Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for a perfect nights gaming.

Options
  • 19-06-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

As I've got older and have more responsibilities nowadays, the perfect nights gaming has to be planned in advance. I'm sure most gamers took the marathon gaming benders in their teenage years for granted.

I've come up with the following recipe for my circumstances.

Ingredients:

1 x girlfriend.
    1 x dog.
    1 x tennis ball.
    8 - 10 German beers (pint bottles)
    1 x dinner.
    1 x convenience food (Pizza)
    20 x smokes (only smoke when drinking)
    1 x meaty bone.

Method:

Wait for a night where the girlfriend is going out with friends. Take That concerts etc are perfect for this as I will not be expected to attend.

Marinate the beers in a fridge for no less than four hours.

Take the dog out for over an hour and run the absolute shyte out of her. The dog will be done when it shows a lack of interest in her tennis ball.

Make a big dinner. This helps absorb the beer later.

Transfer one beer from the fridge to a freezer drawer.

As soon as the girlfriend is finally ready to leave, give the bone to the dog. This will keep her occupied for another hour or so. The trick is not to let her sleep off the tennis ball chasing too early. By the time shes done she should sleep right through the night. This will avoid abuse over the headset from fellow gamers about incessant barking in the background.

Start gaming and drinking. (Replace the beer from the freezer with another one from the fridge)

Stew on the couch for a few hours. On the next beer run, place a pizza in the oven.

Eat burnt pizza you forgot about in between respawns. Set some aside for the dog if it wakes up.

Evening pauses while digesting all the news from returning girlfriend. Appear open and receptive but don't encourage conversation.

Gaming performance is at critically low levels, but continue for another three hours due to intense hatred of player on opposing team.

Wake up on couch. Dog lying across neck and eyes burning from contact lenses that should have been taken out twelve hours ago.

Try and good naturedly make way back into girlfriends good book.

So thats it in a nutshell for the last few nights I managed to get on the auld joy-box. Everyone has different circumstances so whats your recipe for a nights gaming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobdole968

southpark.jpg
    some junk food and lots of cans of coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

*Takes notes for later use * :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Perfect night in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

CL32 wrote: »
    Transfer one beer from the fridge to a freezer drawer.

Start gaming and drinking. (Replace the beer from the freezer with another one from the fridge)

Use that method myself. Get too drunk and you have a frozen beer for the hang over in the morn. Nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1 x Dead of Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball 2
    1x locked bedroom door
    1x lubricating solution
    1 x box of mansized tissues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

/Awkward thread silence as Retr0 goes offline. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

-Friends
    -Vokda/Jager/Beers
    -Rockband
    -No neighbours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1 copy Starcraft 2 Eu edition
    1 x internet connection

that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

doritos and cider. On the other hand the best nights involved ordering a massive pizza close to midnight with a few friends and playing Sonic games on an X Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

calex71 wrote: »
    *Takes notes for later use * :)
    You might want to leave out the last few steps.
    Da Bounca wrote: »
    Use that method myself. Get too drunk and you have a frozen beer for the hang over in the morn. Nice.
    I normally get a bust up beer bottle and a frozen pool of amber muck all over my oven chips :(
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    1 x Dead of Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball 2
    1x locked bedroom door
    1x lubricating solution
    1 x box of mansized tissues.
    Thats a whole other thread!
    1 copy Starcraft 2 Eu edition
    1 x internet connection, thats about it
    Dat simplicity! Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

6-8 cans of bud, pizza & crisps and I'm sorted for the night. Start around 10 and go steady until I eventually fall asleep around 4 or 5. Wake up the next day with a hangover and unable to remember half of what I've done in the game :pac:

One thing I'm really going to miss about college is being able to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Drink
    Mates
    Internet connection or a house LAN.
    Teamspeak. Even if in the same room, in case we don't hear the yelled insults of the great flukes :P
    Flatout 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

2x24 box of Miller, all jammed into the fridge, several packs of chili heatwave Doritos, one completely oversized pizza from Mizzoni about 22" I think and 7 mates for a round of Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament on the Megadrive followed by several games of Mario Kart 64 finishing with a few grudge matches of Street Fighter 2 and/or Mortal Kombat 3.

