Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime News Thread

Options
  • 23-06-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

So, people are always posting little tidbits of news and information about the anime world but with so specific place to put it. So here we go! The Anime News Thread - put all your news and discussions in here :)

I'll start off. The Code Geass spin off series has been officially confirmed. The title is Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito or, in English, Code Geass Side Story: The Ruined Land of Akito. No word on a release date yet but there's a short trailer and preview of the series in this article.

I'll reserve judgement till I see this one. Code Geass ended perfectly imo so I'm glad to hear it's a side story rather than a 3rd season as some had predicted. Just have to wait and see I guess!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just watched all of Code Geass and R2 this week, agree it ended well and nice to hear they arent screwing with it too much. Wonder will they show much of the EU side of things in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

loverboy banned from A&M :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

That was a very random troll post... He didn't even make a new thread :confused:

I'm in the middle of watching Code Geass, so I'll to wait until I'm finished to decide what to make of this.

Man, the trolls love this thread >_< That's the 2nd one since I started it :P

So... in anime news... trolls don't like anime news ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ShaveTheWhales

I squee'd. I'm ashamed to admit it but it happened. I'll move on with my life and try to forget it. SO ready to see this anyhow! Loved Code Geass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Konata wrote: »
    Man, the trolls love this thread >_< That's the 2nd one since I started it :P

So... in anime news... trolls don't like anime news ;_;

Almost as many trolls as regular posters have posted in here so >_>

Anyway, am not really into Geass myself, but I'd say that news has made a lot of people pretty happy.

Aniplex's site for Madoka will be live soon \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The Borrower Arietty will be in cinemas here at the end of the month. :)

Oooh yay, can't wait to see it :D

Funimation announced at their Anime Expo panel that they've acquired the NA rights to Deadman Wonderland, Steins; Gate and more. Article here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

e_e wrote: »
    The Borrower Arietty will be in cinemas here at the end of the month. :)

which one is it, the Uk US or Jap dub.

Looks like the Akira Live Action film has been scrapped.

Good news imo!

Varik wrote: »
    which one is it, the Uk US or Jap dub.

It's both AFAIK, the IFI are playing it in Japanese and I think other cinemas are getting the English version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Looks like the Akira Live Action film has been scrapped.

Good news imo!

Oh dear....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

e_e wrote: »
    It's both AFAIK, the IFI are playing it in Japanese and I think other cinemas are getting the English version.

Do you know which English version is being play, it's likely the Uk one but just want to know.

Seeing as it's Optimum I'm pretty sure it'll be the dub with Saoirse Ronan in it.

Though I'm not sure what cinemas other than the IFI will be playing it, maybe Cineworld. Ah if only a Ghibli film became a huge hit over here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw it mentioned in the Cineworld free little magazine twice, so good chance of it showing there. But probably only for a week or on limited run, you know them and screening good movies when theres trash to be shown instead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I still find it funny how so many people are foretelling ruin for this movie before a director has even been chosen.

There is the possibility that it will end up being good, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

http://www.cineworld.ie/films/4534
    Cineworld is playing Arrietty next weekend. Pity is not subbed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I still find it funny how so many people are foretelling ruin for this movie before a director has even been chosen.

There is the possibility that it will end up being good, you know.
    "We" said the same about Avatar: The Last Airbender and Dragonball: Evolution -- and we were proven right.

White-washing in this day & age just is not on; coupled with extensive script rewrites, and you end up with a movie which is "Akira" in name only.

Might as well rename it:
    195719_160772770646669_6040043_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    "We" said the same about Avatar: The Last Airbender and Dragonball: Evolution -- and we were proven right.

White-washing in this day & age just is not on; coupled with extensive script rewrites, and you end up with a movie which is "Akira" in name only.

Might as well rename it:
    https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/195719_160772770646669_6040043_n.jpg

There are many, many factors which contribute to how good a movie can or will be. From actors and directors to scriptwriters and everything in between.

While "white-washing" may not be commendable, it does absolutely nothing to indicate the probably quality of the final product. Though I find the notion that Dragonball Evolution was whitewashed somewhat laughable.

No movie adaptation will ever live up to it's source material. So why should they try? Better to take the material and run as far as you can with it until you find yourself with a good movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not news as such however sendit.com are having a sale on anime/manga that may be of interest to posters here.Its a decent site,delivery is about 2 pounds per item.

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 star106

Any one know if there is going to be another season of angel beats?? Saw a video of it on youtube a few days ago.

Looks like Ho Kago Tea Time are going to England! :D

K-ON film basic story revealed

Full anime for Black Rock Shooter confirmed for January 2012.

Article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Full anime for Black Rock Shooter confirmed for January 2012.

Article

ABOUT BLOODY TIME, all I hear about is the PSP game and I'm like "How can they make a game with so little content to base it on!"

Dragon Age anime announced. Dunno what to think yet but it COULD be good

Sauce

New Evangelion PSP game is going to be music based. It's been made by the talented Grasshopper Manufacture (No more heroes, shadows of the damned) and music is being remixed by the silent hill guy, could be interesting, looking forward to the soundtrack at least!

Source

Ok third post in a row

BUT

FINALLY some news on Evangelion 3.3! Apparently it's out in Autumn :D

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh exciting :D

But still a whole year ;_;

Advertisement