Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flexibility for Soccer

• 27-05-2011 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Finished soccer season a few weeks ago and currently trying to up my fitness a bit early through out the summer in preparation for the start of next season.

Something ive always had trouble with is flexibility, my hips and groin always seem like they should be looser, especially in the action of running during matches. Im wondering what would be good exercises to do daily to improve this in these areas ahead of going back pre season.

Thanks to anyone who could help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sportinglegend

I think the best thing you could do is to start following www.mobilitywod.com and if you follow that daily you will notice a huge difference in your overall flexibility.

You will most likely need to get yourself some trigger point equipment like a grid roller, a tennis ball or even something slightly harder, a resistance band and maybe a kettlebell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Corholio wrote: »
    Finished soccer season a few weeks ago and currently trying to up my fitness a bit early through out the summer in preparation for the start of next season.

Something ive always had trouble with is flexibility, my hips and groin always seem like they should be looser, especially in the action of running during matches. Im wondering what would be good exercises to do daily to improve this in these areas ahead of going back pre season.

Thanks to anyone who could help

Hi,i'm the same and have started doing loads of mobility work/stretching etc.
    I bought myself a resistance band and foam roller and i'd advise you do the same....vital pieces of equipment.
    most people have tight hip flexors and loosening them up makes a huge difference.
    they need to be statically stretched.here's how you do that:

here's a great short mobility drill for the lower body.i use it before a jog/sprints etc:

After running/training lower body.....actually every day:p you should foam roll.it'll be damn painful to begin with,especially the IT band.here's a quick video of a few foam rolling exercises.
    After training i always use the band for my hamstrings which are very tight.

If you follow this sort of work daily you won't know yourself on the pitch next season.G'luck.

Advertisement