Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    Really ? Not some bogey yoke off alixpress ?
    Never knew multicarts fetched any money aside from the neogeo ones.

They don't.
    I've never seen a multicart worth getting, and all I've seen for the Famicom are no different, and the fact they typically have only a handful of games and the rest hacks of same make them worse than trash.
    However,
    I own this one, or one that looks the same, and it's a pretty great compilation of Famicom titles.
    As I said, it works just fine on my original Famicom, with a great range of games there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a good thing they are rare ga... oh wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

But what if I want the Sega goodness on my ps3 at a bargain price....he has that sorted too

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/40-sega-mega-drive-classics/9182740?touch_off

• Advertisement

Jack, he originally had that up for €75

Fecking economy... When a man can't get 75 euro for a used ps3 game that was originally 30 quid cheaper than that is it a true sign of dark times

Have you seen his profile pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

stand up citizen :)
    His withdrawn section is all the same 5 or 6 items priced down from even more ridiculous prices.

It gets better if you look back a few weeks

http://www.adverts.ie/games/f1-manager-pc/8961805

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BGOllie wrote: »

Actually brings back fond memories, I had that poster on my wall and it lists every early PAL release on the SNES at the time. I'd gaze at it dreaming about what SNES games I'd get not knowing that I wouldn't own a SNES until after 2000 :'(

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/bar-top-arcade-machine-for-sale/9015876

Not sure if this is Dreamer territory, it's a bartop for €500, with LCD and a 60in1 under the hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/bar-top-arcade-machine-for-sale/9015876

Not sure if this is Dreamer territory, it's a bartop for €500, with LCD and a 60in1 under the hood.

Irrespective of the price, he makes these to sell. I hope he changes the angle of the cp on future models, all I see is

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk5P4mF2EBPV9fHQPuyUEL2lwRim46aGrTNPqWBl0PQRocYzf5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That cocktail went for €800 after.
    http://www.adverts.ie/9156692

eddhorse wrote: »
    That cocktail went for €800 after.
    http://www.adverts.ie/9156692

A bit suspicious, a person who has never placed an offer before, never even commented on something before, someone who only joined yesterday, up and offers the asking on something that was indicated to be overpriced by a previous commenter.
    http://www.adverts.ie/member/1510102
    I reckon there's something more than off about it tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

"To buy new €3500" hahaha ffs.

• Advertisement

Well it says Capcom on the screen, must be a proper machine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually brings back fond memories, I had that poster on my wall and it lists every early PAL release on the SNES at the time. I'd gaze at it dreaming about what SNES games I'd get not knowing that I wouldn't own a SNES until after 2000 :'(
    Exact same for me, any clue where it came from originally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thargor wrote: »
    Exact same for me, any clue where it came from originally?

Not got a clue, my dad just gave it to me some day. It might have come in a newspaper... I think.

I used to have an amazing Wolfenstein 3D poster as well. It was for the megadrive version that never got released and came with an issue of Sega Power. Had the Wolfenstein logo and a zombie Nazi above it, loved the crap out of it. Wolfenstein was previewed in the issue and it must have been around 1994 because the back of the poster had a world cup 94 chart and was a poster for the official world cup 94 game that was reviewed that issue. I'd love to get my hands on it again.

I had posters on my wall from games that featured on the Spectrum.
    Indeed, the introduction of the Gutenberg press really brightened things up in my hovel....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not got a clue, my dad just gave it to me some day. It might have come in a newspaper... I think.

I used to have an amazing Wolfenstein 3D poster as well. It was for the megadrive version that never got released and came with an issue of Sega Power. Had the Wolfenstein logo and a zombie Nazi above it, loved the crap out of it. Wolfenstein was previewed in the issue and it must have been around 1994 because the back of the poster had a world cup 94 chart and was a poster for the official world cup 94 game that was reviewed that issue. I'd love to get my hands on it again.

I remember that poster, think myself or my bro had it back then.
    No decent scans of it online unfortunately.

6uxMG4C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

"all street fighters "

lovely, I needed a cab to play EX3 on.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I remember that poster, think myself or my bro had it back then.
    No decent scans of it online unfortunately.

Thanks, not as cool as I remember it to be but that's the first I've seen of it in years of searching!

A real chancer here,
    He put a series of 3DS games, and good ones at that, up for sale at the rock bottom price of €60, before it being pointed out that they won't run on a PAL 3DS, as they are NTSC. link
    But, our intrepid seller didn't let that deter them, just making a new ad the next day, this time for €50, and acting like he didn't know what I was talking about when I pointed out the region the games were link

He has since modified the title to include the region of the games and, if you have a US 3DS, it's quite a good bargain.

In his defence, he did suggest buyers could test the games before paying, but that's no help if you do it all by post, and end up with a bunch of games you can't play :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A real chancer here,
    He put a series of 3DS games, and good ones at that, up for sale at the rock bottom price of €60, before it being pointed out that they won't run on a PAL 3DS, as they are NTSC. link
    But, our intrepid seller didn't let that deter them, just making a new ad the next day, this time for €50, and acting like he didn't know what I was talking about when I pointed out the region the games were link

He has since modified the title to include the region of the games and, if you have a US 3DS, it's quite a good bargain.

In his defence, he did suggest buyers could test the games before paying, but that's no help if you do it all by post, and end up with a bunch of games you can't play :(

Had the feeling this was too good to be true alright! Thanks for pointing this out on the ad, saved me wasting my time tomorrow!

Advertisement