Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Riot In Manhattan cafe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

And then Spike Lee called it 'Do the right thing.' The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Check out the comments, mmmm that's some good racism right thurr.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Maybe im a racist.. but before i clicked on the link i said "bet their black"

..but im sure its not their fault. White man must have refused to serve them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

snyper wrote: »

I was thinking the very same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I was thinking the very same thing.

I was expecting hipsters........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

wild_cat wrote: »
    I was expecting hipsters........

Nah, with all the uprisings and such around the world rioting has become too main stream...

Check out the comments, mmmm that's some good racism right thurr.

i expect my youtube account to be closed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I could sense my IQ dropping as I read those youtube comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

"We're not here for doughnuts, we're here to go nuts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It's strange how anything to do with violence, stealing, anti-social behaviour, I can often guess exactly what it's going to look like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I never knew there were so many racists on Youtube...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

at least its not a clip about muslims taking over the world and forcing shia law on us all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I never knew there were so many racists on Youtube...

Funny guy :)

I was watching a video, HI-5 for my son. The comments below were about race hate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I always knew there were a lot of crazy people who hang around on Youtube but I never imagined them to be that numerous. Some of the comments under that video are unbelievable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You expect this in Harlem but in Manhattan:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

To be honest with you so was I.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

You expect this in Harlem but in Manhattan:eek:

harlem is in manhattan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

gotta laugh at the last one with the pink bag casually returning to take a doughnut. "man, I love this place!" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

joemcg18 wrote: »
    harlem is in manhattan
    no it isnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

folan wrote: »
    no it isnt

Oh yes it is. Harlem is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan. See here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

folan wrote: »
    no it isnt

Yes it is. ;)
    Harlem is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem

Edit: Damn you minstrel getting there before me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

They must have been out of Banana Flavoured donuts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

No racism please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how are you defining racism here?

im sure most people guessed that the kids rioting were black, and they were.

does no racism cover the obvious? or are we just not allowed bring up skin colour at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

how are you defining racism here?

im sure most people guessed that the kids rioting were black, and they were.

does no racism cover the obvious? or are we just not allowed bring up skin colour at all

banana flavoured doughnuts seems a bit close to the line..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

zuroph wrote: »
    banana flavoured doughnuts seems a bit close to the line..

lol, I didnt even notice that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Perhaps you are; not that you'd have to be to assume that videos like this you often see featured on youtube and linked to other sites are likely to feature black people.
    Why is this exactly? The video featured here doesn't seem to feature anything all that extreme; surely there are any number of examples of similar incidents caught on security cameras all over the world.
    Similarly with incidents that occur outside and are caught on cctv. Surely there are countless examples from various countries all over the world filmed every day/night featuring people of varying ethnicities; you could source plenty in Ireland if you wished, i'd imagine.
    Yet, as you pointed out, many of the examples uploaded to youtube, or at least the most viewed and commented on examples, therefore making them the most likely to come to ones attention, seem to feature black people.
    Could this be because there is simply a dearth of such videos from around the world featuring people who are not black? Or could it be because, as exemplified by many of the youtube commenters on this video, there is a sizable number of youtube users who seemingly have nothing better to do than seek out such videos and leave hate-filled, bilious comments against people of a certain skin-colour?
    Logic would seem to seem to point to the latter conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

They must have been out of Banana Flavoured donuts
    yekahS wrote: »
    No racism please.

In a rebuttal to your statement, I was merely implying since we human species as a whole evolved from monkeys, oh wait to put those Darwins fans to rest, are a close relative to the monkey, was fond of a banana now and again, while us humans have a fondness in this fast paced world, for a sugar puffy pastry rush called a donut. I was merely putting to the two together for a greater emphasis, I could have said they must have run out of their favourite flavour of donut, however it doesn’t roll of the tongue, clearly the supply and demand where not in equilibrium and a riot( albeit all a small one) broke out.

On the other hand, I bet they were black, type statements, is clearly racism, while I don’t mind receiving an infraction for what you conspired in your mind to be racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

In a rebuttal to your statement, I was merely implying since we human species as a whole evolved from monkeys, oh wait to put those Darwins fans to rest, are a close relative to the monkey, was fond of a banana now and again, while us humans have a fondness in this fast paced world, for a sugar puffy pastry rush called a donut. I was merely putting to the two together for a greater emphasis, I could have said they must have run out of their favourite flavour of donut, however it doesn’t roll of the tongue, clearly the supply and demand where not in equilibrium and a riot( albeit all a small one) broke out.

On the other hand, I bet they were black, type statements, is clearly racism, while I don’t mind receiving an infraction for what you conspired in your mind to be racist.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ascanbe wrote: »
    Perhaps you are; not that you'd have to be to assume that videos like this you often see featured on youtube and linked to other sites are likely to feature black people.
    Why is this exactly? The video featured here doesn't seem to feature anything all that extreme; surely there are any number of examples of similar incidents caught on security cameras all over the world.
    Similarly with incidents that occur outside and are caught on cctv. Surely there are countless examples from various countries all over the world filmed every day/night featuring people of varying ethnicities; you could source plenty in Ireland if you wished, i'd imagine.
    Yet, as you pointed out, many of the examples uploaded to youtube, or at least the most viewed and commented on examples, therefore making them the most likely to come to ones attention, seem to feature black people.
    Could this be because there is simply a dearth of such videos from around the world featuring people who are not black? Or could it be because, as exemplified by many of the youtube commenters on this video, there is a sizable number of youtube users who seemingly have nothing better to do than seek out such videos and leave hate-filled, bilious comments against people of a certain skin-colour?
    Logic would seem to seem to point to the latter conclusion.

ah, a conspiracy to keep white thuggery off youtube.

Interesting.

A load of bollox, but interesting none the less

I'll tell you why, if i hear "riots in dublin coincide visit of orange order" i am going to, before i click on the link, assume scummy low IQ tracksuit wearing vermon hurling bricks and parading our tri colour.

If i see a link "man caught red handed on camera robbing a house in a rural Westmeath village" im going to make an assumption that they are members of the travelling community.. chances are im going to be right on both accounts.

I dont think it makes me racist, i just think it profiling.

Advertisement