Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Dell Outlet Store

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

No, I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Ardent wrote: »
    No, I'm in Dublin

How cheap?

550 cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Ardent - do dell uk outlet deliver to Ireland?

No, only to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

No, only to UK.

Still got it?

Not yet, should get it next week. I have a potential buyer who wants to look at it when I get it, but I can give you second refusal if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Not yet, should get it next week. I have a potential buyer who wants to look at it when I get it, but I can give you second refusal if you'd like.

Did you get a tracking number ? No tracking number or estimated delivery number :@ very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

NAgh man off to pc world to get something

Got my laptop today.. extremely happy with it :) the 720p display is good if you ask me !
    its not wow but it performs well enough, think I have the blue ray drive which is a nice surprise .. there was a scuff or too but I can except that since I saved €600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Can you get these delivered to Ireland? I've tried various formats of my address but unable to get around postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

probably only to the north

Murta wrote: »
    Can you get these delivered to Ireland? I've tried various formats of my address but unable to get around postcode.
    Yep only to the north,
    I used deliverme.ie you use there address as the delivery address and they send it to you with dpd next day delivery. I was very happy with the service, 32 euro for delivery + insurance .

Just a quick note to add my praise for www.deliverme.ie. Great service and Paul was a pleasure to deal with, would recommend highly. Delivery cost me 22 euros (I didn't opt for insurance).

I picked up the laptop after getting back from my hols. Pleasantly surprised to discover it has USB 3.0 ports after all - I presume SS on the ports indicate SuperSpeed USB/ USB 3.0 ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just a quick note to add my praise for www.deliverme.ie. Great service and Paul was a pleasure to deal with, would recommend highly. Delivery cost me 22 euros (I didn't opt for insurance).

I picked up the laptop after getting back from my hols. Pleasantly surprised to discover it has USB 3.0 ports after all - I presume SS on the ports indicate SuperSpeed USB/ USB 3.0 ??

Yes. The inside of the connection port is usually blue as well but not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

MarkJD wrote: »
    Got myself an Alienware M11x R2 that was only built in April this year and was then canceled as an order so it was brand new, it was a great bargain!

Some machines are refurbs, some are machines that are cancelled orders, some are machines that are sent incorrectly to the customer and because they are custom made Dell has to then sell it on at a discounted rate.

:eek: Ya lucky thing! Would love one of these myself - gonna keep an eye on the refurb site from now on.

Yes. The inside of the connection port is usually blue as well but not always.

Indeed they are. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know if this still works and that orders can be made on the Dell UK outlet site?

I tried ordering a latitude the other day and my payment was declined even though I filled out the billing address's first line with my credit card's real address. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am not sure what happened with your payment but I have used it couple of times before without any issues.

You do realize that they dont ship to Ireland. You will have to use parcel motel if you want to order.

The last time I ordered I got a call from my credit card company asking about the order. I asked them to let the payment go through and it was fine after that. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I tried ordering through parcel motel last year. I changed my credit card address to the parcel motel one and alerted my card company too. Dell still rejected the payment - tried explaining everything to them on the phone but no dice. In the end got my sister to pick me up a Lenovo yoga in the states - very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i got one in december. I had an address in the north i could use for delivery but my billing address was my regular irish address but with the same post code i used for delivery.
    i didnt change my address with the bank.

Inspiron 15R - N5110 Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 1 364.70 £
    Inspiron 15R - N5110
    Misc
    Display: 15.6in High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife

Information SKU - Remanufacturing Order
    Misc
    8X DVD+/- RW Drive
    English Genuine Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64Bit OS)
    Software Drivers (No Media)
    MOD,LBL,N-SERIES,SML,NBK
    Hard Drive : 750GB Serial ATA (7200RPM)
    6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
    Label
    Scratch and Dent: Refurbished and factory tested. Great at performance with possible considerable cosmetic blemishes
    Wireless: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (1x2 b/g/n+ Bluetooth Combo Card)
    6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHZ (2 DIMMs)
    LCD Back Cover : Diamond Black Switch Cover [Switchable Lid]
    Graphics : 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M Graphics card
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz)
    Power Supply: 130W AC Adapter
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

its supposed to be scratched but i cant see anything, looks like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭dontmindme

donegal. wrote: »
    i got one in december. I had an address in the north i could use for delivery but my billing address was my regular irish address but with the same post code i used for delivery.
    i didnt change my address with the bank.

Almost exactly what I did...parcelmotel for delivery address, my address with parcelmotel's postcode for billing - payment declined.

Tried it again last night with parcelmotel's address for billing and delivery except for my name house number and road in the first fields of the billing address and the order has been confirmed.

i had a fault with the motherboard on my laptop but dell had no problem sending the technician to my actual address in donegal, I thought i would have to get it back to my mate in the north to get it fixed.
    (i rang dell on the 23rd and the technician was at my house on xmas eve , went to belfast for parts then came back and fixed it. Cant beat that for customer service).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

donegal. wrote: »
    i had a fault with the motherboard on my laptop but dell had no problem sending the technician to my actual address in donegal, I thought i would have to get it back to my mate in the north to get it fixed.
    (i rang dell on the 23rd and the technician was at my house on xmas eve , went to belfast for parts then came back and fixed it. Cant beat that for customer service).

you must have paid extra for an upgraded warranty ?

green123 wrote: »
    you must have paid extra for an upgraded warranty ?

no, i didnt pay any extra.

Anyone thinking of using the dell outlet site make sure you have your account set up in advance as you only have 15 minutes to complete the transaction.
    new deals are posted every day at about 2 to 4pm and you have to be VERY fast as they're snapped up almost immediately . You need to know in advance what spec you're looking for and the price.

Advertisement