Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmackDown spoilers for this Friday - 24/6/11 - *Spoilers*

Options
  • 22-06-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭

Smackdown opened with Teddy Long to address the World title controversy from Capitol Punishment. Long calls Christian to the ring. Christian says he deserves another title shot. Long tells him he has to earn it, so it's Kane vs. Christian to determine the new number one contender tonight.
    *Sin Cara defeated Ted DiBiase in a good match.

*Cody Rhodes came out for his match with Daniel Bryan. Bryan came out and said that unlike what Cody thinks, looks aren't everything and showed a photo of Dusty Rhodes on the Titantron. He said Dusty may not have been the best looking guy but had charisma and was a good person, something Cody is not. DiBiase comes out when the match begins. Cody gets the win.

*Johnny Curtis vignette in catering. He stands in front of a table with ketchup, mayo and mustard. He takes the first two and leaves the mustard, because he can cut it.

*Backstage, Matt Striker interviews Big Show about being attacked by Mark Henry. Show says he's going to get Henry back when Henry spears him out of nowhere into the set. The referees help Show up and out as Henry walks off.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson has his first title defense, defeating Wade Barrett.

*Jack Korpela interviews World champion Randy Orton. He says that Christian getting another opportunity to be the number one contender is comical but if he has to, he will defeat him again.

*Backstage, Wade Barrett comes across Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. They mock him for losing to Jackson and say they are going to go out there and do something he can't - win.

*Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater defeated the Usos.

*Jinder Mahal vs. Yoshi Tatsu never happened as Mahal attacked Tatsu and laid him out. Mahal cut a promo saying Great Khali is done kissing fat women and they will dominate.

*Mark Henry attacked Kane to cause a DQ in Christian vs. Kane. Randy Orton came out to even things up. Teddy Long made it a tag match. Orton nailed Christian with an RKO but Henry nailed Orton with the World's Strongest Slam and pinned him, so Christian ends up with a title shot at the MITB PPV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

another orton vs christian match?! ok as good as they have been this is starting to be serious overkill!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

another orton vs christian match?! ok as good as they have been this is starting to be serious overkill!

I'm thinking their feud will last to Summerslam with maybe Christian getting the title win there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

They can keep dem feuding without dem needing to fite again until summrslam. like have christian attacking him or costing othr ppl title matches becus he only wants to beat orton for it.

gud to see christian as a heel again anyway & to see him in the main event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What irks me about the Orton/Christian story is that they are making Christian out as a joke of some sort. But he WAS screwed at Capitol Punishment. Why shouldn't he get another title match when his last one ended contraversially? And also, great...Henry earns Christian a rematch. Awesome.

The story idea is fine but they are presenting Christian as someone who doesn't deserve to be in the main event. So why should people buy the PPVs then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Johnny Curtis' needs a Ron Simmons moment I think....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Smoshi wrote: »
    They can keep dem feuding without dem needing to fite again until summrslam. like have christian attacking him or costing othr ppl title matches becus he only wants to beat orton for it.

gud to see christian as a heel again anyway & to see him in the main event.

your points are grand but can you try and avoid using text speak when typing it as thats in the charter.

Sorry not a fun bit o moderation just a friendly reminder for all

:eek: text speak!! ;)

SD looked solid enough i have to say but i still disagree with then getting rid of sheamus last week! did anyone ever find out why they did that? was it just to get orton the pop or did sheamus want a break or something?

:eek: text speak!! ;)

SD looked solid enough i have to say but i still disagree with then getting rid of sheamus last week! did anyone ever find out why they did that? was it just to get orton the pop or did sheamus want a break or something?

SD could do with Sheamus for their MITB ladder match at the ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    SD could do with Sheamus for their MITB ladder match at the ppv

Well I'd hope it sets up a return for Sheamus were he can step right in to a rivalry with Orton looking for revenge.

I'd imagine Sheamus will be back for next month to feud with Orton. I know it doesn't happen often but it looks like they are planning ahead somewhat and setting the seeds of the story up a few weeks before it happens.

