Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple phones to block you taking concert pictures in future!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Personal opinion. Like the ease of use not being locked into apple....not having my travels being documented.....not having to pay a **** load for an upgrade....

So nothing has changed today then? These are all previous concerns of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great idea, it really pisses me off when I'm looking for a song on youtube and all I get are lousy "bootleg vids" with crappy camera phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

You can turn off location tracking on google phones.

Christ don't get all up in arms about it. I'm not fighting about my opinion tooth and nail. Sorry I said anything now. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

OSI wrote: »
    Do you realise all smartphones record your location?

Do you realise google not only records your location but uses it to sell adverts and sells the information to companies?
    This is true.
    Such tech is used by the police alone now for court cases.
    The Bulger killers were shown to the jury in relation to the route they had took and traced (evidence later used in court) via the constant bouncing signals from their phones to cell tower locations in the area.

Google also are well known for their advertising antics. Anyone remember the recent fracas about they recording additional info using their street mapping tech!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I can never understand why when i go to a concert to see a band everyone is watching it through a phone!

FFS people, get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

OSI wrote: »
    As can you on iPhones ;)

Didn't know that. Something learned today. Christ you iphone people can get terribly pissed off when someone disses your phone!

Guill wrote: »
    I can never understand why when i go to a concert to see a band everyone is watching it through a phone!

FFS people, get a life.
    I wouldn't record a concert myself - but it is nice just to be able to take a pic or two, thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Didn't know that. Something learned today. Christ you iphone people can get terribly pissed off when someone disses your phone!

Ha ha,you people that don't have an iPhone seem to constantly feel the need to tell everyone why you shouldn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Biggins wrote: »
    I wouldn't record a concert myself - but it is nice just to be able to take a pic or two, thats all.

I was at Seasick Steve a while back in Vicar street, at one stage he stopped mid song to tell the crowd to put down the phones.

Guill wrote: »
    I was at Seasick Steve a while back in Vicar street, at one stage he stopped mid song to tell the crowd to put down the phones.
    Was at a concert once with Christy Moore singing.
    He did similar. He went ape-schite at some people and refused to play on till every one put away their phones.
    Understandable to good extent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's just a patent for now I doubt it will be implemented.
    Sony have a patent to permanently lock a game disk to the first console it is put into preventing it working on any other console.
    They never did anything with it although I'm sure some publishers would love it.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if content producers pushed for this tech in the future, not so much at the phone OS level but as something in the camera modules themselves making it phone OS independent and impossible to bypass.
    Humm maybe I should file a patent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

finally , ive been waiting for something like this, no more sh*tty live copies of songs on youtube, no more terrible concert video copies made by drunk people , its an excellent idea

also with regards to airplane mode, IR signals are received by cameras so either the camera will have to turn off too or theyll just leave the camera intercept the signals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Nail firmly hit on the head, why would apple try and alienate their customers

Never underestimate the willingness of an Apple fanboi to bend over, take it, like it and consider it "love".

Advertisement