Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've seen worse sketches sell for more at eirtakon and all the rest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He traced it from a magazine or print out and coloured it in for globs sake!
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was an original piece of art but it's just this picture reproduced in markers!!

Mario4.png

NmFmOGJkYzZiMzIwMmRhMGU2YzZlMzZkN2NlYzZjOTBlA3G4BNOddTtjYPg_bQywaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzk4YjhiMzJlYjE0NjQ4NzU0Zjg2YzQ3MDEyMDQxODkwMDU1NjMwMzI3Njk4NWUxMjgwZmUyOGQ1YmEwOTY2ZC5qcGd8NzAwfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

If that's all it takes to make a few bob on Adverts the world must be filled with dumber people than I thought, and I thought most of them were pretty thick to begin with.

lol, I have in my head thats its an entrepreneurial kid or something because I dont want to think about the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He traced it from a magazine or print out and coloured it in for globs sake!
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was an original piece of art but it's just this picture reproduced in markers!!

Mario4.png

NmFmOGJkYzZiMzIwMmRhMGU2YzZlMzZkN2NlYzZjOTBlA3G4BNOddTtjYPg_bQywaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzk4YjhiMzJlYjE0NjQ4NzU0Zjg2YzQ3MDEyMDQxODkwMDU1NjMwMzI3Njk4NWUxMjgwZmUyOGQ1YmEwOTY2ZC5qcGd8NzAwfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

If that's all it takes to make a few bob on Adverts the world must be filled with dumber people than I thought, and I thought most of them were pretty thick to begin with.

A trace job makes it less appealing alright i guess.

Have you ever tried using your skills on retro stuff btw?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've tried a water colour of a Colossus once but, ultimately, it was just a hollow copy of another persons art, so won't be doing that again!

Might do something some day, certainly there's some talented folk out there, women and men who produce wonderful work, but I'm more a landscape/seascape kinda guy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I always felt the same, I don't like copying other's artwork and found that any time I tried to do anything game related, that's just how it turned out. A copy.

It's hard to do something original with designs and characters which are so well known to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

about art, a while back I started looking at concept art tutorials from Feng Zhu : http://fengzhudesign.com/tutorials.htm and some other concept art books .
    These are all for digital art methods but I applied them to traditional acrylics & canvas and it's quite amazing. I would argue you don't even need to know how to draw. It's pretty free flowing and relies on building layers of paint to start suggesting motives.
    I didn't have an idea for each piece so it was done without knowing what I was going to draw at the end.

999232_10151770126561268_701500044_n.jpg

At the same time, there are some interesting things done with the likes of Samus and her adventures.
    Her form is less canon than the rest of the Nintendo pantheon, and so more might be done.
    Certainly her adventures leave ample room for someone with the talent to produce something that is more than a pastiche or mere homage.
    I just don't have the balls for such work!
    Maybe some day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/rare-classic-arcade-machine/7439636

apparently this was made in the 70s, before Pacman was even invented :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/rare-classic-arcade-machine/7439636

apparently this was made in the 70s, before Pacman was even invented :pac:

I have one of those.
    I think it was sold, one christmas, by Marks and Spencer or Debenhams, and it was around 9.99 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I have one of those.
    I think it was sold, one christmas, by Marks and Spencer or Debenhams, and it was around 9.99 or so.

Was it 2008/09?
    That's when I got one(or a very similar version).

I just pointed it out to the gentleman selling it and he confirmed it was the very same device and offered to sell it to me for the discounted price of €50....

I already have one.

It's sh1te.

So, I may leave it.

This is worse than a CDi, and that's really saying something.

lol, he accidentally marked it as sold instead of withdrawn.
    would love to be there to see his reaction when getting hit with a €2 success fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

airmax87 wrote: »

Jesus ill have to rethink my pricing if this is overpriced,or ill find myself in here lol

the problem with bartops is that you'll never get back what you put in it in parts

the problem with bartops is that you'll never get back what you put in it in parts

Think that's true of most things

Welcome to crazy town,
    Where you can buy a bartop for the knockdown price of €900!
    Stickers included!

http://www.adverts.ie/7478518

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Welcome to crazy town,
    Where you can buy a bartop for the knockdown price of €900!
    Stickers included!

http://www.adverts.ie/7478518

What's even crazier is someone's offering €700 and he's refused it!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Does that thing have a Union Flag balltop? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How much should it be worth out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

cloud493 wrote: »

€100/150 tops? It's basically a wooden box that holds a dell monitor, a pc, & some controls. You can't charge for the time & effort these things take to build, it doesn't work that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Doesn't even have a PC :( Using a multi-in-1 cart with VGA output.

Myrddin wrote: »
    €100/150 tops? It's basically a wooden box that holds a dell monitor, a pc, & some controls. You can't charge for the time & effort these things take to build, it doesn't work that way :)

Apparently this seller would disagree,
    And he/she figures their time is worth quite a bit.
    Bit mad to price it at that.
    For €900, with patience, you'd buy three working upright cabs.
    So, for the same money as this bartop you could have
    a Mame machine...
    450px-Idc-silverline-001.jpg
    and convert another into a Tate Mame cab,
    IMG_1038.jpg
    And the last into a dedicated cab for your favourite title
    IMG_20120516_155118.jpg

All for the same money as the bartop in that there ad, just with a little effort on the part of the buyer to effect the changes and modifications, but doable.

cloud493 wrote: »

This plus wood and stickers

This plus wood and stickers

Wow, nice package!

Wow, nice package!
    Thanks
    :P
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Does that thing have a Union Flag balltop? :confused:

That's the first thing I noticed too:eek:

You guys have me running for cover I've lowered the price on mine lol