Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trophies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mr E wrote: »
    A platinum trophy is unlocked when you get all other trophies (achievements) in a game. In xbox land, it would be awarded when you get the full 1000 gamer score on a game.

Ah, I see. Thought that's what it was, but I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to plough into the thread being wrong and wind upo looking a right fool, lol.

The Xbox has little stamps on the first page of your played games, each representing a 1000G'ed game. Me and my friends call these badges. So I've currently got 23 badges (I'd have a handful more than that, but they got taken away from me when DLC got released for certain games), but about 10 of them are from arcade games (only worth 200Gs as opposed to the 1000Gs which can be scored from retail games).

I reckon the ones I'm most proud of are probably Bayonetta and Batman:AA.

I love trying for the badge in a game, but only if it's a game that I enjoy enough to play that hard, and if I think it's really worth the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

deathrider wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Thought that's what it was, but I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to plough into the thread being wrong and wind upo looking a right fool, lol.

It annoys me a little with the DLC trophies....you can have a platinum trophy, but not 100% completion. Small, but annoying. :o

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly Ninja Bob!

I really want the plat for Mass Effect 2. Have all the DLC trophies, only missing the Insanity mode trophy. What a son of a biitch!!

Gah! GAH! That'll be hard. But within your own grasp, and not relying on silly online situations! ^_^ Bets of luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

It annoys me a little with the DLC trophies....you can have a platinum trophy, but not 100% completion. Small, but annoying. :o
    It is better that way. It is more annoying on XBL where your 100% status is robbed from you by a release of new DLC. You will have to buy the new stuff if you want that perfection back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Never quite understood hidden, like why ? Means i have to look up on the net wtf it is. Ive 5 plats assassin creed ,sly,batman,uncharted and the sega mega collection, out of all them batman a.a was the most frustrating one out of them all , im not a trophy guy just do it if im bored and the challenge rooms made me wanna break my tv:pac:. But when ya do it watching those numbers go up and you put off those combos its the most satisfying feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hate those challenges, trophies for me extend gameplay time, and allow others see your game library

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

CORaven wrote: »
    It is better that way. It is more annoying on XBL where your 100% status is robbed from you by a release of new DLC. You will have to buy the new stuff if you want that perfection back.

Nothing I hate more than losing my badge over DLC. I don't buy DLC, never did and probably never will, yet I've lost many a badge due to it. I think it would be a much better system if you only lost it once you downloaded the DLC. If I've got all the achievements in a game, I don't want to pay more because I am, in fact, finished with that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    WHAT! :eek: Well going by your name, i'd say you were into that game :). Don't think I even got 50% trophies in that, but then again, didn't really enjoy that game but RDR has to be tougher than Batman trophy wise.

Not a chance. RDR was way easier for me

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont have any Platinum trophies. :(

I've come close with Assasains Creed 2, thnik I have 97% of that done, just missing the 100 feathers trophy and then I'll have the platinum, so far I think ive only found abou 25-30 of the 100 feathers required and I havent gone back to it in ages.

GT5 and MW2 are up at about 70-75% complete, same with PES 2011.

Think i have over 300 trophies over all but about 150 of them are bronze with some silver and not too many gold.

Got to get back to AC2 to get my platinum or try and Platinum dead Nation which im enjoying at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

gavredking wrote: »

I've come close with Assasains Creed 2, thnik I have 97% of that done, just missing the 100 feathers trophy and then I'll have the platinum, so far I think ive only found abou 25-30 of the 100 feathers required and I havent gone back to it in ages.

Think i have over 300 trophies over all but about 150 of them are bronze with some silver and not too many gold.

Got to get back to AC2 to get my platinum or try and Platinum dead Nation which im enjoying at the moment.

If you want some relatively easy platinums, Uncharted 1&2 are fairly handy, and fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

gavredking wrote: »

This is an excellent guide I used to get all the feathers.

Go for it! AC2 was the first platinum trophy for me (and quite a few PS3 players it seems), and was a joy to get. I loved running around the rooftops in search of the feathers. Took my time and relaxed. No WAY you can't get the trophy, it's all in your hands! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

the ones I'm proudest of would be like most here Batman AA and Split Second. I loved these ones because there was minimum grind involved in them. Especially some of the Split second ones were very satisfying. One that comes to mind was to jump from last to 1st by destroying all other cars by collapsing a dam or bringing down a plane. Really great arcadey fun.

I think I'm 4 achievements away from Mirrors edge and they are the last 4 levels for time trials. I was just so burnt out playing the game that I gave up and couldn't bring myself to dedicate the time to nailing the levels. Shame as they are relatively easy to get when you've got the controls nailed. There was no better feeling than nailing a speed run and getting through a map perfectly. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have one platinum trophy, from Sly. So easy :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    I have one platinum trophy, from Sly. So easy :o.

I've a badge on the 360 for 2 games, Beyond Good and Evil HD and Lego Harry Potter, both of which you can nearly complete 100% just by playing the games! Same with Need for Speed: Most Wanted, all the achievements are for beating the 15 Blacklist drivers! I've 3 left, but am going back through the Legacy of Kain series at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Never got into the whole trophy thing on ps3, I do have one or two though...

the only achievments i went for was on Day of deafeat a few years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I have 5 plats Fallout 3, Batman, AC2, Resi 5 and the Saboteur

Advertisement