Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chewing the fat...and then spitting it out

Options
  • 12-06-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey. I started changing my diet and jogging 2miles everyday and doing some incline benchpresses (in an effort to loose the breasticles) Was hoping if i gave an idea of my diet and routine maybe you guys could help me with some pointers? I'm 22 and weigh 16st4lbs at 6'1.In feb i weighed 18st1lb,lost a stone in just over a month, then lost interest, then regained interest in may and lost almost another stone since..so...
    Breakfast: a banana and/or 0% yogurt like glenisk or vitelinia or a boiled egg
    Lunch:Tin of tuna,lettuce and cheese
    Jog: 2miles,8mins each way
    Dinner:either turkey breast and half a tin of beans or whatever i cook for dad and bro minus the pasta/spuds/rice so chicken stir fry with no carbs
    Snack: a yogurt if i get peckish

I feel like ive trained my stomach to shrink a bit and not be hungry as often as i was (mainly through boredom)..any tips or advice appreciated.
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

OP: Sounds very familair to my situatuion a few years back so I can relate a good bit.

While the jogging will help to some extent, your body will just become used to this and weight loss would slow down, even halt. Also, doing weights for one part of your body solely will create a muscle imballance, i.e. the more taught your chest muscles become, the more of a stretch there will be on your back, leading to long term problems. (speaking from experience). I would advise getting into a gym and get lifting properly doing an all body routine. Another option would be a kettlebell class, or even bootcamp. you should see the weight fall off once you challenge your body.

As regards Diet, I would throw some carbs in there, get more lean protein in, try get more veg and fruits in. Looks like a very small breakfast, perhaps try get some porridge oats in to kick start your morning. For your height and weight it looks like your consuming very little calories in your day which could have an adverse reaction to your weightloss. Your body could go into survival mode, holding on to as much fat as possible because its not getting enough calories through the day.

Im sure there will be more detailed advice given but thats my two cents anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pedroIII

Cheers thehamo.helpful!seems to be a steady and, in my limited knowledge, a healthy fall..My ideal weight is 14st..I think for my height that would be ideal although im mainly going by what i see in my clothes and in the mirror..

Advertisement