Changing the cables and unplugging can become a bit of a chore though :/

aaronh007 wrote: »
    2x24 box of Miller, all jammed into the fridge

Quality. I've thrown out perfectly good food because the fucckin fridge isn't big enough when the mates are over with beers. Doesn't happen nearly enough these days. God damn the incessant power of middle age.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭mrm

Try and good naturedly make way back into girlfriends good book.

Best way is to gift her a concert ticket.;)

Take care with those ingredients though, in particular the potential lethal mix of the beers, girlfriend and who the meaty bone (fnarr fnarr chuckle) gets thrown to! Take my word for it, kids can remove a good 5 to 6 years of your gaming life, at which stage they want to play. The cheek of kids these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Quality. I've thrown out perfectly good food because the fucckin fridge isn't big enough when the mates are over with beers. Doesn't happen nearly enough these days. God damn the incessant power of middle age.

We've a spare, under-the-counter sized fridge that barely works and we only use it if the big one is full. So when the lads are over I chuck all the food in there and the beer goes into the fully functional one. Space is at a premium in the small fridge, so it's like a game of Tetris trying to fit all the food into it :pac:

mrm wrote: »
    Best way is to gift her a concert ticket.;)

Take care with those ingredients though, in particular the potential lethal mix of the beers, girlfriend and who the meaty bone (fnarr fnarr chuckle) gets thrown to! Take my word for it, kids can remove a good 5 to 6 years of your gaming life, at which stage they want to play. The cheek of kids these days!

Don't get me wrong. I don't turn down any real time based sex games when they appear! I reckon I'm close to level 10 but any haxxor tips would be appreciated.

There comes a time in any mans life though, where you feel the need to provide heavy, sustained fire from a mounted heavy machine gun in order to provide cover for a stranger to place high explosives on a perceived enemys communiction station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Get gf who likes video games, pizza and german beer, and actual music, not take that.

I like my life :)

Kadongy wrote: »
    Get gf who likes video games, pizza and german beer, and actual music, not take that.

I like my life :)

I know we're not on 4chan but pics or GTFO :)

Thats a keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A bag of weed is nice to have too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well my PC is currently not alive so ive resorted to console gaming.

So my current prefect night is...

1 x Phone on silent
    1 x Girlfriend not available (fights are good for this)
    1 x Dominos on speeddial
    1 x Xbox 360
    1 x Call of Duty: Black Ops
    1 x Internet connection
    10 x Bottles of beer (German preferably)

Nom Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I note that Lidl has a special offer on Leffe (4 x 330ml for about €4.50) and Apache Pizza are doing a special on all large pizzas (something like 15" or there abouts) for €9.99 (4 toppings and delivery not included).

Thought that some should be made aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

When I was wowwing:

Vodka
    Pepsi Max
    Weed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really don't like being drunk while playing games.

When it's playing games with friends over or lan parties though the drunker the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

When I was wowwing:

Vodka
    Pepsi Max
    Weed

Oh god i dont even want to remember my Wow habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

1. Recling arm chair.
    2. bold kids sent to bed early (whether they're bold or not).
    3. Beer
    4. Bag of weed
    5. Mix the above until a gooey consistancy
    6 Xbox optional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

great post o.p

if anyone that want to add me my xbox gamer tag is Nevaeh 2Die4

once the kids are in bed im go from 9 onwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

A few mates,
    Booze,
    Loads of spliffs,
    Some mindlessly fun multiplayer games, (Splosion Man, LBP, 3v3 NHL Arcade, FIFA, Tank Battles, Fusion Frenzy 2, Bomberman).

Good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea the kids can put a dampener on a plan like this as if the wife is out then she's having a lie on in the morning so late nights are kept earlier and beers are reduced from 10 - 4. Otherwise the plan is sound and I look forward to putting it into effect this weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

When i arrive home from work tomorrow evening at approx 18.40 my house will be empty.

Completely devoid of wifey and kids until Sunday evening at about 18.00.

The beer is already in the fridge for maximum chilled effect. I will probably gorge on lets eat in all weekend ( i particularly like their special wings with blue cheese dip)

I will live in my tracksuit.

Uncharted beta is downloaded and installed.
    Demons souls will be completed.
    And i have my new KZ3 map packs to explore.

Advertisement