• Advertisement

Sheamus wins SD's MITB ladder match cashes in later that night or at Summerslam perhaps

Sheamus wins SD's MITB ladder match cashes in later that night or at Summerslam perhaps

yeah he cashes in right after christian wins! f*cking with him once again :pac:

Ah no Christian will win the title at Summerslam ;) (well me thinks)

Actually, as much as I dislike short title reigns and screwing Christian, that would be a fantastic story line...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Actually, as much as I dislike short title reigns and screwing Christian, that would be a fantastic story line...

A Canadian who feels screwed out of several title opportunities. Think we've seen this one before and it didn't end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Maybe sheamus will be back before too long, from pw torch after the cameras stopped rolling:
    Dark Match: World Hvt. champion Randy Orton beat Christian in a Street Fight to retain the World Title. The dark main event ended with Sheamus interfering via Brogue Kick on Christian. Orton then RKO'ed Sheamus, Christian (for the win), and then Mark Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

"....Teddy Long made it a tag match".

Oh wow, interference in the main event so Teddy Long came out and made it a tag team match playa! Whopp-de-do! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

i am probably in a minority here but i would like to see wade get the money in the bank, his promo at the ppv was class, and i think he would be good carrying the briefcase around teasing if he would use it each night. Now that i have described it, it does mirror the miz last year with his promo where he started off in the back and walked out to the ring and then got the money in the bank. even still i think wade would have a good run with the mitb.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sliotor wrote: »
    i am probably in a minority here but i would like to see wade get the money in the bank, his promo at the ppv was class, and i think he would be good carrying the briefcase around teasing if he would use it each night. Now that i have described it, it does mirror the miz last year with his promo where he started off in the back and walked out to the ring and then got the money in the bank. even still i think wade would have a good run with the mitb.

it would also be a single version of his initial title promo's - when he had the title shot from winning NXT. Obvioulsy he couldn't use NXT or The Corre to copy it, but fact is we have had a 'guaranteed title shot whenever I want it' build from Wade before, and not too long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Glad to see they finally got Cody a win v Bryan. Though I prefer Bryan, the rivalry was getting kinda one-sided for results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm just waiting for them to re-introduce tantrum throwing Christian at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I thought Smackdown was a bit boring this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Smackdown was poor this week none of the matches were particularly memorable & the commentating was genuinely annoying cole & booker never shut up its like they are getting paid by the word. Was it me or was Cole messing about with Cody Rhodes paper bag and Booker T a tiny bit racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

your points are grand but can you try and avoid using text speak when typing it as thats in the charter.

i dont mean to. i have a problem with my hands and it is just sometimes easier. i will try to avoid it more.

On topic: i like the Cody rhodeas gimmick. but i dont know how i feel about them teaming him up with dibiase again. he was doing ok by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Danielson was quite good on the mic,should get more promo time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Usos are fooking class!

Does anyone know if Booker really trained them at any stage?

I love how they inject real speed into their matches. Two good tag matches in a row between themselves and Gabriel Slater. They have proved Tag Wrestling has a place in WWE.

The Uso's entrance was great this week. WWE need to use the positive parts of peoples Heritage like that more often. It makes the Uso's stand out form the crowd.

When they first debuted I thought they had real potential and its great to see them getting momentum back.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Usos are fooking class!

Does anyone know if Booker really trained them at any stage?

I love how they inject real speed into their matches. Two good tag matches in a row between themselves and Gabriel Slater. They have proved Tag Wrestling has a place in WWE.

The Uso's entrance was great this week. WWE need to use the positive parts of peoples Heritage like that more often. It makes the Uso's stand out form the crowd.

When they first debuted I thought they had real potential and its great to see them getting momentum back.

+ 1 on Usos

They are the best tag team WWE have at the moment. It is a pity the tag titles dont seem to be on SD anymore I would like to see Usos get a title reign but there isnt many tag teams for them to feud with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

+ 1 on Usos

They are the best tag team WWE have at the moment. It is a pity the tag titles dont seem to be on SD anymore I would like to see Usos get a title reign but there isnt many tag teams for them to feud with :(

Give it time

Chris-Hero-Kings-of-Wrestling.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ The Kings would be disbanded within a month, start feuding with each other and released within six months given WWEs track record with good tag teams.

Advertisement