Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hours per week

Options
  • 02-06-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,803 ✭✭✭✭

i work in a part time job,(mim wage pay) its different hours per week, i got 18.5 last week and have 14 this week. Last week there were 18 of us on the roster but starting next thursday are 6 new workers for the summer.

I just worry are the workers that were working there longer such as myself going to have our hours slashed because of these new workers coming in for the summer. With a roster of 24 people all looking for hours over the summer how are they going to do it.

With the schools off over the summer maybe they might put say 5 people on the day shifts and 5 people on the night shifts

I fear they could chose the new workers to work because they could charge them the new mim wage 7.65 (cheaper for them to work).

Advertisement