Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

titan18 wrote: »
    If it's not a daily deal,don't buy it til the last day

do they get cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

ShaneU wrote: »
    Test Drive Unlimited 2 for a fiver!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9930

Why on earth do they have SecuROM included in the Steam version? the 4 machine activation limit has actually put me off buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Helix wrote: »
    do they get cheaper?

Not really,but it could end up as a daily deal some day. Anything non-daily deal won't get more expensive so best to wait

do they get cheaper?
    If they're included in a daily deal they'll be reduced more

looks like today's deals are recettear, lead and gold, bit.trip runner and bit.trip beat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

do they get cheaper?

They might - daily deals tend to drop some of the already low prices ridiculously low.

Not a Mac friendly sale so far. Tempted to pick up Recettar at that price even though I can't play it :pac: Damn you Steam sales!

Steam is down, there's a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

They might - daily deals tend to drop some of the already low prices ridiculously low.

Not a Mac friendly sale so far. Tempted to pick up Recettar at that price even though I can't play it :pac: Damn you Steam sales!
    Was gonna buy recettear @ half price...

75% off? Laffin!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

None of the sales prices are showing for me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sentry down!

• Advertisement

KOTOR, The Longest Journey and Gold and Lead in the cart for me so far anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit.Trip Runner and Reccettear for 5.75, thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »
    None of the sales prices are showing for me for some reason.

try restarting steam, worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Portal 2 on sale?

Is Portal 2 on sale?

33% off

Is Portal 2 on sale?
    33% off
    For €11 extra you could get the entire valve pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd say Portal 2 might get a further reduction near the end. Or is it too soon?

Anyone played Bit.Trip Beat? Runner is OK but unfairly hard on Wii, so a bit dubious about the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the Steam wallet might save me this time. Gonna put 50 into my account and when that's gone, I'm done.

oooh! its on until July 10th

Sale splash page is up now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Must get some more funds, didn' know kotor was on sale and the kings bounty games are on sale as well. 10.19 for medal of honour is tempting.

i thought you would have had kotor and played several times by now RG?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Servers seem to be getting hammered already. I got this amusing error screen:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

Are you getting that on the main site or the forums?

Notice a certain publisher missing from this list? :pac:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer2011_publishers

Skerries wrote: »
    i thought you would have had kotor and played several times by now RG?

I played it, hated it. Then I learnt a bit more about western RPGs now that I'm not young and stupid and realised I was playing western RPGs wrong. Played Mass Effect the way it's supposed to be played and fell in love with western RPGs and now I want to go back to KotoR and play it properly! :) I realised that WRPGs have awful combat systems but it's more about the choices you make and how they affect the game. I was running around being a goody two shoes when I really should have been putting myself in the role of the main character avatar.

Are you getting that on the main site or the forums?

Steam application for Mac.

Only once though!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Notice a certain publisher missing from this list? :pac:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer2011_publishers

Bioware?

Skerries wrote: »
    Bioware?

Who owns bioware? ;)

why would anyone be expecting ea to be there when theyve got their own store now anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    10.19 for medal of honour is tempting.
    I saw MoH for €9.99 in Harvey Norman (Drogheda) today. Black Ops for the same. Not sure if it's the same in all their stores, they're usually hit and miss... probably not worth 20 cent to try and find out :)

Advertisement