Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Pup Wanted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

I'd love to be getting another Staffy puppy, or two (or three!).

I adore the breed.

Egar have a few more young ones in rescue if you are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

OP, my volunteer has been trying to reach you several times today to organise the HV. Could you please get back to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Egar have a few more young ones in rescue if you are interested?

I have two, and honestly I'd house a dozen more if I could but I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Love the new avatar - couldn't squeeze the other fella in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What about one more - the sweetest little man you could meet. ;)

picture.php?albumid=1605&pictureid=9215

Say no to that gorgeous face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

EGAR wrote: »
    OP, my volunteer has been trying to reach you several times today to organise the HV. Could you please get back to her?
    Your volunteer must be ringing the wrong number as ive had no missed calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Oh lord!! What a face!! Have to go round the house look at everything that's been destroyed and remind myself why 2 plus the odd little foster is plenty of doggies for me!! Plus I don't think a super king bed would fit in my bedroom so where would the OH sleep?!?

Had the home visit yesterday, fingers crossed all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Lovely dogs. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

2qk4u wrote: »
    Had the home visit yesterday, fingers crossed all is well.

As long as you swept up all the broken glass and hid the dog fighting ring you should be grand.

• Advertisement

Any news for me EGAR ? I rang you a couple of times yesterday and today aswell and no answer.

Another day gone and still no contact.

so any word?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    so any word?

Nope, had the home visit on Sunday and no contact since.

Hmmm. hopefully they get back to you soon as its not really nice just leaving you hanging like this whether they want to give you the dog or not.

Hmmm. hopefully they get back to you soon as its not really nice just leaving you hanging like this whether they want to give you the dog or not.
    Its not nice at all, still no contact. Ive waited 10 days now and the home visit was 5 days ago. Just not good enough. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Its not nice at all, still no contact. I've waited 10 days now and the home visit was 5 days ago. Just not good enough. Very disappointed.

You are aware that rescues operate purely from the goodness of the hearts of their volunteers right? :confused: Volunteers that might just have to live their own life every day as well, go to work, look after their own animals and family and find the time to look after the rescues currently in their care and raise funds so they can carry on the work they do. Seriously get a grip, it's 5 days, if you tried to get a pup from a reputable breeder you'd be on a waiting list for years.

Patience grasshopper :rolleyes:

You are aware that rescues operate purely from the goodness of the hearts of their volunteers right? :confused: Volunteers that might just have to live their own life every day as well, go to work, look after their own animals and family and find the time to look after the rescues currently in their care and raise funds so they can carry on the work they do. Seriously get a grip, it's 5 days, if you tried to get a pup from a reputable breeder you'd be on a waiting list for years.

Regardless of what they are doing it would be common courtesy to answer the phone, send a text message or make a call to someone willing to rehome a dog that is on the other side of the country. Its only takes a minute.

Regardless of what they are doing it would be common courtesy to answer the phone, send a text message or make a call to someone willing to rehome a dog that is on the other side of the country. Its only takes a minute.

I'm afraid rescues probably aren't too bothered about 'customer service', they don't exist to make a profit or supply demand. What they have done is consider you for looking after one of their charges for the rest of its life. Careful consideration will be given to whether it's the right situation for that particular dog or not. You wouldn't expect to be allowed to adopt a child without careful consideration so why a pup be that much different.

On a side note...

I have to say that some of the requirements for rehoming dogs from some rescues are almost impossible to meet for a lot of dog loving people - also Rescues charge quite a bit of money for rehoming(nothing wrong ith this) but sometimes it costs just slighly less than what a puppy farmer would charge - I can see now why donedeal and Gumtree do so well and its because rescues are very intimidating for your avarage household !

Also heres a beautiful pitbull pup from a rescue closer to you- the DSPCA - http://www.dspca.ie/cat_animals_need_homes_detail.jsp?itemID=1909&n=149&p=105

I've fostered dogs for a rescue outside dublin so be careful with the wording - a shy dog is going to need a lot of work from an experience dog owner.

Also a few stafs in the DogsTrust

http://www.dogstrust.ie/dogs-for-rehoming/?nggpage=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Its not nice at all, still no contact. Ive waited 10 days now and the home visit was 5 days ago. Just not good enough. Very disappointed.
    I dont blame you.

Am i reading this right??AJ this person is willing and presumably able to adopt a dog, got the Home Visit....and STILL hasnt heard anything almost a week later!! Am i reading this thread right?!!
    I'm afraid rescues probably aren't too bothered about 'customer service', they don't exist to make a profit or supply demand. What they have done is consider you for looking after one of their charges for the rest of its life. Careful consideration will be given to whether it's the right situation for that particular dog or not. You wouldn't expect to be allowed to adopt a child without careful consideration so why a pup be that much different.
    :confused::confused: Im reeeeally confused here.

