Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A zombie role-play

Options
  • 19-06-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Kinda like dungeons and dragons, I've been looking at a few. Now none of my friends would play that. I would love to organize a proper session and play it. I was just wondering would anyone be up for it? Would take a bit of proper organizing but it'd rock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

More info please, sounds interesting and I've a lot of free time on my hands =D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Forgot the actual name of the game. It's basically like D&D, except it's a zomb apoc. The game needs a game master and a few peeps, it was mentioned in the later we are alive zombie podcasts. Lol I think it would be awesome to actually have a proper role-play going on

Sunshine! wrote: »
    I've a lot of free time on my hands =D
    Yeah I stand by this point....:D
    Am quite sure I'd be able to drag the OH along to it as well if we could get one going, I used to play Dragonlance years ago in Waterford with a bunch of mates, was a shame when could no longer afford the hall and it had to stop. OH was interested in going to an RPG but we couldn't find one bar Magic the Gathering and wasn't into that. But we both have obligatory awesome dice sets!

I reckon it'd be interesting if we could get the ball rolling with it, but with limited expense. The gamemasters books etc tend to be on the ridiculously pricy end of the spectrum, so there's no point chipping in on something that isn't going to be successful past one or two meetings. With the Zombie Walk coming up, I'm sure there would be more interest heading this way.

technically you only need one gamemaster and one player so we already have three if there's no more interest....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Urban Dead for an initially annoying interface...quickly becomes addictive!

Yeah, might be able to get my gf to play it also. But I'll look into the books and all, would be hella sweet if we could get a decent group of maybe 8ish players.... I'll have details on the actual thing in the morning, to lazy/ watching anime now to bother tryna find it, but I reckon it'd rock!!

And urban dead-hells yeah, I'm addicted to that! Sadly I got made a zomb last night!!! God damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

any irish survivor groups on it?

i started one called the shamrockers in Dulston...but im brand new and have no idea whats happening

Hmmm I think alot of the boardies have a group, I'm south of tekhon prime. I'm a one man army kinda classified thing lol like a umbrella from res evil kinda feel... Though umbrella exists too

Any more info?

Yah, it's called 'outbreak:undead' it's available as a PDF so I may just get it or buy the actual book.basically need a few more people who would be interested and from there we organize a place, a time, and let the survival begin

sounds cool to me, may be able to garnish more interest so will ask around, really hope this goes ahead now =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

are yee all in Dublin?

lets role! :D

whoever asked about the boardsies group on Urban dead, look at the stickied topics in this section XD

Not in Dublin but OH is and can easily make it up =D

Yup, I'm in Dublin...
    So that's like, 4, maybe 5 people. Think we are close to getting a headshotfest on!

it says your in swords! krommy you up for this?

Swords is in Dublin is it not?:p

I thought you were the person with the gf in Dublin :P

SmileyPaul wrote: »

I do have a gf in Dublin, but she's not on this topic if that's what you meant man lol confused? :rolleyes:

I have a boyfriend in Dublin....I'm a chick ;)

I have a boyfriend in Dublin....I'm a chick ;)

That one! her! it makes sense now! :P

:D

Was on the phone to the OH and he's definitely interested in signing up....not that he had much choice, but it's somewhat more politically correct if he thinks he made the choice himself...

• Advertisement

Was on the phone to the OH and he's definitely interested in signing up....not that he had much choice, but it's somewhat more politically correct if he thinks he made the choice himself...

you'd get along far too well with my girlfriend........ women..... :P

(please don't hit me!)

(chase this TOTALLY doesn't include you :D)

If it makes it any better he chose that I chose that he'd choose to go? Having a Joey moment now! But don't worry I'm one of the guys really. Only reason I'm allowed out of the kitchen is cuz I'm lethal at fps =)

ok... you're on the list.... don't mess it up with pink fluffy things though :P

Rockin the pink fluffy camo in cod eh?
    Yeah pfffft....women.... They all suck! (cept my girl) lol mans always gotta try get brownie points

Just for that I'm not making brownies now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

krommy you up for this?

you rang? as my profile page used to say, i'm "down for whatever". its been a while since i dicerolled tho. should be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

sound fun :D im in if places left

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Are you guys talking board game wise?

I was thinking like a game of quazar (laser tag or whatever its called) but with one person designated a zombie.

The Z would only be allowed to shuffle towards people, but if your tapped by a Z you have to join their team.

lol have corprate team building excersises where they'd play in a multi-story building.

Great practice for the real thing people. A board game will get you killed on the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Kinda like dungeons and dragons, I've been looking at a few. Now none of my friends would play that. I would love to organize a proper session and play it. I was just wondering would anyone be up for it? Would take a bit of proper organizing but it'd rock

Sorry for the tardy reply and wish I was closer to you guys as I'm the resident RPG nerd here. :)

If you're looking for a system or material, I've run a zombie rpg via the All Flesh Must Be Eaten system. Fun times. It's fairly simple and quick to run. That being said, Savage Worlds has some really good zombie info out there and is a super fast game to run.

I'm looking to run some d20 Weird War 2 stuff that is zombie heavy. The source stuff isn't great but there's enough there to have some fun.

Like I said - can't join you guys but would love to hear how things go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

you'd get along far too well with my girlfriend........ women..... :P

(please don't hit me!)

(chase this TOTALLY doesn't include you :D)

Nice save. :D You know I'd never hit you unless you had the misfortune of being a zed. :p

Like Dakota, I'm too far away to get in on this, but I'm sure you guys'll have a blast.

Advertisement