Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any luck with Nytol??

Options
  • 01-06-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

As title says did anyone ever have any luck with it??? I sleeping terrible lately and want something short term to help me sleep, or something handy that i can get in the pharmacy or on the net... Seems to be the best stuff you can order off the net...

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I actually couldnt find any Nytol here in Ireland, but I only tried small local chemists for it.

From what I can tell all it contains is paracetamol & diphenhydramine.

Having tried the prescription drugs I had prescribed for my insomnia over a number of years , Flurazepam, Zopiclone, Zolpidem & Mirtazapine. Panadol Night the only product in my local chemist that contained diphenhydramine worked better as a short term solution for getting to sleep. It does not leave you with as many hangover effects as the prescription pills do. But you would want a bit of a tolerance to the stuff because a tolerance for it can build up very fast (which is why its only good for short term use.)
    I would say any product containing Diphenhydramine is good in the short term. (taking no more than 50-100mg of the stuff at a time.)
    But if you suffer from long term insomnia you'd be better off going to see your local doctor about it.

So in summary...

Short Term = Very good
    Long Term = Not so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Raindropper

Why not try something herbal like lanes kalms sleep tabs

Advertisement