Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbs after Training - Weight Loss

Options
  • 23-06-2011 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I have a question that I'd love some feedback or opinions on...

It pretty widespread that High Gi carbs are great after training for size, as it raises insulin levels. Saying that, if you are looking to maintain size while cutting (lets say about 500cal defecit), is it better to opt for lower GI carbs after training to keep blood sugar levels down, promoting fat burning?

Even while cutting, I took a full pack of Lucozade tabs (40gms dextrose) after training with protein, with the idea that the performance response from muscle recovery would outway the slowed down fat burning response. ie, the more muscle the higher the metabolism.

Its a very hard topic to find answers to on the net, and I'd greatly appreciate any insight/opinions/experiences... Thanks in advance :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭marathonic

This will be an interesting topic for me too. When my recovery shakes are finished, I'll be making my own using separate ingredients (Waxy Maize Starch, Whey, Lieucine, Creatine and Glutamine).

I haven't had to cut whilst preserving muscle before (just finished a cut but had no muscle to preserve :) ).

I think when I'm cutting next, I'll half the Waxy Maize Starch serving post workout, reduce portion sizes elsewhere and add in some cardio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Best thing I would recommend is a few slices of watermelon, tastes great, good amino profile and natural sugars, cheap enough as well.

Advertisement