Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Play-Pen: Midnight_EG

Options
  • 03-06-2011 9:35pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One day last year, when half the forum was getting ready for the World Cup Final and the other half was preparing to avoid it, one Dutchman slipped in under the radar and casually started chatting.

He made his own introduction with one photo of himself and two pictures of his teenage Honda Civic! :pac: Then he went back to spamming the Den, making himself the 15th highest poster in the off-topic chat thread.

You'd think that with 901 posts in the forum in 10 months we'd have heard enough from him, but not so! :p There's much more to the guy than his car and his fondness for chat. Over the next week we're going to meet the man behind the "H".

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you Midnight_EG!

This is the first Playpen thread we've had in a while. Let's make it a good one. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

1. Why did you join boards?
    2. Will you ever own a non-Honda car?
    3. Will you ever own a non-Jap car?
    4. When will you give me a go? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Favourite film?

Favourite musician or band?

Favourite tv programme?

Tea or coffee?

Favourite food?

Favourite drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

What do you want to be when you're grown up?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Most inspirational person you personally know?

Favourite place you've ever visited?

Black or yellow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Are you actually Dutch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

1. Why did you join boards?I joined because I came into a little trouble with the Gardaí and needed some information from the Motors forum!
    2. Will you ever own a non-Honda car?A Skyline will be in the books for me, so yes ;)
    3. Will you ever own a non-Jap car?At this rate, never!
    4. When will you give me a go? :P When you get your rally license, then you'll be able to drive it properly :P
    Favourite film?Robin Hood: Men In Tights, I'd watch it a million times and never get bored!

Favourite musician or band?3OH!3 before they became mainstream and Katy Perry ruined them! :mad: And of course, my everlasting love for deadmau5 Green.png

Favourite tv programme? Criminal Minds

Tea or coffee? Tea!

Favourite food? Chicken :P

Favourite drink? Fanta Exotic or Lucozade Sport
    Lawliet wrote: »
    What do you want to be when you're grown up? Ultimately I want to be a mechanic, but I'll see what happens along the way
    Most inspirational person you personally know? I don't really let any one person inspire me, because I want to be my own person, not modeled on somebody else!

Favourite place you've ever visited? Either skiing in Italy, or Australia...although I love Amsterdam and Haarlem thanks to heritage!

Black or yellow? Awful, awful hard choice for me to make...I love both, assuming they're Flamenco Black Pearl and Y-56 Phoenix Yellow :P
    Are you actually Dutch? I am indeed, born in Amsterdam, lived in Haarlem until I was nearly 7 then I was asked by my parents did I want to move here and I said yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Why is your car still rusty?

What is your ideal car? (It can't be a Honda, surely...)

Are you jealous that I have a Teg?

And the non car questions....:P

Best place you've ever been in?

Do you miss school?

Why is your car still rusty? My EK isn't rusty? :D

What is your ideal car? (It can't be a Honda, surely...) I'd love love love to K20 a Honda City Turbo II, but until then the Nur Spec R34 GT-R will always be my dream!

Are you jealous that I have a Teg? Funny times :pac:

And the non car questions....:P

Best place you've ever been in?Said above :D

Do you miss school? Not a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What does EG stand for?

If somebody said Honda was a shíte car, would you punch them in the nose, mouth, or crotch? (Can only pick one)

What's the difference between a nut and a bolt?

Orange juice or apple juice?

If you speak 2 languages fluently (if you can speak Dutch...), which one do you dream in?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Favourite C&H mod of all time? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Is it really a Type R?

jumpguy wrote: »
    What does EG stand for? EG is the chassis code of the 5th generation Civic, from 1992 to 1995

If somebody said Honda was a shíte car, would you punch them in the nose, mouth, or crotch? (Can only pick one) I get it every day, so nothing :P

What's the difference between a nut and a bolt? A nut goes onto a bolt to tighten something held on by the bolt!

Orange juice or apple juice? Apple Juice ftw :pac:

If you speak 2 languages fluently (if you can speak Dutch...), which one do you dream in? I speak fluent English and shite-talk, I dream in both

Niall09 wrote: »
    Is it really a Type R?

I've never claimed it was a Type R, it's an EK4 SiR and my other one is an EG3 DX! :D

Here's the EG

wheelstuckedson.jpg

img0623u.jpg

And here's the EK!

d4d7897.jpg

643777D0E5674535BEA2895B0729BF77-0000315821-0002143295-00800L-1AB9B231F8CB4DEABCAE179281A74882.jpg

Favourite C&H mod I HATE TO INTERRUPT YOU INSECT OVERLORD, BUT INSECT OVERLORD WAS THE GREATEST C&H MOD OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME! of all time? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thanked that because it's funny, and not for any other reason! :D

Favourite C&H thread?

