Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kettlebell Classes Cork City/Douglas area

• 10-06-2011 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi - anyone know of evening kettlebell classes in Cork City??? I have heard they give an amazing workout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Hi Clon.
    I know of two places in Cork.
    One is in Little Island and run by a guy called Stephen McGrath. He does a lot of other stuff like personal training etc and does an 8 week course for about 80 to 100 euro and if you miss a class its your tough.
    Or there is K2C in Blackpool near Murphys world of wonder. Its run by a woman and is more a casual training session at 7.50 an hour but you learn how to use them safely all the same. Mostly women in the classes as I discovered but this doesnt mean its easy.
    Ive been using them a short while now and they are definitly wortha try.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Just re-read ur post and remembered the class is called Swingfit and she will be starting a new class in Douglas soon but I think she wants people to sign up for a series of sessions in the community hall near the playground.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manicbusy1973

Hi all - i am looking for a good kettlebells class near Douglas - preferably in the mornings if anyone knows anywhere good. I know about Leisureworld and the Bull and Fiddle but they are both evening classes.

The best you could do is go for about four or five evening classes and once you have got the technique right, buy your own and carry on from there.

I cant stress enough how important technique is.
    If you suspect you have any kind of a back problem you will soon discover it very quickly with Kettlebells.

You could also buy Pavel Tsaloutines book Enter the kettlebell whick will give you a very good descriptions of the exercises. or youtube it. But again getting lessons will build your technique faster.

Good luck

Advertisement