Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series Starting the 26th of June.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Buffman

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    How much money to they spend per episode? They must have some budget.
    The Marauder piece alone they blew up a Hummer & smashed up 2 other cars driving over them in the carpark.

Ye, I was wondering the same. Looked like an Alfa & a Megane they smashed up. Second hand cars must be cheap in South Africa!

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Was Amy Williams the one that had the ripped suit at the winter olympics in the tandem sled? Funniest thing I've seen in years....[/QUOTE]

No that was the bobsleigh..
    oopsie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I almost PMSL at that one. I kept imagining her half way down the run thinking "It's a bit nippy today". :D
    Buffman wrote: »
    Ye, I was wondering the same. Looked like an Alfa & a Megane they smashed up. Second hand cars must be cheap in South Africa!

No - A friend of a friend is married to a South African and apparantly they're expensive. I suspect that the Hummer and those cars were provided by the company that make the Marauder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

To judge the episode by the standards the show has set for itself...rubbish episode. The toys for big boys Hammond opener, the news was diabolical, the SIARPC was ok (about as good as they ever get), the recycled May short, & the Clarskson closing short was good up until the stupid display & colossal waste of money which will leave the remaining eps wanting in content. Given that this is the season opener, I don't hold out much hope for the rest of the shows to offer anything else.

But...

To judge the episode based on its timeslot & available contenders to watch? On Sundays at 8pm, I'll choose Top Gear. Every. Single. Time. An hour of ad free light entertainment? No contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I want one of those Growlers, just so I can say "I'm going outside to wax the Growler". :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Buffman

Another good EP tonight. The 3 hatch bit was good, looked like good craic going around Monaco.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Buffman wrote: »
    Another good EP tonight. The 3 hatch bit was good, looked like good craic going around Monaco.

I thought it started better than last weeks one. Its a good idea to kick the show off with May or Clarkson, when it kicks off with a Hammond feature it gets dull. Very fast.

After that though it dipped severly, & actually for the first time I contemplated turning the tv off about half way through, it was a real struggle to watch that city car/ridiculous challenge bollox yet again. I'm glad I did battle on though, the Monaco feature redeemed the episode, & you could clearly see it meant a lot to Clarkson to drive the circuit.

Thats the problem with Top Gear I find, because of the excessive scripture, & characterisms, its so easy to look past the genuine moments in it these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

May's schooboy attempts to chatup the woman in the car had me in hysterics as did Hammond's usual farcical coming last on the points tally!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement