Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saveonlaptops.co.uk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cap1920

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

im having problems with them i was told to ring them because my address was wrong but every time i try to ring them im just wait for someone to answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

im having problems with them i was told to ring them because my address was wrong but every time i try to ring them im just wait for someone to answer the phone.

Yes it took me about 5-7 minutes waiting time to get someone on the phone. Once I did it was resolved in under a minute. Recieved the order 2 days later. Excellent delivery, theres no doubt. If you can get past the initial hurdle of their phone sales.

machalla wrote: »

Yes it took me about 5-7 minutes waiting time to get someone on the phone. Once I did it was resolved in under a minute. Recieved the order 2 days later. Excellent delivery, theres no doubt. If you can get past the initial hurdle of their phone sales.

I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone so i rang box.co.uk which is the same company and they sorted it out for me they said i will get my laptop on the 1st of september .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

They were off line last night "back in a few minutes" still down this morning, Are they having problems.
    I was going to order but think I will hold off for a while.

• Advertisement

No1J wrote: »
    They were off line last night "back in a few minutes" still down this morning, Are they having problems.
    I was going to order but think I will hold off for a while.

Order from box.co.uk they are the same company and ten times better

Order from box.co.uk they are the same company and ten times better

Thank's seantobin43
    had a quick look and the site looks very similar, how are they better, faster delivery, prices?

Box supply the laptops to saveonlaptop. Box are the same really , same delivery company but box are great to answer the phone . If you made an account on saveonlaptop you also make an acoount for box at the same time. If i was going to buy another laptop i would go for box.co.uk. I rang box to complain about saveonlaptops and within an hour box closed down saveonlaptops site . Maybe saveonlaptop had a problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Can anyone give me a good number to ring for this crowd?? I keep ringing and not getting anywhere but beep---beep----beep...like someones hung up on me!!
    Paypal address unconfirmed ect. This is annoying me now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

0044 - 121 20 200 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I have used saveonlaptops serveral times as i repair and sell computers. I have found them the worst in the world to deal with on the phone. Because i have to order without the VAT i need to ring in my order as they do not answer emails and the web form is a waste of space. I have had to call on many occasions just to get my order processed. If there is a problem with the order they will not send an email and then they will lie about doing so.

Last week I had to order a sony. Because i had bought several laptops this month, I had maxed out my business visa and had decided to use my personal debit card. I rang them and told them to put the sony on my account and I would pay for it immediately. I went online and paid. That was on the Tuesday. Usually i would have the laptop by Thursday. I had promised delivery on Friday to my customer. I rang my customer friday evening and made arrangements to deliver on the following Wednesday. I tried to call save on laptops on Monday and couldn't get through. I spend over an hour that day on hold. Tuesday I got one of my staff to call and they were told that there was a problem with some of the Irish debt cards, that they couldn't accept them, even though they had taken the money from my account. I had them cancel the order. In order not to lose the client, i had to pay full retail price at a sony centre.

They're quite good, if you are doing a straightforward internet transaction. but if you have to call them for anything then you're in trouble. I have only come across one person in there (paul) who seems to be able to work the computer system and know what's going on.

Here's a question about this crowd...Is it possible to change an order after you purchase? Like changing the laptop to another of the same price before its shipped?
    I emailed them today through there contact form and am hoping it reaches them before they send the original laptop! Is it possible they will comply?

chiloutus wrote: »
    Here's a question about this crowd...Is it possible to change an order after you purchase? Like changing the laptop to another of the same price before its shipped?
    I emailed them today through there contact form and am hoping it reaches them before they send the original laptop! Is it possible they will comply?
    I would be calling them at 10Am tomorrow, you could try sending an email to sales@saveonlqptops.co.uk

if you have any problems box.co.uk will do it for you if you say that you cant contact saveonlaptops . Here is boxs number 0040 121 20 200 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I would be calling them at 10Am tomorrow, you could try sending an email to sales@saveonlqptops.co.uk

Ordered laptop at lunchtime. Had to ring to confirm Irish address. Got email that laptop was dispatched within 90minutes of placing the order. Very efficient so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Heres what happened to me, ordered from them twice before and paid using paypal and both orders were cancelled by the company and full amount refunded. So i sent them an email asking what the story was and they replied saying they had general verification issues with non uk paypal accounts and they recommended that if i ordered in future to pay by credit card....

Then i put in an order on 27th august and paid by credit card. The amount charged to my credit card was €535.59 (appeared on my statement 29th August). Also on 29th August I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and to call the sales line

I tried to call the line but ended up on hold until my credit ran out so i sent an email referencing my order number etc and asking what the problem was...

