Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network to get an iPhone 4 on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

whiterebel wrote: »
    Probably the same as iPhone 4

Surely it would be more expensive than an iphone 4 now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You did say terms/bills by which I thought you meant plans etc. Purchase price will probably be the same is iP4 on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vivagora

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0420/breaking11.html

There will definately be an iphone 5 within next year but mightnt be available in Ireland for a few months after release date.

I have iphone on Vodafone and really cant complain they have brilliant customer service even delaying my direct debit bill when cash is tight. Their 3G network is excellent I know meteor's 3G network is rubbish outside of the big cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Not at all, what will happen is that iPhone 4 will come down in price a little in the same way the 3GS did when the 4 came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

OK thats 2 newspapers mentioning the iPhone in September and the rumour lads are saying its a 4S in Aug/Sep.

The media cannot be that wrong - shirley?

Which one is it going to be?

I've been offered a free 4 upgrade with VF but subject to 24 mths, 1gb downgrade and roaming charges zapped!

I'm holding off and shall wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

pfurey101 wrote: »
    OK thats 2 newspapers mentioning the iPhone in September and the rumour lads are saying its a 4S in Aug/Sep.

The media cannot be that wrong - shirley?

Which one is it going to be?

I've been offered a free 4 upgrade with VF but subject to 24 mths, 1gb downgrade and roaming charges zapped!

I'm holding off and shall wait and see!
    There is definitely a new iPhone coming out in Aug/Sept/Oct, you'd be mad to get a new iPhone 4 now. If you did you would be most likely be locked to contract and miss the next 2 generations of iPhones rather than wait til Sept, get it on 18 month contract and miss just 1, or 12 month and miss none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

18 month contracts scare the **** out of me so eircom/meteor iphone packages would be a no go for me.
    Why so? Eircom mobile are the only ones that I can see to offer any smart phone with the option of a 12 month plan. All the others are either 18 or 24 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

18 month contract is fine when youre getting the new iphone at release day.
    I wouldnt buy a free iphone 4 now with the 4S on the way.
    Im guessing it will be before xmas here when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

barryd09 wrote: »
    18 month contract is fine when youre getting the new iphone at release day.
    I wouldnt buy a free iphone 4 now with the 4S on the way.
    Im guessing it will be before xmas here when its released.

Technically you aren't "buying" an iPhone 4 now if it is Free (you're paying for minutes, texts and data allowance). Whenever the new iPhone comes out it is highly unlikely that it will be free (regardless of tariff) and most likely will require you to fork out a wedge of cash up front to get your hands on it. It may also require you to sign up to a minimum 18 month contract.

In deciding whether to go for Free iPhone 4 now on 18/24 month contract or wait until next release you really need to ask yourself whether you need (and will use) the "extra power" of the newer model. Do you really need dual core processor (unless you game a lot on your phone I would say no), do you need an 8mp camera (unless you use your phone as your main camera I would say no).

At the end of the day, for me, I don't see the point in paying for the latest technology if you are never (or very rarely) going to make use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

RDMH wrote: »
    Technically you aren't "buying" an iPhone 4 now if it is Free (you're paying for minutes, texts and data allowance). Whenever the new iPhone comes out it is highly unlikely that it will be free (regardless of tariff) and most likely will require you to fork out a wedge of cash up front to get your hands on it. It may also require you to sign up to a minimum 18 month contract.

In deciding whether to go for Free iPhone 4 now on 18/24 month contract or wait until next release you really need to ask yourself whether you need (and will use) the "extra power" of the newer model. Do you really need dual core processor (unless you game a lot on your phone I would say no), do you need an 8mp camera (unless you use your phone as your main camera I would say no).

At the end of the day, for me, I don't see the point in paying for the latest technology if you are never (or very rarely) going to make use of it.

Holding out till September will also mean that you can get the iPhone 4 on a better deal. Would imagine you will be able to get a free 16gb on a 12 month deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Charlie wrote: »
    Holding out till September will also mean that you can get the iPhone 4 on a better deal. Would imagine you will be able to get a free 16gb on a 12 month deal.

Not too sure about that, maybe that will be the case in the new year but either way, why deprive yourself? By the time that may happen you could already be 6 months into an 18 month contract so you're no worse off. The tariff isn't going the change (well, highly unlikely that it will). If you want one, get it, if you're not pushed either way then wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Last month and despite 3 or 4 months to go on my existing 3GS contract VF offered me a "trade in" for a free 4G - feck off I said, Ill hand down me 3GS to me young fella and will be a hero!

This month it's a free upgrade within contract - but as we all know a new 24 mth contract is required etc.

I'm inclined to agree with the above, there is probably a better deal in the wings.

Hold in there!

Advertisement