Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found on HUKD.ie - CeX Post To Ireland if Paying by Paypal - Lots of Great Deals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Cex's policy is that they don't ship to Ireland. The paypal checkout system may have been set up wrongly, that's all.

However, BT1 1AA works fine for many UK online retailers, Cex included. I use this method regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My order has said "stock picking complete" for the past five days. Odd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

phasers wrote: »
    My order has said "stock picking complete" for the past five days. Odd.
    I remember when I ordered off CeX a few weeks ago, it said "stock picking complete" for about a week, but the day after it changed to "order shipped", part of my order came, with another part coming a week later. So Im guessing, they leave it like that until all your order is shipped, but since part of your orders come from different stores, im guessing some parts of the order get despatched quicker than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I just got a "dispatched" email from them. I only made a single small order to test things out. I ordered "007 Agent Under Fire" for the XBOX if it's a help.

Seems small/individual orders are OK. I got an order dispatched for a single DVD after my previous cancelled order was for 3 DVDs.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Seems small/individual orders are OK. I got an order dispatched for a single DVD after my previous cancelled order was for 3 DVDs.
    Well I ordered three XBOX games last Friday and got a despatched email on Sunday. Total cost was only £2.50.

• Advertisement

Well I ordered three XBOX games last Friday and got a despatched email on Sunday. Total cost was only £2.50.

Maybe some are noticed and others aren't. My previous order was cancelled due to being in Ireland. I got 2 emails saying as much in no uncertain terms.

In any case it's worth persisting with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Are the people who are getting orders cancelled located in Dublin? As maybe when they see Dublin they cancel (since Ireland isn't put in the address on the package), but CeX employees might not be familiar with other counties names so they slip through and get despatched.

I'm in Dublin and got one cancelled, the other dispatched. Same address used in Paypal.

Gah, still "stock picking complete". I hope it means the order is being sent out in dribs and drabs like you said Charlie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd ordered 7 items , 5 x ps2 games 1 x memory card and 1 x steering wheel (well it was only 75p!), order sat on "stock picking complete" for about a week ,(which is why I posted earlier) so I eventually bit the bullet and mailed them via the website. So a day or two later I got a mail saying that it'd be sorted .I got a 2nd mail saying that they couldn't source part of the order (the wheel and one of the games)and I'd get a refund, no mention of Ireland though.The rest arrived in 2 parcels today , made it here fine had almost my full address bar the 'Ireland' bit (some had helpfully written "Eire" in pen on the envelope underneath the address window on one of the envelopes).I'm in Kildare so possibly the "they recognize Dublin" idea might be true.
    Personally I reckon they weren't too bothered by shipping to Ireland on the smaller Items , but the bigger steering wheel package was probably taking the p!ss.
    Its a pity they cant have a "send to our dublin store " for collection option

• Advertisement

The order I made for 3 XBOX games costing £2.50 turned up yesterday. The condition of the boxes was poor and the discs' condition average. The single order I made a few days before must be missing? Don't think I'll be ordering anything else to be honest.

I um did make another order :o They have "The Warriors" for the XBOX for £3 so I chanced it. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll:

a) Actually turn up and arrive
    and
    b) Be in some usable condition

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It did take 2 weeks, but I just got my entire 5 item shipped.
    Your order number is: XXXXXX
    === Items dispatched ========================
    Early Doors, Season 1 DVD TV & Documentary £1.50
    Little Britain Live, Special Edition DVD TV & Documentary £0.50
    Early Doors, Season 2 DVD TV & Documentary £1.50
    Rock Profiles, Complete Series DVD TV & Documentary £0.25
    League of Gentlemen, Live At Drury Lane DVD TV & Documentary £0.50
    Order Total: £4.25

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I placed an order on July 21, it was shipped on July 24th.

I received this order yesterday(or possibly Friday)

Early Doors seasons 1 & 2
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 for PS3. I said I'd give it a go for the few quid it was costing.

Order shipped, but they "couldn't source" Man to Man :mad:

They're still advertising that they have two for sale online!

I ordered it again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ordered a game yesterday and it was shipped so the paypal method must be still working

2 packets arrived yesterday with Rock Profiles, Little Britain Live, Early Doors: Series 1 and Series.

From a quick glance of the discs and boxes, they're in grand condition. The Little Britain Live DVD even had the minature tour programme with it.

Still waiting on League Of Gentlemen Live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I don't suppose anyone tried selling to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Ordered the entire stargate box sets same day this thread went up, received 2 so far 2 weeks ago and not heard anything back from them yet on all the rest....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Well I made an order of about 10 cds (all of which were in good to mint condition, and were only 20 cent each, stuff like bloc party, moloko, mark ronson, david gray etc.) and they were sent out fine. Paid with paypal. Delivered in about 2 weeks from order. So they are still sending stuff to Ireland it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I ordered about 10 blu-rays and one arrived today. Are they going to send them all out individually? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Can anyone confirm if this is still working? Was looking at ordering a few things.

Can anyone confirm if this is still working? Was looking at ordering a few things.
    Not sure but think they're charging for shipping now..

.. read that over on HUKD.
    How much will delivery cost me?
    There is a delivery charge of 2.50 per order
    Source

Might take the shine out of ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I got 2 boxsets of 9 ordered and then the other 7 never arrived, sent me an email to say they weren't sending. Guessing they just didnt want to send them due to shipping cost???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I got my 16 blu-rays(not all for me!). It took 9 packages all delivered different days.

Don't think my postman likes me now.

Condition on all of them was perfect. Saved a nice bit as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

trying to order some games but the address insists on uk and can't change it, how did ppl get around it?

ronano wrote: »
    trying to order some games but the address insists on uk and can't change it, how did ppl get around it?
    Checkout by PayPal?

Advertisement