Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had a Nightmare

Options
  • 21-06-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭

Last night, for the first time in years, I had a nightmare. It woke me at 6 in the morning and I remember it vividly still (I usually forget my dreams).

I dreamt that I was somebody elses caravan. It looked like my father's old one but in the dream, it was not him who owned it. There was a moaning ghost of an old style (about C1700) noble woman in the furthest bedroom and it was my job to get rid of it. The moans were terrifying and the only way to stop them was to say a Hail Mary or an Our Father. I figure this out in the kitchen and then work my way down to the room. I slightly open the door and find a white bedroom with a mirror on the wall above the bed (again, like my father's old one). I catch a faint movement in the mirror but no sign of the ghost. Suddenly, she attacks me out of no-where, flying with teeth bared so I slam the door shut and the moaning starts again. At this stage, I feel sick with fear.
    Next thing, I'm back in the room, lying on the bed, repeatedly saying prayers in between asking the ghost what she wants. I'm shaking but I don't leave. The ghost appears in the corner of the room and I jump in shock and wake up.

The strangest part of it is, in reality, I'm not religious. I don't pray and have never relied on prayer. The strongest memory is the sickening, dizzy fear. Can anyone help interpret this dream? It's been bothering me as no other dream has...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Edit: My father's daughter (my half sister) threw a convulsion last night and was rushed to hospital. My dad and his wife spent most of the night praying. I only just found out. Could that have any effect on it?

Advertisement