Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Byrne

Options
  • 06-01-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Top Irish comedian JASON BYRNE will record his new DVD, “Dave’s one night Stand” in the Olympia Theatre on Sun 23rd Jan with Milton Jones and more guests to be announced. You are exclusively invited to this very special evening of stand-up comedy. Limited complimentary ticket availability so please reserve yours now though Applause Store, link below.
    http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-book-show.php?id=335&bid=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks OP, just applied for 12 tickets (2 really ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Those are fake hands!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

top irish comedian???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Free tickets to Jason Byrne. And this is a bargain how :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

top irish comedian???
    amdublin wrote: »
    Ah cut it out.... free is free!

I'm not particularly a fan, but I commend his energy on stage and the guy has his fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

cool thanks, booked a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

amdublin wrote: »

Don't judge him if you haven't seen him live. Thought he was the most unfunny comedian I'd ever heard until I was taken to see him in Edinburgh a few years ago (they love him over there). He was hilarious in the flesh, brought the house down, I couldn't believe it, i've seen him many times on TV since and don't find him funny at all.

For some reason he's one of those comedians that only works as a live act, but he is very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cheers, just stuck my name down for 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Thanks OP!!!

Love Jason Byrne Live

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thanks OP just put name in for a couple of tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Don't judge him if you haven't seen him live. Thought he was the most unfunny comedian I'd ever heard until I was taken to see him in Edinburgh a few years ago (they love him over there). He was hilarious in the flesh, brought the house down, I couldn't believe it, i've seen him many times on TV since and don't find him funny at all.

For some reason he's one of those comedians that only works as a live act, but he is very funny.

Agreed, I went to see him live with low expectations and was splittingmy sides laughing most of the time. He draws most of his act from crowd interaction and there's no telling where he'll go with it ..

changed my mind though when I saw how much information those guys look for when registering

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have seen him live before and it hilarious, he is a bit mad and the show could go in any direction but worth seeing imo. Would love to get tickets to this, but cant make it on the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i actually thought he was pretty good until i saw him live.
    i'm talking about that show he had back around 2000 sometime, where he had that sketch called fair enough city, and everyone in it was called bella.
    2 hours of taking the piss out of the audience 8 years later ruined it all for me.
    oh well, enjoy it if ye go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I have seen him live, and he stunk the place out. The entire show was picking on the first two rows of the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭cson

Stky10 wrote: »
    I have seen him live, and he stunk the place out. The entire show was picking on the first two rows of the audience.

Ah come on they're free! Granted Byrne isn't my cup of tea either but **** it, let whoever wants to snaffle free tickets snaffle them!

Just for you Stky10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

eliza64 wrote: »
    Top Irish comedian JASON BYRNE will record his new DVD, “Dave’s one night Stand” in the Olympia Theatre on Sun 23rd Jan with Milton Jones and more guests to be announced. You are exclusively invited to this very special evening of stand-up comedy. Limited complimentary ticket availability so please reserve yours now though Applause Store, link below.
    http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-book-show.php?id=335&bid=1

it wont let me register until i put a postcode in depsite me putting ireland as my address, tried 00 and a few others any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

POKERKING wrote: »
    it wont let me register until i put a postcode in depsite me putting ireland as my address, tried 00 and a few others any suggestions?

made one up worked ok, be delighted if i got tickets to this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

If it's a postcode in dublin put a d before it. Works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Not interested but let me know when that idiot starts paying his audience to attend his sh1te show. I might consider going if I get paid enough to endure his tripe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Not interested but let me know when that idiot starts paying his audience to attend his sh1te show. I might consider going if I get paid enough to endure his tripe ;)

As bad as he is....he is a hell of alot better than that American dude who had an rte xmas show......his name escapes me......I think it's Ed ..........Actually Des Bishop is the clown's name.....WOEFUL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Doesn't seem to be letting me register. I've three different email address, haven't received a reply to any of them. I can be first in line please if anyone decides the can't make it or doesn't want to go ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

have seen him live loads of times and loved him each time. He doesn't come across too well on tv shows in fairness. Hopefully I'll snag a few of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭rameire

Put my name down for 2 as well. Thanks OP!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

POKERKING wrote: »

I used 0000 and worked no hassles.

And thanks OP,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

'd go just to see Milton Jones. Funniest thing Jason Byrne said was his line in Father Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

madanall wrote: »
    As bad as he is....he is a hell of alot better than that American dude who had an rte xmas show......his name escapes me......I think it's Ed ..........Actually Des Bishop is the clown's name.....WOEFUL
    Bishop is bearable in small doses. Byrne is an idiot even his face is annoying to look at and thats without using his mouth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I'd rather see Bernard Cribbins play Hamlet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Wasnt really a fan of him on tv but saw him live and I was almost in tears.
    Dont diss it until you've been

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Caliden wrote: »
    Wasnt really a fan of him on tv but saw him live and I was almost in tears.
    Dont diss it until you've been

Totally agree, can't stand seeing him on talk shows or any of his comedy gigs shown on tv but having seen him live I gotta admit it was a great show. He's just about bearable on Anonymous as he's not the main focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i saw byrne and clicked quickly hoping for a grand bit of jean :(

Advertisement