Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 euro cage contender tickets today only

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cowzerp wrote: »
    Security should be on it really anyway.

As happened in The National Boxing Stadium security is often the weak link in the chain, don't know why this happen's - maybe its a multitude of reasons, I don't know... I went out for her treat last night, I'm hanging. My chest infection and sinus are both getting worse, and I'm off back to bed.

I'll be back when I've a clearer head :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Richy06 wrote: »
    I heard one lad scream, "Stop dry humping him, stand them up ref, STAND THEM UP". This is whilst someone was working from half guard top with GNP.

Heard that too - The same guy also screamed for elbows in the Coburn Grabanowski fight and was roaring to tee off on him - He was a freak.

He got a few of those "shut-the-f**k-up" looks from all around him and piped down.

You will always get these guys unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

You will always get these guys unfortunately.

This is very true. But.......

As an industry it then becomes our job to in some way educate the uneducated. Like it or like it not there are still a vast number of bodies coming to see "Cage Fighting". If we can educate them in some way and they begin to follow MMA the sport and industry as a whole grows then we have progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

This is very true. But.......

As an industry it then becomes our job to in some way educate the uneducated. Like it or like it not there are still a vast number of bodies coming to see "Cage Fighting". If we can educate them in some way and they begin to follow MMA the sport and industry as a whole grows then we have progress.

I spoke to a mate afterwards - his first show and the first things he said when he left were:

Surprised at how knowledgeable the crowd where - applauding sweeps etc.
    The quality of fights - impressed by the composure and skill level of all fighters.

So (we) are getting there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

To be honest lads it was a typo mistake on my part and I'm not too sure why I said it felt like it. I didn't mean that it felt like the time Roddy was beat as I wasn't around at that time.

I wasn't comparing the SBG lads in the cage to Roddy a few years ago either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

SDTimeout wrote: »
    To be honest lads it was a typo mistake on my part and I'm not too sure why I said it felt like it. I didn't mean that it felt like the time Roddy was beat as I wasn't around at that time.

I wasn't comparing the SBG lads in the cage to Roddy a few years ago either.

Don't be stressing about it.

It should never have happened, no matter if its celebratory or not, but it occasionally happens and events are looked at and usually improved afterwards.

I was more upset by that wanker kicking over my drink :mad:

Advertisement