Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rights in Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

cbyrd wrote: »
    can i hold the baby straight away .

In the Rotunda they encourage 'skin to skin contact' straight after delivery.. they put the baby under your nightdress, on your chest.. only in the case of a 'normal' birth though.. I didn't get to have that after my Son was born as he was an emergency section :( and it was the part I was most looking forward to.. oh well, maybe next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Cuidiu (The Irish Childbirth Trust) launched a new website today which is a consumer guide to maternity services in Ireland. It's pretty comprehensive in it's statistics of variances in procedures between different hospitals and in what can be expected at each stage of pregnancy. It doesn't have a patient's rights charter or anything, but it is an excellent new resource for any parent-to-be.

http://www.bump2babe.ie/

I'll post this in the useful links sticky too.

Advertisement