Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I've just realised that we have already gotten more posts than last years TY Off Topic thread :pac:

The year hasn't even started yet :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

But how'd I still have Vista on my Laptop?

Lets say one day I decide to use vista, what files would i have to leave in order to have windows still ?
    Oh. There should be a prompt upon booting your laptop saying "Choose OS" if you keep the 2 OS's on the laptop. That's what I'd do. You can't just put Vista on a HDD and take it wherever you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

No, the Mods don't moniter the Off Topic Threads as much I'd think.
    Mark, what did you even do 0_o ???
    I know my track record is shocking.

I Referred to Kateos2 as bitch.. but it really wasn't 'you bitch I hate you' But bitch as in a crueler reference to girl.. I blame ocd listening to eminem- 'do you think this bitch gives a fuk if you have kids?' 'Now I don't wanna hit no woman but this bitch really got it comin' :/.. well yeah :L

Oh. There should be a prompt upon booting your laptop saying "Choose OS" if you keep the 2 OS's on the laptop. That's what I'd do. You can't just put Vista on a HDD and take it wherever you like!

I know, but I want to take everything off my Laptop apart from the two operating systems.

What do I leave to just have the two OS only, like no files whatsoever ?

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I Referred to Kateos2 as bitch.. but it really wasn't 'you bitch I hate you' But bitch as in a crueler reference to girl.. I blame ocd listening to eminem- 'do you think this bitch gives a fuk if you have kids?' 'Now I don't wanna hit no woman but this bitch really got it comin' :/.. well yeah :L

Yeah, I think she (or they over in the C&H forum) knows the way you meant it though.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT: There a mod for a reason, to keep the forum running smoothly and to look out for suspecting posts that haven't been reported.

You're almost 6000 posts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Use GParted app to make an Ext partition and select partitions manually when installing

Yeah, I think she (or they over in the C&H forum) knows the way you meant it though.

But there's probablm enough reason to ban most of us in there :/

But there's probablm enough reason to ban most of us in there :/

I wasn't there when the "war" between the forums happened so I'm not sure what happened.

@Ninty

Wha? :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Hiya guuys, what did I miss? Why is the JC thread closed temporarily? I'm too lazy to read everything. :P

• Advertisement

I wasn't there when the "war" between the forums happened so I'm not sure what happened.

@Ninty

Wha? :confused:

:pac:

In Ubuntu, look for the GParted app
    Shrink your Windows (NFTS) Partition and make an EXT3/4 one for Ubuntu

In Ubuntu, look for the GParted app
    Shrink your Windows (NFTS) Partition and make an EXT3/4 one for Ubuntu

Oh Ok, but What will happen to my files on the Windows Partition ?

rorrissey wrote: »
    Hiya guuys, what did I miss? Why is the JC thread closed temporarily? I'm too lazy to read everything. :P

Basically:
    I'm gonna be banned (i imagine) within next 24 hours due to hate comments/trolling/anti semitism/insulting people/flaming people/HC trolling :(

You know those ker-azy mo fo mods wanna keep law and order etc.

I didn't mean it! Boo hoo.

Oh Ok, but What will happen to my files on the Windows Partition ?

They should be fine.

Make the EXT Partition at least 8GB

unknown13 wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT: There a mod for a reason, to keep the forum running smoothly and to look out for suspecting posts that haven't been reported.

Operative words: "as" and "much"

God why don't you hang me?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Basically:
    I'm gonna be banned (i imagine) within next 24 hours due to hate comments/trolling/anti semitism/insulting people/flaming people/HC trolling :(

Aww I'll miss you. :'(

I have Ubuntu installed already but I still have Windows too, I have two hard drive in my Laptop, one is Windows and one is Acer, I am clearing the Acer one, which is the one I have Ubuntu installed on.

I have Ubuntu installed already but I still have Windows too, I have two hard drive in my Laptop, one is Windows and one is Acer, I am clearing the Acer one, which is the one I have Ubuntu installed on.

Two hard drives, one laptop :confused:

Oh, you have two partitions :p

The Acer one prolly had lots of important useless **** :eek:

rorrissey wrote: »
    Aww I'll miss you. :'(

Wow! Nicest thing I've been told on heгe! :D

Thanks!

Sequel to "2 girls 1 cup some infamous video I cannot speak of.

• Advertisement

Oh, you have two partitions :p

The Acer one prolly had lots of important useless **** :eek:

There was nothing on the acer one until I put stuff on it, the Windows one is the one that had the OS files on it when got the Laptop.

Operative words: "as" and "much"

God why don't you hang me?

Phantom I stood by you for the most part, only today you really annoyed me :L wehad great chats about music :D

There was nothing on the acer one until I put stuff on it, the Windows one is the one that had the OS files on it when got the Laptop.

And do you have a dual boot option now when you boot?

Yeh.

Phantom I stood by you for the most part, only today you really annoyed me :L wehad great chats about music :D

Forget about it. I wind people up I know. It was all in good faith, brutha'!

I don't even want to hear the Ninty&Indy™ summary. :pac: yes, i actually used that godawful smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

No, the Mods don't moniter the Off Topic Threads as much I'd think.
    Mark, what did you even do 0_o ???
    I know my track record is shocking.

Because we have lives! I'm working nearly full time at the moment, I mod the 3 edu forums to give something back to a website I have gotten a lot out of, but I dont read absolutely every post in each forum, I just dont have the time....
    Basically:

Just stop talking about it, I'll sort it when I have the chance (Whether you'll get banned or not will be decided then, I can't siteban you though, I'll have to go to someone else for that) and frankly, if you want to stay on the site, just stop fúcking around.

Fad wrote: »
    Because we have lives! I'm working nearly full time at the moment, I mod the 3 edu forums to give something back to a website I have gotten a lot out of, but I dont read absolutely every post in each forum, I just dont have the time....

Just stop talking about it, I'll sort it when I have the chance (Whether you'll get banned or not will be decided then, I can't siteban you though, I'll have to go to someone else for that) and frankly, if you want to stay on the site, just stop fúcking around.

Okay. Isn't saying "fúcking" illegal?
    I'm not questioning your authority, I was just wondering, if I said fцcking, is that enough to land me in (more?) trouble? Thanks.

On(off?) topic: God Cakes, that sounds really difficult! I tried all that partition stuff with HDD's before but I can't do HEX editing and stuff, even if I use a youtube tutorial or whatever. Good luck with it!

I've cleared the Acer partition and Only have Ubuntu on that now. I'm going to leave the Windows one and read up on it and try it another time, if all else fails I'll find someone who knows how to do it and get them to do it :pac:

Yeh.

Well if you ever need to change your partitions get the PartedMagic.ISO and burn it to a CD

You can also use it without a CD;

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1549847

• Advertisement

Guys I'm being a good boy from now on :) No more trolling/'being naughty'

Advertisement