Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet for 4 year old suitable for working family

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

post 84. My post wasn't directed at you btw - it was referring to 84.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

No I know u weren't talking to me, I see the post you talking about but it doesnt say anything about dogs not smelling. Anyway Im being pedantic here, dont mind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I don't mind it either (except when they roll in horse **** :/) but to say dogs do not smell is just not true. Its statements like those that do more harm than good as they mean people will be more likely to dismiss the rest of the post, even if the following information is relevant.

My OHs uncle smells worse than our dog :D. Stinks of ingrained cigarette smoke.

I have friends who never grew up with pets who think a natural smell in a house is bleach and cleaning products. These are the people that don't like pet smells.

OP it's good that you want to give your children an experience with pets, but definately look into fostering before committing to a full time pet. Think forward to family holidays, have you got back up family that can look after them when you are not there as a family unit? Some people can be funny with hamsters/rabbits (if you're going for the small pet option).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

post 84. My post wasn't directed at you btw - it was referring to 84.

I didnt say dogs dont smell. What I said was that owning an animal doesnt mean having a smelly house. Two different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Polar Bear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

dogs most certainly do smell - torn couches would be a training issue though once they are out of puppyhood.

My dogs have told me that humans smell & their sense of smell is many times better than ours. :P

Where is the poster with the best name ever "Wetdogssmell" when we need them ? I hate it when dogs smell perfumed.

OP some of the posts here should give you an inkling of how much our animals mean to us & the immense pleasure that they give. It would be a nice thought that your kids could feel the same way in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

nuxxx, the Humour forum is there. If you have nothing relevant to post just stick to reading.

Advertisement