Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY Garage opening in Tallaght

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

I swear bud de ramp came down on me head and me friend seen it so he did, i can't work no more, I'm getting dese awful headaches, I'm gonna have to speak to my solicitor bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Any idea if they'd have a problem with you going in to waxoil/dinitrol the motor. Ramp would be handy, but it might get messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Saw mental tutorial by a bloke who waxoiled his Toyota Amazon by hoisting it at one end with his tractor :eek: Scary stuff.

Pics since removed I was annoyed to just find out after searching for some time :mad:

(edit: - FFS lads - 08:15 and I am responsible for 4/6 top thread replies. Where is everyone :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

LOL

Go ahead and post a link to that article. I waxoyled and POR-15'd my XK8 a few weeks ago. The car was fine, the ground was (and still is :-/ ) an utter mess. Not sure how the garage would deal with you doing that on their nice floor

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

kkelly77 wrote: »
    They do have sockets and wrenches :)

I would hope they had a lot more than "sockets and wrenches"....Pullers, stocks, dies, stud extractors,pry bars, injector pullers...etc...???

If i want to do a timing belt change will they have the crank locating pins..??

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tinyjiney wrote: »
    I would hope they had a lot more than "sockets and wrenches"....Pullers, stocks, dies, stud extractors,pry bars, injector pullers...etc...???

If i want to do a timing belt change will they have the crank locating pins..??

:)

I wonder what type of return springs he has on all his tools. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

I used this place last weekend and I have to say they are most helpfull
    they operate the lift and if their is a problem they will try to find an answer for you while not telling you what to do.well worth it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

I used this place ,Great not having to work on the driveway in the rain! Half price ramp rental for the month of August

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

blonde question, but could signing an indemnity form not waive all responsibility for accidents, breakages, etc? i'm sure they'd have something like that.. that way the skobes, will just be told to move along, if they break themselves, or their motors?

good luck to them and i look forward to bushing my yoke, in a warm, lit, place this winter.. hope they're still open, when i get around to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

In this country, waivers aren't worth the paper they're written on, you will always need insurance of some sort.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

In this country, waivers aren't worth the paper they're written on, you will always need insurance of some sort.

True, in any country where you can break in somewhere, injure yourself and sue, you can probably operate the lift without authorization, drop your own car on your foot and claim compensation.
    Despite being told not to do do, despite people yelling at you to stop and despite any disclaimer you might have signed.
    One might be forgiven for thinking the judges must be getting a cut of the payouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dodgydes

http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/98/tuesday/3/popup

These guys were on matt Cooper this evening. Sounds good, best of luck to them, I hope it works and they start a few franchises around the country (Hint: Drogheda :D)

Starts at about 19 minutes into part three

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

They were very nice when I was there. They sourced a ball joint splitter for me and made tea when I was close to a melt down.

Stopped the clock when I had to go to tallaght auto parts.
    I for one hope it is well used as its a fantastic idea especially when winter rolls in. Also its probably the cheapest car wash in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Used it myself in Aug, when it was half price. Great setup,it must be said and sound lads. Little steep at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

i've been down to the pitlane a few times now and am totally hooked on working down there.. no more lying on a wet driveway, in the murky darkness of winter twilight..

very helpful lads, who even helped cut off a few bolts with my angle grinder, when i lost my nerve... a 2nd pair of hands was gratefully accepted too, when 4 hands were needed..

so fair play to Ken and Brian. i wish you every success in this venture, and i hope it can expand into a franchise, for all the other poor suffering driveway mechanics...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Was in the Pit Lane again today. Fantastic service from the lads who work there. Had some major hassle with seized fixings etc and the lads were there to give me a dig out. Will deffo be back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 macshean

Hi, is this garage still open? contact no and website seem to have gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

macshean wrote: »
    Hi, is this garage still open? contact no and website seem to have gone!

Nope, it's shut down a good few months back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It's gone quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 49 macshean

that's a pity! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Kinda funny given the amount pf people screaming for something like this then nobody used the place. I wonder was it poor marketing or just lack of demand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You would think this would get plenty of business, especially if you could pay for coaching the first couple of times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

How would a DIY garage be covered for insurance purposes with all sorts of people walking in and out??

Surely public liability insurance would not cover a garage like this???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement