Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Music Beta

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Any spare invites left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tamerbatar

hey !
    if someone has an invite to share, I'd be glad to use it !

prout.prout4242 (at) gmail dot com .

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Day 3: Still uploading! :D Just under half of 6,000ish songs.

Loving Google Music.

And after seeing iCloud's price plans today (not that I was going to use iCloud), it's seems even better.

Thanks again Spud for the invite.

I don't believe that this will be free of charge...but I'm wondering if for example Picasa storage could be used for music? I just bought 20gb for photos and I saw space available for google docs too so maybe it will allow to use it for music as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

iwo wrote: »
    I don't believe that this will be free of charge...but I'm wondering if for example Picasa storage could be used for music? I just bought 20gb for photos and I saw space available for google docs too so maybe it will allow to use it for music as well?
    Id say itll all be combined. Especially since Google+ means Picasa pictures under a certain resolution dont count towards your storage limit (which means I have 20gb empty atm :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

dulpit wrote: »
    Right, so I requested an invite using a proxy, did I only need to use the proxy to sign up and once I have invite I can use from anywhere? Or do I always need the proxy?

only at sign-up

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Id say itll all be combined. Especially since Google+ means Picasa pictures under a certain resolution dont count towards your storage limit (which means I have 20gb empty atm :pac:)

hmmm I got G+ on the phone set up to upload the photos and videos when put on charge and under wifi (good idea google) - all my photos and videos get uploaded over night :D:D

You are right, I dont see picasa getting full at all...it is at the same stage 0.38 GB and i have plenty of photos and videos on the server...maybe it will count everything when i get all the photos and videos uploaded? The process of uploading photos videos on pisaca and g+ and music on google music is very slow...few thousands of photos, few hours of videos and 4k mp3 files take a lot...I am very happy to see these tools but personally i would like to see ONE tool which would cover it all....at the moment there are:
    google+
    Google docs
    Picasa
    Google music
    gmial

one thing similar to itunes would be nice to see...i am sure google will come up with something as this is getting very messy now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

anyone else having issues making music available offline? Ive tried a rake of times to make an entire album available offline but it simply doesnt work, fails every time.

Ive tried over wifi, 3g and over a bunch of different wifi connections

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If anyone does have spare invites, I wouldn't say no... ;)

hmmm I got G+ on the phone set up to upload the photos and videos when put on charge and under wifi (good idea google) - all my photos and videos get uploaded over night :D:D

You are right, I dont see picasa getting full at all...it is at the same stage 0.38 GB and i have plenty of photos and videos on the server...maybe it will count everything when i get all the photos and videos uploaded? The process of uploading photos videos on pisaca and g+ and music on google music is very slow...few thousands of photos, few hours of videos and 4k mp3 files take a lot...I am very happy to see these tools but personally i would like to see ONE tool which would cover it all....at the moment there are:
    google+
    Google docs
    Picasa
    Google music
    gmial

one thing similar to itunes would be nice to see...i am sure google will come up with something as this is getting very messy now
    If you think about it thats what Google+ is going to be when everythings live.
    Go into Google+ and look at the bar across the top. Profile, Mail, Office, Calendar, RSS, with Picasa(which I think is becoming Google Pictures) and Music will be added. Google will be your iTunes with everything in the cloud

Mega Chin wrote: »

google+
    Google docs
    Picasa
    Google music
    gmial

If you think about it thats what Google+ is going to be when everythings live.
    Go into Google+ and look at the bar across the top. Profile, Mail, Office, Calendar, RSS, with Picasa(which I think is becoming Google Pictures) and Music will be added. Google will be your iTunes with everything in the cloud

What about some desktop tool for communication with server/ hdd scanning for files/etc? Do u think what this will not be required? I found Picasa desktop very useful as a.example... Hmmm it will be interesting to see next innovations ;)

• Advertisement

What about some desktop tool for communication with server/ hdd scanning for files/etc? Do u think what this will not be required? I found Picasa desktop very useful as a.example... Hmmm it will be interesting to see next innovations ;)
    Id say theyll be coming but itll be more like the way Music Manager is then the full Picasa app (which I do love). Google wants everything in the cloud where they can advertise more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

101001 wrote: »
    anyone else having issues making music available offline? Ive tried a rake of times to make an entire album available offline but it simply doesnt work, fails every time.

Ive tried over wifi, 3g and over a bunch of different wifi connections

Been doing it for a few weeks no probs, is it possibly running in the background? it doesnt show any progress when downloading it from what i remember, just gives you a popup notification when it finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Hecklar wrote: »
    Been doing it for a few weeks no probs, is it possibly running in the background? it doesnt show any progress when downloading it from what i remember, just gives you a popup notification when it finishes.

It does show notification when downloading but it just isnt. It also tells me that it fails, its weird can for the life of me figure out the problem. Streaming the music killed my monthly quota

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

Any chance of an invite going around? I've signed up via the website but I'd really love to get cracking on this asap. My gmail address is jamiefcostello, would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

alkev wrote: »
    Any chance of an invite going around? I've signed up via the website but I'd really love to get cracking on this asap. My gmail address is jamiefcostello, would be greatly appreciated

Sent, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Sent, enjoy :)

I'm up and running, thanks very much for the help! Service seems fantastic so far, and beautifully timed with Three now giving it's prepay customers unlimited internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Awaiting my invite request but if anyone has invites they can send from their account that'd be great! I'll PM my Gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

foto joe wrote: »
    Awaiting my invite request but if anyone has invites they can send from their account that'd be great! I'll PM my Gmail.

PM sent :)

Thanks to this thread I'm up and running with Google Music, and it works a dream. Thanks to lousy Eircom, I'm only 1885 songs through the 8150 on my laptop, after a few days, but I'm getting there...

I have a few invites on my account, PM me with email address if you'd like one...

Edit: All gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 taxlawgeek

Any extra Google Music invites out there?

I have a large-ish collection of live recordings from CBGBs in New York and I'd like to get these onto the cloud.

If you have an extra invite, my gmail (Google Apps) account is marion@keyes.org.

Thanks in advance,

Marion

• Advertisement

Hey, gave out my 4 invites, so none left here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

dulpit wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I'm up and running with Google Music, and it works a dream. Thanks to lousy Eircom, I'm only 1885 songs through the 8150 on my laptop, after a few days, but I'm getting there...

I have a few invites on my account, PM me with email address if you'd like one...

Edit: All gone now.
    Thanks very much Dulpit. Uploading 9,000 songs now and about 500 into it. Will I get invites to hand out or how does it work? Will there be a charge attached to this at some stage?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Will there be a charge attached to this at some stage?

Hopefully not, if there is I'll probably stop using it. No one knows just yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Biffoland

How do you add an APK file to your phone. Does it go into a specific folder? I'm on an unrooted Galaxy S2.

Biffoland wrote: »
    How do you add an APK file to your phone. Does it go into a specific folder? I'm on an unrooted Galaxy S2.
    You install it. Put it onto your SD card and use a file browser to select and install it (make sure you have Unknown Sources checked in the Applications menu in Settings)

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Thanks very much Dulpit. Uploading 9,000 songs now and about 500 into it. Will I get invites to hand out or how does it work?

I can't remember whether the invites appeared immediately or after a day or 2, just check the website and it's in the top left bar.

As for Google Music, it's the business, so handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Any spare invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Aye same as, if there's any good samaritan who'd like to push an invite my way, I'd appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I have two invites, first two PMs with their email address gets them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

invites are gone.

Advertisement