Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company witholds green area from Schoolchildren.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Found the thread and bumped it

Yep I had just bumped it. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hopefully I won't have to delete this thread, after all it apparently is a matter of public record that a company is doing something rather than idle speculation, I also spent a lot of time cleaning up the thread of the company name, I'm sure the poster will be able to get the information soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Actually passed by this morning, and was reminded of the sign they have in the carpark of the school.

No parking, clampers in use, big massive fine yada yada yada etc...

Very rarely cars in the carpark though. Funny that, that they would not allow people to use their facility when they aren't using it.

Now where have i heard something like that before....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Clareman wrote: »
    Hopefully I won't have to delete this thread, after all it apparently is a matter of public record that a company is doing something rather than idle speculation, I also spent a lot of time cleaning up the thread of the company name, I'm sure the poster will be able to get the information soon.

Clareman you're taking the **** surely!

Aside from your disingenuous hand wringing over having to make this thread disappear and needlessly sarky under and overtones it has to be said that all you did was edit out a handful of words to remove the Company name!

- Anyway I do accept that you need to uphold standards and see concrete proof of claims made etc. I don't know of anywhere that someone has officially posted this material as evidence of the approaches made etc. as this is in all fairness a Community issue without a Team of Webmasters serving detailed pages with updates etc. so do what you will.

Thanks for allowing the thread its half life though - in fairness you gave it a fair hearing and a bit of thought so I do appreciate that :)

@Kess - Thanks for thinking of us, I moved on from Dooradoyle eventually due to the daily worsening problems including multiple anti-social elements, broken glass and rubbish in Estate, no recreational facilities, abysmal policing etc. etc. etc.

- I wish you all the best and hope ye see some improvements.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Clareman you're taking the **** surely!

Aside from your disingenuous hand wringing over having to make this thread disappear and needlessly sarky under and overtones it has to be said that all you did was edit out a handful of words to remove the Company name!

- Anyway I do accept that you need to uphold standards and see concrete proof of claims made etc. I don't know of anywhere that someone has officially posted this material as evidence of the approaches made etc. as this is in all fairness a Community issue without a Team of Webmasters serving detailed pages with updates etc. so do what you will.

Thanks for allowing the thread its half life though - in fairness you gave it a fair hearing and a bit of thought so I do appreciate that :)

@Kess - Thanks for thinking of us, I moved on from Dooradoyle eventually due to the daily worsening problems including multiple anti-social elements, broken glass and rubbish in Estate, no recreational facilities, abysmal policing etc. etc. etc.
    - I wish you all the best and hope ye see some improvements.

Ahh I did not realise you made the move. I remember chatting with you in the county forum when you were thinking of moving from Dooradoyle. Looks like you escaped first then, I should be making the move in the next year or so, unless of course I kick the brother from my place back in Liverpool and go back there instead :D.

Which area did you end up moving to in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

I can confirm an approach was made to the company about said playing fields,
    just wanted to see if the school was named,anyway I believe alternative arrangements have been put in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Raiser wrote: »
    :D

Christ knows why in the World these bad, bad People are setting up Schools in the first place?

Perhaps People are having Kids? - Possibly couples are having multiple offspring, maybe in secret, or even on the sly?

- Did you yourself happen to go to a School Allimac? - Lucky you! Bet it was top notch in an evidence-based observation.

Keep them coming, you're setting a new standard :D
    Schools are being set up as elitist institutions(gaelscoileanna) by the likes of you who are not happy to have their kids mix with working class kids in established schools.In other words if there is a problem in a school or area just run away and start your own and expect the dept of education to bend over backwards to accomodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

allimac wrote: »
    Schools are being set up as elitist institutions(gaelscoileanna) by the likes of you who are not happy to have their kids mix with working class kids in established schools.In other words if there is a problem in a school or area just run away and start your own and expect the dept of education to bend over backwards to accomodate you.

That's some leap to be making from Raiser's post. I'm not actually sure how they are connected.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, this thread has ventured well and truly into the realm of the ridiculous.

No more need for it now, I reckon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement