Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go (Replacing Sky Mobile TV App)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Where did you see this? I didnt see any restrictions on changing registered devices mentioned in the 'manage devices' page or the faq.

from a e-mail i got back from sky:
    Dear xxxxxx
    Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the process for having only 2 devices registered is not something that will be short term. We have though increased the amount of changes that you can make in a 7 changes per month.

I can only apologise for the wording in the previous email regarding the issue has mislead you.

Kind regards

Caroleann

Sky Help Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

unbelievable jeff!! is it just me that notices the pic quality is not as good as the previous sky player app!?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Daysha wrote: »
    I too would like to see where that 7 changes is coming from. It used to be only 1 change a month, and now the new app won't let me watch anything on my iPhone because it says I've made the maximum number of changes (I've made zero changes this month).

The app told me that too, I just removed one of the two devices I had registered (via the website) and it then worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Before Sky Go was launched, it was announced that 7 devices could be registered, but this was changed on the launch day. According to the Sky Help Forums, there is a Fair Usage Policy as to how many times you can change the device each month. But Sky will not release how many times this Fair Usage Policy covers.

Taken from the Sky Help Forums, by a Sky Rep:
    Hi Everyone,

We have now received the following update regarding Sky Go Device registration.
    Customers can manage their devices via the settings tab on Skygo.com. Each household can register up to 2 devices with subsequent registrations and changes subject to fair use. Due to this there isn’t a fixed number of changes that can be made on a monthly basis. To avoid confusion and setting the wrong expectation with customers we therefore cant’ communicate the number of changes you can make. However, be assured that If a customer reaches the device limit due to technical issues outside of their control the Sky Go support team can identity this and rectify this.

Thanks to everyone for their patience while we got clarification on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Does anybody know this does work in the US? I just downloaded the app but it says the app can't find a connection ( and I defin have Internet connection). Is it geo locked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Does anybody know this does work in the US? I just downloaded the app but it says the app can't find a connection ( and I defin have Internet connection). Is it geo locked?

Yep. Works in UK and IRL only

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tubbs26

I'm a little confused. I subscribe to SS1 only (€16 p/m) and the sky mobile app on the i phone (€10 p/m). I downloaded the sky go app and I can only watch SS1 (ie matches my subscription) but the sky mobile app is still showing all the SS channels.

Is the sky mobile app going to cease and be replaced by Sky Go? If the sky go app is replaced I suppose I might as well just get the full sky package and I will have access all the sports channels on my laptop and iphone. (I presume this is what sky were trying to achieve by creating sky go)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tubbs26 wrote: »
    Is the sky mobile app going to cease and be replaced by Sky Go? If the sky go app is replaced I suppose I might as well just get the full sky package and I will have access all the sports channels on my laptop and iphone. (I presume this is what sky were trying to achieve by creating sky go)

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

unbelievable jeff!! is it just me that notices the pic quality is not as good as the previous sky player app!?

Unwatchable quality. I had no problem paying for the service, as it was crystal clear. Now I am being forced to use a free service which is worth less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

tubbs26 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. I subscribe to SS1 only (€16 p/m) and the sky mobile app on the i phone (€10 p/m). I downloaded the sky go app and I can only watch SS1 (ie matches my subscription) but the sky mobile app is still showing all the SS channels.

You can now get ESPN free by subscribing to the Sky Sports pack so maybe thats another reason for you to subscribe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

does this work with airplay to appletv ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Picture quality is dire on the Sky Go app, where as my Sky mobile tv app its still perfect.

e5fb3422.jpg

7560264d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The picture is perfect on my iPad.

Picture perfect for me too, iPhone and iPad looks like first bad pic above then comes good after a couple of secs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

copacetic wrote: »
    Picture perfect for me too, iPhone and iPad looks like first bad pic above then comes good after a couple of secs

Yep mine too except comes good prob after 1 sec. Only tried it over wifi tho'.

Yep mine too except comes good prob after 1 sec. Only tried it over wifi tho'.

I probably should have posted two pics while on 3G rather than wifi, like others here, after about 3 seconds the picture does come good over wifi buy certainly not on 3G where as I never had those issues on mobile tv app

Mine works fine on 3G on iPhone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

yes to be fair i just downloaded it and tried for a couple of secs the pic stabilises after maybe 10 seconds roll on Friday for free espn!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

So I have a laptop an xbox and an iPhone but I can only watch sky on two of these devices or swap around 7 times a month? (which it says I've already used :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭talla

does this work with airplay to appletv ?

Anyone able to confirm this as I'm thinking of cancelling my existing sky sports subscription (UPC - so no free access) if it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

talla wrote: »
    Anyone able to confirm this as I'm thinking of cancelling my existing sky sports subscription (UPC - so no free access) if it does?

Havent tried it with Sky Go but the Mobile TV App definitely didn't work. Would be delighted if it did but can't see them allowing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I'm a Sky TV subscriber, but not Sky Sports, and also pay €10 a month for the Sky Mobile app.

Installed Sky Go this morning but couldn't access any Sports channels. I had presumed that Sky Go was replacing the Sky Mobile app and therefore my Sky Sports subscription should carry across. Anyway, I called Sky and was told that Sky Go is only for existing Sky subscribers and will basically replicate your TV subscription online.
    I asked about Sky Mobile app and was told that it will continue to exist and cater for non-subscribers. Asked could I change my registered device to from my iPhone to my iPad & was told that, as I was on an iPhone sub, to get an "iPad subscription" I would have to pay €40 a month instead of the €10 I'm currently paying! It gives you 1 iPad and 1 iPhone for that.

Anyway, looks like Sky have gotten what they wanted all along as I've just added Sky Sports to my TV subscription to take advantage of Sky Go and will cancel my Sky Mobile subscription. Will cost me an extra €24 a month but I think I'll use Sky Go a hell of a lot.

At least Sky are embracing technology a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picture is perfect for me also after about two seconds of playback

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Ok im slightly confused as to what content i will actually get on my I pad with this app.

I am piggy backing my parents bog standard sky subscription (no movies, no sports) - does mean that the I pad app is basically useless to me and I will get nothing for free on it? (But will be able to watch everything my laptop?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Ok im slightly confused as to what content i will actually get on my I pad with this app.

I am piggy backing my parents bog standard sky subscription (no movies, no sports) - does mean that the I pad app is basically useless to me and I will get nothing for free on it? (But will be able to watch everything my laptop?)
    Yep, the only channels on it so far are Sky Sports and Sky Movies along with Sky News. But the Entertainment Channels are coming at some date.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Pitty no AirPlay support except for sound.

I see At The Races is not included in the sky go package where as it was on sky mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There is a large time lag between TV/Laptop and an Iphone.
    Picture is okay after about 5-10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Is anyone else have problems at the moment with channels freezing? Have 100mb UPC broadband so bandwidth isn't an issue and don't have any problems streaming video with other apps. I'm using the iPad app.

Advertisement