Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 14:Bisping V Mayhem

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

what would be great for the ufc would be the following chain of events;
    1. Bisping beats Maia
    2. ESPN deal runs out
    3. UFC sign with SKY
    4. Bisping get a show at silva(or sonnen)
    5. sk
    y hype the **** out of it(worse than haye-klitchko) and UFC explodes in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think Zuffa want Bisping to get a shot more than anyone, if he did get one then i reckon it'll be at The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, that's had a few big boxing events with a capacity of 45,000 +(Only used just over half of the Stadium), and a roof so could have it at any time of the year.

Sky would market the shite out of it, and if, as is looking likely, Sky get the contract what better than a Bisping title shot for there first event

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think Zuffa want Bisping to get a shot more than anyone, if he did get one then i reckon it'll be at The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff, that's had a few big boxing events with a capacity of 45,000 +(Only used just over half of the Stadium), and a roof so could have it at any time of the year.

Sky would market the shite out of it, and if, as is looking likely, Sky get the contract what better than a Bisping title shot for there first event

zuffa definitely want to give Bisping a title shot.

It's just that he isn't and hasn't been good enough to beat any top contenders. As soon as he flukes a win over the likes of someone like Maia he'll be in there like swimwear!

He'll definitely be next in line should he beat Maia anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He'll definitely be next in line should he beat Maia anyway.

This statement makes sad cat very very sad. :(

img-sad-cat-202

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How long before PPV on sky box office? IRC it once was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think UFC are happy enough to keep Bisping away from the title. He is one of those fighters that doesn't need a title match to get a high buy rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ufc 38 was on sky box office

dave1982 wrote: »

This comes up every few months with regards to the UFC in the UK.

Sky are stopping putting boxing on PPV because they can't sustain the PPV model anymore. Why would they think that the UFC can? Plus with piracy so commonplace I can't see PPV UFC here ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Was there any follow up on Dana White's comments on Mayhem? Is he getting the boot?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    This comes up every few months with regards to the UFC in the UK.

Sky are stopping putting boxing on PPV because they can't sustain the PPV model anymore. Why would they think that the UFC can? Plus with piracy so commonplace I can't see PPV UFC here ever.

Also, there's no way Dana will want UFC on PPV in the UK right now. He's building his brand, it's barely big enough to get decent numbers to stay up til 2am-3am to watch for free, never mind pay to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I reckon the first events that go on PPV in the UK will be the UK based events themselves. Just because of start times and it's how they initially started with boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I just can't see it being PPV. They won't get the numbers and it's not popular enough in the UK yet. Sky Sports yes, but not PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I can honestly say, that I will be switching to streaming if they move to PPV.

Very disappointed at ESPN for not renewing the deal as I loved watching it of a Sunday in high quality.

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    I can honestly say, that I will be switching to streaming if they move to PPV.

And that is precisely why they won't.

Very disappointed at ESPN for not renewing the deal as I loved watching it of a Sunday in high quality.

I think it's a Zuffa decision. They're not happy with ESPN if i'm getting my facts right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I think it's a Zuffa decision. They're not happy with ESPN if i'm getting my facts right.

Wasn't it because of something EPSN said though?

Wasn't it because of something EPSN said though?

Yeah, could've been actually. I'm not sure.

But either way I reckon Zuffa will ensure the fights are available for everyone here on tv.

Advertisement