Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunar eclipse tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

One patch of cloud in the sky and its in front of the moon. Typical.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Picture i took tonight in Waterford City at around 10.30 http://twitpic.com/5c30q7

lunareclipse.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

Nice one. Too much cloud cover in my part of Donegal then and now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

great viewing in Donegal tonight. The Gods were kind...
    1st: Lunar eclipse at Beltany Stone Circle
    5837961238_53f1a7106b.jpg

5837409251_45e13e620b.jpg

2nd: ISS flyby
    5837963020_4310d21681.jpg

and finally Noctilucent Clouds
    5837413285_2213dcaa06.jpg

5837412521_e7c98449b2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Wow ^ Your pictures are amazing! What camera do you use?

• Advertisement

sambora wrote: »
    Wow ^ Your pictures are amazing! What camera do you use?

Canon 400d with 17-40mm f4L and 70-200mm f4L lenses, tripod and remote shutter release.

And by the looks of the eclipse photos the sensor needs a good cleaning!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

muckish wrote: »
    Canon 400d with 17-40mm f4L and 70-200mm f4L lenses, tripod and remote shutter release.

And by the looks of the eclipse photos the sensor needs a good cleaning!

How did you embed your images in the post ? I tried to insert my image from Twitpic but it only stays embed for a while then gives an error GIF instead of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

@ Muckish, really great photos. I am just a novice(point and shoot) but might post a few more later anyway. The area looks really interesting too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

How did you embed your images in the post ? I tried to insert my image from Twitpic but it only stays embed for a while then gives an error GIF instead of the image.

Twitpic is fine for uploading to Twitter but I tend to use Photobucket to store and upload my images, GIFs etc. It has a huge variety of editing functions as well so its worth giving it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭lolie

I saw the ISS travel across the sky. Strangely moving (in the emotional sense rather than the Oh God something is wrong with it sense). Will it be visible again tomorrow night?

There's four visible passes tonight, weather permitting

Starts Ends

16 Jun, 22:38:24 SW 22:43:49 E
    17 Jun, 00:13:23 WSW 00:19:25 E
    17 Jun, 01:48:52 W 01:54:42 ESE
    17 Jun, 03:25:03 WSW 03:28:37 S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Interesting to see that it's pitch dark in the Waterford photos whereas in the Donegal photos there is still daylight, both taken at around the same time.

I have a flickr account and they have a share facility where you can grab the URL for the image in question and insert that into your Boards.ie post using the insert image icon.

Useful tool for tracking satellite flybys here

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/country.php

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

muckish wrote: »

I know feck all about cameras but thats a fairly hi-tech hi-spec explaination right there...excellent photos by the way. Was a beautiful night to be out and about

Advertisement