31st August got the same automated email from them (ignoring the details of my email) asking me to ring the number again. Rang the number again and was on hold again for twenty minutes (i really couldnt afford it so had to hang up) so sent another email to them which they ignored and sent back the same automated email on sept 1st....

I was away for weekend and just back to this today.....checked my credit card online today and saveonlaptops refunded an amount of €521.05 to my credit card! This is €14.54 less than i was charged in the first place!....Just sent them another email about all this.....

Do i have any comeback re the difference in money?? any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

bbam wrote: »
    Ordered laptop at lunchtime. Had to ring to confirm Irish address. Got email that laptop was dispatched within 90minutes of placing the order. Very efficient so far.

Very happy camper here...
    Laptop has arrived and being setup..

48 hours from placing order
    Sweet:D

bbam wrote: »
    Very happy camper here...
    Laptop has arrived and being setup..

48 hours from placing order
    Sweet:D

What did you go for, anything nice.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not going well with these guys.

Order last Friday, told would have it by Wed. I got their offer emails but nothing about the order. Checked my account and money gone out and the order sat at picked and paid.

Rang them Tuesday was told I was sent 4 emails about it, but got nothing. Laptop was out of stock and wouldn't be in until the Friday week.
    I picked another and paid up on Tuesday, same thing has happened again, the laptop out of stock, no email or contact from them about it, I chanced a call this morning to check status.

Not impressed!

I had the problem of being short changed on my refund of an out of stock laptop. I spoke to one of my customers, who works in a bank, and they told me it was the currency exchange rate difference between buying and selling.

I am finding in general that September is a bad month for buying laptops. Prices in general have gone up by €20 - €30 across the board. I am putting this down to the fact that there are a lot of students buying equipment for school/college.

I was PC world last week and was shocked at 1) the lack of stock on the shelves and 2) the amount of people standing around waiting on service to by the last remaining, extremely overpriced notebooks.

I'm asking any customers of mine to hold off until October if they don't need a new computer right away.

• Advertisement

I had the problem of being short changed on my refund of an out of stock laptop. I spoke to one of my customers, who works in a bank, and they told me it was the currency exchange rate difference between buying and selling.

Thats what happened in my case too. Really frustrating when you add on the cost of the phone calls (put on hold) to the UK number. Effectively bout 25 quid out of pocket for nothing. I emailed them and even sent them screenshot of credit card statement (highlighting the difference in original charge and refund) and thought they may offer a discount or voucher to counteract the loss ...but nothing. The irony is this is the third time Ive tried to buy from them but it never worked. I really wanted to deal with them but never going to look at them again and telling everyone l i know bout my experience with them, so they dont get caught too.....

It really grinds my gears:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Wan't to order this laptop but the signup process is a bit confusing.
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1068071.html

When ordering I assume you pick UK non mainland?

megaten wrote: »
    Wan't to order this laptop but the signup process is a bit confusing.
    http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750G_1068071.html

When ordering I assume you pick UK non mainland?

yep, pick non uk mainland.......dont pay by paypal
    .....watch your emails carefully over next few days, you may have to ring them up to verify your info (if you can get through that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

jmorrisey wrote: »
    yep, pick non uk mainland.......dont pay by paypal
    .....watch your emails carefully over next few days, you may have to ring them up to verify your info (if you can get through that is)

Yeah, I got a text this morning from them to ring them up. Laptop should be arriving Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 43 0Default0

Just ordered an MSI GX660R a few minutes ago,

Got the usual order problem, rang them up 2 minutes before closing time, got through in under a minute and was resolved in less then that time. Maybe I just got lucky with my timing but the guy on the phone was extremely helpful.

Hopefully here by thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Thinking of Buying a laptop off this company.Would i be better using these or Box.co.uk as mentioned by another Poster?

Also was looking at a samsung which gives you £50 cash back.Any one ever have any success with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Thinking of Buying a laptop off this company.Would i be better using these or Box.co.uk as mentioned by another Poster?

Also was looking at a samsung which gives you £50 cash back.Any one ever have any success with this?
    Apart from saveonlaptops letting the phone ring out, I don't think there's any difference.

As for the Cash back, you'll just have to read the terms and conditions to see if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

bought a thinkpad edge from them recently. very prompt shipping i have to say but you need to call them to verify your credit card is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

What is the phone number for saveonlaptops if you are calling from Ireland because I cant get through to them.

• Advertisement

maamom wrote: »
    What is the phone number for saveonlaptops if you are calling from Ireland because I cant get through to them.

This is the number
    00 44 121 20 200 50

Advertisement