I'm really disappointed to hear of this happening to you and the dog.

Not good, not good at all.. I can only imagine your disappointment.

Hopefully its resolved soon.

anniehoo wrote: »
    I dont blame you.

Am i reading this right??AJ this person is willing and presumably able to adopt a dog, got the Home Visit....and STILL hasnt heard anything almost a week later!! Am i reading this thread right?!!

:confused::confused: Im reeeeally confused here.

The thing is, we don't know the OP or the dog, we don't know what else the volunteer has going on in their life, they may well have valid reasons that they haven't got back to the OP yet. I would have imagined this fairly standard procedure for adopting from a rescue no? I have nothing to do with the rescue and I found the publicly posted nagging comments extremely irritating, it's the exact same 'I want it now' childish attitude that people have toward pets that has so many dogs in rescues in the first place no? :confused:

The thing is, we don't know the OP or the dog, we don't know what else the volunteer has going on in their life, they may well have valid reasons that they haven't got back to the OP yet. I would have imagined this fairly standard procedure for adopting from a rescue no? I have nothing to do with the rescue and I found the publicly posted nagging comments extremely irritating, it's the exact same 'I want it now' childish attitude that people have toward pets that has so many dogs in rescues in the first place no? :confused:

This is the answer to that..

Its bloody common courtesy to answer a phone, send a text and return a missed call.

How many days has it been now?... And remind me whats a dogs life span in Ashtown Pound again?.

OP, there are other dogs in need of urgent rehoming in pounds all round the country - worth considering?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Hi guys, can anyone help??????
    This is Buddy. He is a year old lab x staff. He is an absolute treasure. He is well house trained and is super smart, he can learn new tricks in no time. He is really friendly and is great with children and other dogs. He has lots of energy and would be great at agility classes.
    He is neutered
    It honestly breaks her heart to let him go but in his own best interest that she has too.
    If there is anyone interest please pm on facebook or contact the Geraldine Kennedy Hunt GSPCA.

This guy is looking for a new home thru GSPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

This is the answer to that..

Its bloody common courtesy to answer a phone, send a text and return a missed call.

How many days has it been now?... And remind me whats a dogs life span in Ashtown Pound again?.

OP, there are other dogs in need of urgent rehoming in pounds all round the country - worth considering?.

What has that got to do with this?

Please just remember that we are only hearing one side of this before people go jumping to conclusions and getting annoyed.

ISDW wrote: »
    What has that got to do with this?

Please just remember that we are only hearing one side of this before people go jumping to conclusions and getting annoyed.

2qk4u is deffinetly coming across as a bit whiny and in-patient but then again who wouldnt if they were waiting for a new puppy -

Also have to agree 100% with Makikomi, apparently Rescues number one priority is too rehome dogs so you'd think they'd put a little bit of focus on it - I know people are very busy but a simple text saying "we're still considering you and will get back to you next week" or "We dont think you're a suitable owner" just to let the OP know where he stands!

We havent heard the otherside and we dont know what the OP is like and we dont know how the home visit went but a simple reply would only take a second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

2qk4u is deffinetly coming across as a bit whiny and in-patient but then again who wouldnt if they were waiting for a new puppy -

Also have to agree 100% with Makikomi, apparently Rescues number one priority is too rehome dogs so you'd think they'd put a little bit of focus on it - I know people are very busy but a simple text saying "we're still considering you and will get back to you next week" or "We dont think you're a suitable owner" just to let the OP know where he stands!

We havent heard the otherside and we dont know what the OP is like and we dont know how the home visit went but a simple reply would only take a second!

All I'm saying is, we don't know if they've had a reply or not.

I'd disagree with the number one priority of rescues being to rehome dogs. The number one priority is to rehome dogs appropriately, just getting them in and getting them out isn't the sign of a good rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

dont think EGAR has bein on here for a few days so anything could be going on in her personal life .im sure their is a good reason that EGAR has not returned your callsbest just to leave a message and im sure they will get back to you in their own time. a couple more days wont kill ya;)
    remember this is not a dog pound im sure they want to make sure that the dogs next home is their last home

• Advertisement

To the people defending EGAR and rescue centers and dog pounds ect, I have no doubt that the work they do is very time consuming and I admire anyone involved weather they are staff or volunteers. I know things dont just happen overnight. I also dont think its unreasonable to expect some kind of contact after a home visit. And the reason I posted it here is because this is where I was offered the dog in the first place.

Its exactly one week since the home visit and still no contact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement