Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Squad Beers

Options
  • 19-06-2011 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Well, is there anything like that? Do you guys meet from time to time for a few "zombie pints" or do any semi-survival camping weekends, etc?

WM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

we did once, not many showed up. further beers were put on hold until enough people were interested. and could agree on a time/place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Anything from 3+ would be ok me thinks.. In fairness I wouldn't be very comfortable to go if there was a huge crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

wolf moon wrote: »
    Anything from 3+ would be ok me thinks.. In fairness I wouldn't be very comfortable to go if there was a huge crowd.

same. it was grand as we had a 'zombie proofing' walk around trinity college too, and a few other sites for potential refuges. afaik smileypaul was the one who organised it. it would be nice to get it goin again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

you rang?

I tink we have quite a large number of xombie hunters in eastern north dublin now :D enough for not only some kind of zombie debating but..... a zombie piss up! :D

Yaa, wouldn't be a bad idea to meet for a few.. I'm in northside (D3-D5 area).

Unless we can meet in some remote place (like Bull Island for example), have a BBQ and a few there.. Zombie survival camp, ye know :rolleyes: Don't know if anyone would be up for that?

• Advertisement

Yaa, wouldn't be a bad idea to meet for a few.. I'm in northside (D3-D5 area).

Unless we can meet in some remote place (like Bull Island for example), have a BBQ and a few there.. Zombie survival camp, ye know :rolleyes: Don't know if anyone would be up for that?
    I'm D5

I think people from further a field would prefer somewhere that would be easy for them to get home from, i.e. town?

maybe we could hit fibbers on a quite night :P

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I'm D5

I think people from further a field would prefer somewhere that would be easy for them to get home from, i.e. town?

maybe we could hit fibbers on a quite night :P
    It's grand, I don't mind the place.. So, who can we rely on? :)

Fibbers=buuurds=distraction :D

well lets see :P I'll start a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Would anyone be interested in a weekend event? I am thinking of hosting an informal survival weekend in September in rural North Cork to practice some skills. The format would be informal but address a number of topics that we could practically do as a team. For it to work I guess around a minimum of 6-8 people.

Topics could be:
    Water purification
    Catching food - Rabbits, birds, fish etc
    Living off the land - Foraging
    Cooking
    Shelter
    Defensive positions

I am an ex military Mountain Leader so I have previous training in survival and a good bit of real experience so no one will be in any abnormal danger. There would be little or no cost as it would be on family land (100+ acres) and we would sleep rough or in tents. We would only eat what we can catch or forage but I will have a couple of "fresh" rabbits on standby to go through the process. A village would be a max of 10 mins walk so if you would not be far from civilization and a bag of chips or a pint.

krissovo wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a weekend event? I am thinking of hosting an informal survival weekend in September in rural North Cork to practice some skills. The format would be informal but address a number of topics that we could practically do as a team. For it to work I guess around a minimum of 6-8 people.

Topics could be:
    Water purification
    Cooking
    Shelter
    Defensive positions

I am an ex military Mountain Leader so I have previous training in survival and a good bit of real experience so no one will be in any abnormal danger. There would be little or no cost as it would be on family land (100+ acres) and we would sleep rough or in tents. We would only eat what we can catch or forage but I will have a couple of "fresh" rabbits on standby to go through the process. A village would be a max of 10 mins walk so if you would not be far from civilization and a bag of chips or a pint.
    This sounds really good to me. I can take some people from Dublin, I would be driving anyway. It's great to have a bit of outdoor craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Topics could be:
    Water purification
    Cooking
    Shelter
    Defensive positions

Where in North Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

lol all you guys in dublin and cork would not last 2 seconds when z day comes too much population :D

I am outside Fermoy

I am outside Fermoy

I'm not a million miles away from you. Our chances of surviving just rose :D

Maybe a chance for some North Cork Beers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Would anyone be interested in a weekend event? I am thinking of hosting an informal survival weekend in September in rural North Cork to practice some skills.
    Makes sense, at least your not trying to get every one killed like those organising their meetups in urban areas where we'd all be trapped should the outbreak happen.

Maybe a chance for some North Cork Beers :D

I'd be up for it. Would be interested in a weekend thing too.

would anyone from dublin be coming?

would anyone from dublin be coming?

We have a name for Dubliners down here. We call them Food :P

I sure all are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd be up for a dublin piss-up some night.. say when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

See you all on Saturday.

8 o clock in o reilys (under tara street) see you there :)

Not that I am trying to organise anything, but I've no plans this weekend and if any of you is free to pop out to town for a few pints I'd happily join.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

So are ya'll doing a weekend thing ?

Probably. Will be in munster by the looks of it.

You coming?

Id really love to. Are we all safe though ? could it turn into something like wrong turn ? :pac:

Seriously though, i might be a little apprehensive of a weekend thing. Id bloody love if i had the guts to go though :)

What's the worse that could happen?

*continues to chew tobacco and strums on bonjo *

:p

What's the worse that could happen?

*continues to chew tobacco and strums on bonjo *

:p

heh heh heh

I can hear a pig squealing somewhere :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay A Whole weekend of Drunken discussions of the Best Vehicle/Weapon/Safehouse/Tactic

Count me in

• Advertisement

It would be more basic survival. Just in case you need to move fast. So things like trapping, what can be eaten and what can't be. How to build temp shelter, start fire, purify water etc.

There's an outside chance of beer if you can brew it yourself :p

Advertisement