Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Beerfest 2011!

Options
  • 10-06-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Are people aware of this?? It is on in the Pod on Friday 19th August ...it's never too soon to get ready for these kind of events :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Aka Lughnasa Beer Festival.

www.beerfestival.ie

From the briefing I was given today It is on from 5:30pm - 10:30pm

I will be in attendance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

We're going! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

I can't wait. Hopefully it'll give me a chance to meet some of the beer loving boardsies on here. I am a long term reader but rarely post ...mainly because I am relatively new to the world of actually good tasting beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

How does this work? Is it like Taste of Dublin as in buying tasters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Never been to it but hope to go this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cheapskates and moaners need not apply, its for people who want to experience quality new beers from around the world, not people looking to get tanked up on huge amounts of cheap "beer".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Cheapskates and moaners need not apply, its for people who want to experience quality new beers from around the world, not people looking to get tanked up on huge amounts of cheap "beer".

Do you think there will be much or anything different that you cant pick up in one of the good beer off licences around Dublin, considering the 20 euro entrance fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

oblivious wrote: »
    Do you think there will be much or anything different that you cant pick up in one of the good beer off licences around Dublin, considering the 20 euro entrance fee?

Possibly not but it's an enjoyable atmosphere where you can taste and talk beer. The weather was great last year so a lot of people were out in the beer garden. Actually it would have been worringly overcrowded inside if it had been raining.

Most of the stalls were also fairly generous with measure sizes and all beers were priced the same so if you picked carefully you could get a decent measure of some expensive high abv beers at a good price.

I thought the entrance fee included a couple of drinks last year. Could be wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, you got five (I think) tokens last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

It was great fun last year, if a little crowded. I'll be going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I would be keen to go, but also would be interested in the structure (not looking to get tanked up on cheap beer). I would rather sample lots of small portions of beer, than drink pints of a small number of beers.

You pay the entrance fee, and get vouchers for small servings of beer, and can then buy additional vouchers for additional servings of beer? Is it a mixture of draught and bottles? Do you think it be well-represented by the Irish craft brewers or a closed shop based on the organizer's typical supply chain? Can you taste a beer (tiny sample) before using a voucher for a larger portion?

I know I should ask direct, but I'm feeling lazy. :)

You pay the entrance fee, and get vouchers for small servings of beer, and can then buy additional vouchers for additional servings of beer?
    Yes.
    Is it a mixture of draught and bottles?
    Yes
    Do you think it be well-represented by the Irish craft brewers or a closed shop based on the organizer's typical supply chain?
    Metalman will be there, Dungarvan too, I think. Pretty sure Grand Cru will have the Porterhouse stuff. Possibly more.
    Can you taste a beer (tiny sample) before using a voucher for a larger portion?
    I'd say it depends who you ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'd say it depends who you ask ;)
    So who should we ask? :)

Thanks for the concise response. I'm sold!

So who should we ask? :)
    I would say -- and this isn't based on any sort of experience or anything -- that anyone who's there selling their own product would be happy to give you a taste, while anyone who's there as an employee of a company is more likely to play by the rules. However, it's quite possible that organisers would have imposed a strict no-free-tastes rule. I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Metalman will be there, Dungarvan too, I think. Pretty sure Grand Cru will have the Porterhouse stuff. Possibly more.

A very interesting, I though it was just a bottle event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The only draught I saw was the pod's own taps but of course this year could be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

It was last year, but I think it's opened up a bit more this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

i heard there will be taps this year and possibly even a limited edition cask brew from brewdog...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

My girlfriend just won tickets for this on radio nova. Excellent

The beer list so far is up on the website here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The beer list so far is up on the website here.

Do you think there will be any real ale drinking babes at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Which will be better, this, or the one in the RDS in September?

Unfortunately I won't get a pass to got to both!

Do you think there will be any real ale drinking babes at it?
    It's being organised by one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

wow! hadn't realised Pie Minister are going to be there. Plus they have Abstrakt from Brew Dog on the list.

Looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Well, there's quite a few beers there anyway! I'm pretty excited, particularly intrigued by the bourganel ones - has anyone had them? Are they nice, or a bit gimmicky?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Hello

Are the tickets only available on the internet or can they bought elsewhere?

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

geeky wrote: »
    Well, there's quite a few beers there anyway! I'm pretty excited, particularly intrigued by the bourganel ones - has anyone had them? Are they nice, or a bit gimmicky?

Had never of them before. I'm curious as well, athough I can't say that I have good feeling about this. Verveine in beer would just be plain weird, Nougat would (at best) taste like Innis & Gunn (which I loathe) and chestnut.. if it's anywhere close to the Pietra (from Corsica), it should go down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

LaBaguette wrote: »
    geeky wrote: »

Had never of them before. I'm curious as well, athough I can't say that I have good feeling about this. Verveine in beer would just be plain weird, Nougat would (at best) taste like Innis & Gunn (which I loathe) and chestnut.. if it's anywhere close to the Pietra (from Corsica), it should go down the drain.

Hmmmmm interesting take - though I like Innis & Gunn!

redalan wrote: »
    Are the tickets only available on the internet or can they bought elsewhere?
    Deveney's Dundrum.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

If i can believe there will be some real beer there i might think about it at least.Warm beer from the wood like the kind that's impossible to get.How many know what i'm on about?Very few i imagine.

Advertisement