Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Decrease [Eircom Broadband]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tungsten Tide

You're agreeing with me then, I am indeed confused:D I'm not referring to any issue. Also, you need to re-read my post. I had said that when a connection doesn't even use up the available speed from "wireless G" (802.11g) then there's little point in going for 802.11n gear. Especially when so many devices still don't have 802.11n and will force a router to work at 802.11g speeds if any device isn't 802.11n compatible (in most cases anyway).

My main point is that the OP was having problems with his line and these appear to be resolved so I don't know what replacing a functional router (at cost of course) would achieve here unless he was having other problems with it?

Sorry ab8 that. You're 100% right.;)

Advertisement