Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering food drunk

Options
  • 22-06-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Good feedback on the 24 hour bar thread,lead me to another matter of the mates who insist going to the takeaway for food after pub close,i rather just get home and have fry there,but the effort going to takeaway with people looking for fights or screaming at each other makes it such a hassle,interesting hear views from anyone who worked behind counter at that hour of night..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I made you a burger but I spitted on it :C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Comma overload

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1 curry Sheeze ship please!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't say I ever worked in a fast food joint but your mates right don't cook at home drunk. I fell asleep while waiting for the acti fry to cook some chips, woke up in a ball of smoke around 6 in the morning. Acti Fry more or less melted and me smelling like I worked in a chippers. Took a few days to get rid of the smell. If it was a deep fat fryer I would have burnt down the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Never worked behind the counter in one, but I do remember my boyfriend going up and ordering 6 duck meals in the chinese once...and then turning around to me and askingf what did I want!! Some people can eat a lot when drunk-wouldnt fancy cooking all that in the rush!

I think its funny when all my friends queue up for pizza at the end of the night and I hop in a taxi, order it from there, and have it delivered to my door by the time they get to the top of the queue. Aaaaaah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can I have a chip and a taxi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

interesting hear views from anyone who worked behind counter at that hour of night..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Depends when im really pissed in town i get takeaway, when i drink at home i like to cook about 3 meals and then pass out afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends... will walk past and assess situation. That said, it's here because there#s no closing time.

I remeber watchign scenes from an Abrakebabra in (I think) Wexford durig Des Bishop's Work Experience. Two dozen or so drunken morons agressively demanading food be cooked and tables cleaned instantaneolsy. Now that would put me off late night fast food for good be it as a custoemr and employee.

EDIT = Damn, Biko beat me to it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Azureus wrote: »
    I think its funny when all my friends queue up for pizza at the end of the night and I hop in a taxi, order it from there, and have it delivered to my door by the time they get to the top of the queue. Aaaaaah.

You're an absolute genius!! I am sooo doing that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Azureus wrote: »

What you need to do is order it for delivery, go to the pizza place and get the delivery driver to drop you home, he's going that way anyway.

If I'm on town I nearly always get two taco chips from Abrakebabra, I know we do some embarrassing things when we're drunk :o

The next morning it's out with the savlon cream and the babywipes, by 6pm the next evening my arse looks like an angry dot! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

biko wrote: »

Difference is he deserves abuse from drunken customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Rollercoaster

Always buy cooked chips when drunk rather than making something when you go home!

My reason is based on a true story:

A man comes out of the pub after a few drinks but doesn’t go to the chipper.
    He decides to make a few chips when he goes home.
    The man puts the chips on to cook and relaxes in a chair for a while the chips are cooking.
    The man wakes up but finds himself surrounded by smoke and flames.
    The man runs out of the house and by the time the fire brigade arrive his house has burned to the ground.

And all because he didn’t buy a bag of chips in the chipper.

The moral of the story: Don’t cook drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Agreed. Hands up everyone who's burnt down their house/flat whilst cooking drunk?

Well not me personally, but I know three people who have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The man puts the chips on to cook and relaxes in a chair for a while the chips are cooking.
    The man runs out of the house and by the time the fire brigade arrive his house has burned to the ground.

My dad did that exact thing, cooking sausages in the deep fat fryer after a rake of pints.
    Fell asleep and burned our entire house down.

Only that I woke up and got him, the dog and my two brothers out in time can I laugh about it now.

Especially as I had the wherewithall to grab a pair of trousers. My brothers didn't so were left standing in the road watching the house burn down dressed only in their y-fronts, with fire engines and neighbours milling around the place.
    Happy memories indeed. :)

Edit - You may be my dad Rollercoaster......

bonerm wrote: »
    Agreed. Hands up everyone who's burnt down their house/flat whilst cooking drunk?

Well not me personally, but I know three people who have done it.

Turned on the oven once, never put anything in it tho and left it on for a few hours til I woke up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

kfallon wrote: »
    Turned on the oven once, never put anything in it tho and left it on for a few hours til I woke up :rolleyes:

Me too. But put a pizza in. The remains of it stunk the house out seriously.

Drunk cooking is a bad idea, especially if you're on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I fell asleep curled up like a dog on the cold tiles in front of my oven waiting on two mesly sausage rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Worked the night shift in a fast food place in Chicago. 2 months and the only hassle I got was from a drunk dub. Way rather being behind the bar even though I've been in a few scraps while working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

i would hate to work in a chipper on a sat night, what a scag:eek: i dont get eating when im out, although if someone gets chips i cant say no:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Nothing beats a load of greasy sh1te in a tray after a nights drinking. The way some of the more uncouth members of society behave in fast food outlets in the wee hours is appalling though.

I was in Supermacs in Thurles or Maynooth, can't quite remember, but there was a guy who couldn't get served because of drunkenness and queue skipping. He was threatening some girl behind the counter that he was going to "burn her fcuking house to the ground with her family in it". All for the sake of a chicken breast sandwich meal...

Cooking at home after a night out is a bad idea. Hate waking up to find your kitchen full of smoke, and a charcoal disc that was once a pizza in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

i dont get eating when im out, although if someone gets chips i cant say no:rolleyes:

Ah you're one of them are you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

3-in-1 ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Always buy cooked chips when drunk rather than making something when you go home!

My reason is based on a true story:

And all because he didn’t buy a bag of chips in the chipper.

The moral of the story: Don’t cook drunk :)

Happened near where i used to live and it cost two children their lives.
    Not a funny story at all so DON'T COOK WHILE DRUNK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I went home 1 evening and out a pizza on. Was awoken 6 hours later by my housemate holding a black disc asking if I was still hungry?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

Once when we were students and needed extra cash, we rented a spare room in the house out to a stable worker (stable as in horse shed, not well balanced!) He used to come in at around 2am after being out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and fry food for himself. The smell of burning sausages would cover the house. The worst thing was that he used to put everything away without washing it. I remember the horror of taking a plate out of the cupboard and finding it covered in grease, ketchup and egg yolk. No matter what we said to him, he would not wash up or stop cooking. It was four long months before he eventually left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

My sister smashed the front glass of the oven when she left one of them pies that ya take the lid off using a tin opener without removing the lid :D

and there is always this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

bonerm wrote: »
    Difference is he deserves abuse from drunken customers.

Des Bishop is an extremely unfunny bell end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A-Trak wrote: »
    My dad did that exact thing, cooking sausages in the deep fat fryer after a rake of pints.
    Fell asleep and burned our entire house down.

Only that I woke up and got him, the dog and my two brothers out in time can I laugh about it now.

Especially as I had the wherewithall to grab a pair of trousers. My brothers didn't so were left standing in the road watching the house burn down dressed only in their y-fronts, with fire engines and neighbours milling around the place.
    Happy memories indeed. :)

Edit - You may be my dad Rollercoaster......[/QUO
    Love the way you have the dog priority over your 2 brothers!

Advertisement