Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall 2011 preview

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

neregate.com-Fall-2011-Anime-v6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Think I might check out Guilty Crown and Phi Brain.

Also, new Lupin III? Fantastic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

yay, bakuman2 finally.
    Also, ungo looks interesting.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    yay, bakuman2 finally.
    Also, ungo looks interesting.
    Ungo doesn't even have a synopsis, all it has is a name. How can you tell anything about it? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

What does the word interesting mean?
    Look at the image for it.

It's a picture of some plates of food.

I can't tell anything from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Some of them look interesting. I think i will check out Kimi to Boku, Coppelion and Tamayura.

Im SO far behind on the new anime though...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I see there's a new series of Shana. Haven't watched season 2 yet - 1 was excellent, but I've heard pretty bad things about the second one. Guess I might watch it now so I can watch 3 in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

What should I watch, so?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

It looks that ill have to quit my job to watch all interesting series from last few years plus the upcoming ones look good as well. Eh.
    @Triseke dont worry Youre not alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lovethefun

SO much to watch O am excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Updated the OP with the latest chart version. Few new things added!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Some good stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

So Shana is already on third season? I have to watch the second one at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I'm looking extremely forward to the new Last Exile.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I'm looking extremely forward to the new Last Exile.
    me too, just finished rewatching the original series in anticipation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I watched an episide of Carnival Phantasm, was crazy but fun.:D

Updated the chart with the latest version.

Trailers and preview article here.

Read a couple of previews and think I shall be starting off with: This ad lib anime yokey, Boku Wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Guilty Crown, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon and perhaps Mirai Nikki.

Need to finish Shakugan no Shana 2 and then I'll watch the new season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Honestly this looks like a pretty weak season, even by comparison of recent weak seasons. Will watch Persona 4 and maybe Working!! but nothing else tickles me

Konata wrote: »

Need to finish Shakugan no Shana 2 and then I'll watch the new season.

Slightly OT, but is Shana 2 worth watching? I loved the first series, but have been put off watching series 2 by a good few people saying it isn't good.

Yeah doesn't look overly great to be honest. But I never try to judge entirely on charts because they usually give me a poor impression of the show. E.g I was completely put off by Madoka from the chart and only took up watching it after 10 episodes were already out.

Only shows I plan to watch are Working!! season 2. Last Exile season 2. and Boku Wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

If anything else prevails as extremely popular I might take it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Only things that interest me would be Tekken Blood Vengeance (though I'm apprehensive of how train-wreck it will be), Fate/Zero (because ufotable) and Persona 4.

Also Mirai Nikki, but then again I finished the manga.
    Last Exile might be okay, but then... GONZO :pac:

And hey, new Higurashi! Maybe it won't be 100% fanservice like the last OVA! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm think this may actually be my favorite season so far, that i've been watching during it and not after the fact.

Lot of new stuff that i don't know, but it's the older stuff with the 2nd seasons/based on older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Official Fate/Zero stream

Eps 1-2 out, AFAIK they'll take down ep 1 after this week.

p.s. Konata why is this thread Fall 2011? We're not American, it should be Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And hey, new Higurashi! Maybe it won't be 100% fanservice like the last OVA! :pac:
    I'm not entirely sure if it was better or worse this time.... In fact, I still have no idea what the hell happened.

Burkie.EXE wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure if it was better or worse this time.... In fact, I still have no idea what the hell happened.

ova ep1 was hilarious. ova ep 2...I dont have a clue what happened either.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Official Fate/Zero stream

Eps 1-2 out, AFAIK they'll take down ep 1 after this week.

p.s. Konata why is this thread Fall 2011? We're not American, it should be Autumn.

Because the chart says Fall, duh :P

I'm now pretending the Higurashi OVA never happened.

So, first episode of Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon was pretty... crap. Some annoyingly disproportionate boobs and way too many characters introduced at once. Horizon/Girl in Bakery's character design is pretty nice though - probably the only redeeming factor right now. Gonna give it another episode or 2 though, I could be proved wrong!

In contrast, episode 1 of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai was excellent. Funny, established the story, introduced some very likeable characters - this is my kinda show :D

Working and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai were pretty good. I decided to check out Ben-to. Not so good, dropped it. The only good part of the episode was the Sakana song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

definitely feels like a weak season, I'm gonna try Ben To, Gundam AGE and Horizon I guess but I dont have high hopes for any of them

Advertisement