Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An odd translation request

Options
  • 23-06-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Odd translation request but if you could it'd be a great help. We've got an in-joke betwenn my friends and I about one of said friends' old Facebook profile picture made him look like a happy child molester. I now want to make that into a t-shirt slogan along with the photo for when we go on holidays. Obviously it'd look strange to have a t-shirt with "Happy Molester" blazoned across the top so I'd like to know what "The Happy Molester" is as Gaeilge so it could be more discrete. I assume it's An _____ Athasach" or something like that

I have a decent standard of Irish but never came across the word in my studies so it'd be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Wow. How is it any less weird to have it in Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

An Péidifileach Áthasach/Sona
    An Éigneoir Áthasach/Sona

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The Cool One

Aard wrote: »
    Wow. How is it any less weird to have it in Irish?
    At least when we're abroad we won't be walking around with t-shirts that say molester on them.

Thanks for the help too, really appreciate it!

Advertisement