I thanked that because it's funny, and not for any other reason! :D

Favourite C&H thread?

The super secret one that nobody but me can see obviously...if not, Feedback :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?

Best compliment you've ever received?

5 things you like about yourself?

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?

Any fears/phobias?

Any interest in politics?

Are you ticklish?

What do you do when you need cheering up?

Pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures?

Bottled water,yay or nay?

Proudest achievements?

Best "mistake" you've ever made?

What inspires you?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you dream in colour?

Can you dance?

Coke or pepsi?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Those are the same questions you asked me! I call shenanigans!

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given? It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, it's only what you think that matters

Best compliment you've ever received? That I treat a certain someone like a princess :D I'd much rather receive a compliment for things I've done rather than for what I am

5 things you like about yourself? I find it hard to like myself tbh :o

Languages you'd love to learn to speak? I'd absolutely love to learn Dutch again, and then Japanese too!

Any fears/phobias? Ehm...yes...:o sponges...:(

Any interest in politics? None at all...damn the Greens though!:P

Are you ticklish? Unfortunately :(

What do you do when you need cheering up? I go out for a drive on my own, at night if possible, wind down the window and just listen

Pet peeves? People who don't indicate :mad:

Guilty pleasures? 5800rpm and beyond :o

Bottled water,yay or nay? Yay, definite yay!

Proudest achievements? Carrying the coffin of my best mate is easily the one thing I'm most proud of, just because I received the honour of the family asking me to! :)

Best "mistake" you've ever made? A mistaken that leads to something good is never a mistake, just a blessing in disguise :D

What inspires you? Myself and only me, answered in the first set already :D

How would your friends describe you? Not well :P

Do you dream in colour? I dream in HD baby! :pac:

Can you dance? We can dance if we wanna, we can leave your friends behind, cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance...well then sit in the corner awkwardly because I can't dance eitherrrrr :P

Coke or pepsi? Coke from a bottle, Pepsi from a can...but Coke! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Why did you spell "KnifeWRENCH" incorrectly when asked who your favourite C&H mod of all time was?

Do you get down on Friday? And if so, which seat do you take?

Does one simply walk into Mordor?

I know nothing about cars and still haven't learned to drive - how uncool does that make me?

• Advertisement

Why did you spell "KnifeWRENCH" incorrectly when asked who your favourite C&H mod of all time was? I have this learning difficulty that makes me spell the best answer regardless of thoughts or opinion on the matter at hand :( :P

Do you get down on Friday? And if so, which seat do you take? On Fridays, I get down low, I drop it to the flo'...and sit in the drivers seat like a boss :cool:

Does one simply walk into Mordor? One does not simply walk into Mordor, one simply strolls and acts cool :pac:

I know nothing about cars and still haven't learned to drive - how uncool does that make me? On a scale of coolness, rated 1 to 10, you're a definite 10...stay classy KnifeDIEGO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Those are the same questions you asked me! I call shenanigans!

I ask everyone the same questions! :p

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Do you like to plan things or are you more impulsive?

I ask everyone the same questions! :p

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully around cars for a living!

Do you like to plan things or are you more impulsive? If I have a big amount, I budget and plan purchases...if I have a small amount I splash it on the first shiny thing that makes me go faster :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

When you say you fear sponges.....does that refer to

*sea sponges?
    *synthetic sponges you clean stuff with?
    *sponge cake?
    *people who sponge money off you?
    *or all of the above?

When you say you fear sponges.....does that refer to

*synthetic sponges you clean stuff with?

*shudder*

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

spongebob-standup.jpg

Does he scare you?

Nah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

How do Go Faster Stripes work? Are they as good as Speed Holes?

Do you have a favourite driving CD? What's on the tracklist, and what's your preferred volume and cruising speed for listening to it?

If that iconic scene from Psycho involved a sponge bath instead of a shower, would you have been more terrified by the stabbity-stab or the dabbity-dab?

How do Go Faster Stripes work? Are they as good as Speed Holes? They stick on in such a way that the aerodynamics of the car is rapidly altered, creating a vortex behind the car due to the sudden addition of drag from the stickers making the body wider! Speed holes are better because cold air cools the car down more, so it gets in more gaps! :D

May or may not be bollox tbf

Do you have a favourite driving CD? What's on the tracklist, and what's your preferred volume and cruising speed for listening to it? The only soundtrack I need is the rasp of a Honda and the crack of VTEC :D

If that iconic scene from Psycho involved a sponge bath instead of a shower, would you have been more terrified by the stabbity-stab or the dabbity-dab? Never seen it :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You really need to watch Psycho; it's brilliant!!

If money was no object, how many cars do you think you would own? :p And what sort?

Do you have any pets?

Do you prefer being too cold or too warm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement