Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeping pattern....

Options
  • 07-06-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

unsure of where to post this but seriously ned help.
    sleeping pattern is out the window, the only way i seem to be able to sleep lately if if i change my bed clothes(comfort thing really) bu its slightly impractical. I do have a phobia about taking sleeper though. so im wondering anyone got any tips on how to doze off? and please no counting sheep, or counting of any shape or form.

Comments

There's a few things you can try - cutting out anything caffeinated after a specific time (say.. 7pm- no tea, coffee, coke or anything that contains caffeine), turning off anything electrical an hour before you sleep (so you can let your eyes rest - and by electrical, I mean TV, laptop, mobile device etc), take up yoga or meditation (it's been proven that both of these and/or proper breathing practices can improve a person's quality of sleep), or by just putting a drop of lavender under your pillow before you sleep.

If it does continue after you've tried any of these, however, then I would advice you to consult your GP to see if there are any underlying problems.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Moved from tLL to Sleeping and Dreaming.

Wait, there's a Sleeping & Dreaming forum? Jaysis, is there anything Boards doesn't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I would try and tire yourself out maybe go for a run before you go to bed or something like that. You'll feel lovely and tired and get even fitter too! :D

The more frustrated you get at being unable to sleep with mess with your sleeping pattern even more.....try and relax and close your eyes. Think about nice relaxing things. Before you know it you're waking up!

I hope something that I have said works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

There's a few things you can try - cutting out anything caffeinated after a specific time (say.. 7pm- no tea, coffee, coke or anything that contains caffeine), turning off anything electrical an hour before you sleep (so you can let your eyes rest - and by electrical, I mean TV, laptop, mobile device etc), take up yoga or meditation (it's been proven that both of these and/or proper breathing practices can improve a person's quality of sleep), or by just putting a drop of lavender under your pillow before you sleep.

If it does continue after you've tried any of these, however, then I would advice you to consult your GP to see if there are any underlying problems.
    ive tried the cutting out caffine and drinking water, now have to give a shot at turning everything off. as that use to soothe me to sleep..i used to have my tv on timer and just nod off.
    I would try and tire yourself out maybe go for a run before you go to bed or something like that. You'll feel lovely and tired and get even fitter too! :D

The more frustrated you get at being unable to sleep with mess with your sleeping pattern even more.....try and relax and close your eyes. Think about nice relaxing things. Before you know it you're waking up!

I hope something that I have said works!

i think you have a point, it was only 7 this morning when i started dozing off.
    but that was more due to my asthma though :(

will take all ye're ideas though guy as this is driving me up the walls....

now off to buy some lavender :)
    i used to have a lavender eye mask must buy another one

• Advertisement
Advertisement