, I just want to move on with my life and the TY Programme in my school isn't anything amazing so I don't really think I'm missing out on too much. I'm going to be eighteen the month before I start college anyway so it's no big deal.

Slippers or wooly socks and why?
    Woolly socks because they're like slippers when they're new. Mhmmm. I am quickly wearing out a pair of slippers now though that almost completely resemble woolly socks except for their slightly stronger soles. Love them, it's gonna be a sad day when they fall apart.

How long per day do you spend on the internet?
    I don't spend ridiculous amounts of time during the daytime really, an hour or two most days, on boring days a little more but in the night-time is another story. I like internetting at night though, it's really nice and peaceful and just lovely. Tonight's probably going to be a late one, despite me having to get up at nine/ten. Oh, to have self-control...

Call or text?
    I rarely call, but I prefer it. Texting just irritates me these days, so much effort and so often things are misread. God forbid I'd reply to someone with a full stop and no x's. Whereas calls are just fun and you feel closer to the person and it's just fun when it's not awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Do you like Ready Salted crisps?

Watch True Blood. This is not a question, it's an order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement