Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devin Townsend & Turisas - Dublin and Belfast Dates Announced

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jako8 wrote: »
    It's a co-headline. Devin is closing. :)

Is this truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Have never heard any of Devin Townsend's stuff.... can anyone suggest a few decent songs to look up? :)

Try Christeen, Storm, Hyperdrive (two versions, but reasonably different to each other), Juular, Blackberry, Ki, Heaven Send (<- those last 2 are 7-ish minutes long each, but totally pay off by the end.) Each of these songs are off different albums so expect these to range from pretty heavy to very soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Is this truth?
    The shows just announced in Belfast and Dublin will be co-headline with TURISAS, DTP closing the show.

He said that on his facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just saw on the x music Facebook page that their trying to have a devin clinic on the tuesday at 1 pm, but they need confirmed numbers, so show your interest over on their page..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm off to see Turisas tomorrow, look forward to their set, they have Kiuas and Chthonic with them - never seen a Metal band from Taiwan before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Anyone received their ticket for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

I got mine ages ago via post

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Collecting it at the box office so eh...nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So I'll be going to this tonight (Haven't got a ticket but I'll pay in at the door) Just wondering does anyone know who is the main act? Like is Devin playing last or are Turisas?

Gonna be a class gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    So I'll be going to this tonight (Haven't got a ticket but I'll pay in at the door) Just wondering does anyone know who is the main act? Like is Devin playing last or are Turisas?

Gonna be a class gig

Academy FB page suggests: Approximate times are: Doors: 7.00pm, Turisas: 7.30 – 8.45pm, Devin Townsend: 9:15 - 10:30pm.

old gregg wrote: »
    Academy FB page suggests: Approximate times are: Doors: 7.00pm, Turisas: 7.30 – 8.45pm, Devin Townsend: 9:15 - 10:30pm.

That's deadly. Thanks

Hope Devin hangs around after. It'd be cool to meet him

This is completely sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cant believe im missing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Devin Townsend is without doubt one of the best showmen in Rock/Metal. His interaction and banter with the crowd was very entertaining. The gig itself was superb. Would've liked a few additions to the setlist from my favourite album Synchestra but all in all a good set and a great perfomance from the band too.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I think its fair to say that Devin townsend is officially insane. (but very entertaining)

As a live band I thought they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Turisas weren't what I'd call good, but they were a lot more fun than I expected.

Devin Townsend was fantastic! I'd love to see him perform with a keyboardist rather than backing tracks, but that's just a personal gripe - musically he's so impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Undergod wrote: »
    Devin Townsend was fantastic! I'd love to see him perform with a keyboardist rather than backing tracks, but that's just a personal gripe - musically he's so impressive.

Was thinking the same thing during the gig. I was looking for a Keyboardist at the side of the stage or something but there was none. Having that extra member might add another dimension to the sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Who's his backing band now? Is mean gene back on drums or is he still with fear factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

Who's his backing band now? Is mean gene back on drums or is he still with fear factory?

No mean Gene,Its this guy now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Van_Poederooyen

Was a great show,Really enjoyed it.Nice to see it sell out too maybe some other acts will take notice and head over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

definitely a savage gig :)

He's playing a "secret" acoustic show here in Newcastle at the University on Tuesday, just him and a guitar. I have to go just to see what he does:D

Advertisement