Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

So by near 12am on release nobody's even played it yet :confused:

I've been following this thread with the intention of buying it when previously mentioned problems are fixed so bit stumped that there's no update on release yet :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Available on steam. I'm waiting to see the reaction from boards.ie players before committing.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Unlocking for me too. popping onto teamspeak

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Maximilian wrote: »
    Unlocking for me too. popping onto teamspeak

booooooooooo, be on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

What's the boards TS IP? Will have to add that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

eurots6.gameservers.com:9122

Tis TS3. Installing and going on now

Doing Single Player at the moment because Multiplayer is a bit of nightmare connecting to servers (everyone's connecting to the same servers which is making it hard to join). So far so stable.

Good vell Done.

It's nice. Definitely love the new cover mechanic how has this not been done before?

You know sh*ts hard when your struggling at the tutorial! Can't seem to zone in on some of those far targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Only finished the first Axis mission and I'm too tired to continue, it's much harder that I thought it was going to be.

I'm delighted with it :)

Probably the grittiest game EVER made. Seriously killing someone in this game is odd. Especially when it's CQB. Clipped one soldier who didn't die instantly just fell their bleeding gurgling. Was sorta like f*ck. Can't wait to play multiplayer tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Over 10,000 players online tonight.
    The 2 weeks of final beta seems to have paid off,i didnt notice a single bug that plagued the beta,performance is solid now too.
    Had a great game on apartments just now, epic battle which we lost but lots of teamwork happening.
    Such a gritty game that makes pretty much all other fps titles feel consoley and arcadey,this thing is old school PC fps at its best imo.
    I had to take a screenie of a nice spree with my mosin 4 bullets 4 enemies dead, bang-reload-bang-reload-bang-reload-bang-reload :D
    Unfortunately by the time i remembered my screenshot key one frag had gone from the death messages.

46213305.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

camper ! :P

SeantheMan wrote: »
    camper ! :P

shhh!! :P

New release trailer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played for an hour or so with some boardsies. Very enjoyable. Most bugs seem to be squashed for me. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Runs a bit worse for me now than the last beta build, especially with smoke/artillery on screen, which was no bother before. Also had some bug that turned off all the sound on my PC, have to restart the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Played the game for 6 minutes!! **** yeah

(before crash)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The distance of a kill is a nice touch

longest i got was about 190m. So close to breaking that 200 :(

Longest I got was 280m, was well chuffed with that.

Anyone on tonight?

My biggest gripe is how inconsistent this game is. Pings seem to vary on a map basis. On the RPS server and had one map where everyone's ping was in the 80's to 100 then on the next map it shot up to the high 100's to 200's. Nothing worse then lagging transporting you to the left of someone when you'v a clear shot on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

So, what servers do you all play on?

This game is pure genius, i cant get enough of it.
    I usually play ot TWB and 116th panzer servers.

Nice thread on the forums for people suffering fps issues and crashing http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=63374

Got in a good few hours there on the RPS server and had a great time! Bar having to put up rounds of DeathMatch (Seriously out of place) had a great territory game on Spaktiakata (orwhatever it's called).

Playing as the Russians and picking off people coming from the right flank was just epic! Really love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I'm up for a game tonight, ive got a map rotation running just territory.
    There is no Gumrak map and you can also vote for Countdown gametype too.

I was up late last night playing, the game is so enjoyable.
    I do notice that servers with Punk-buster will start to give high pings once there is 18 or more players or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

can you buy a boxed copy in the shops anywhere around Dublin?

Be on later

RO2game.exe has stopped working

Spunge wrote: »
    RO2game.exe has stopped working

Check your punkbuster. Make sure it's enabled.

Some great games tonight, really enjoyed that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I,m tempted to buy,wont be able to for a wk or 2 though but is it worth the 30 odd euro?

Advertisement