Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does and athiest say 'hello' in Irish?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I wouldn't worry about it, given that the English "goodbye" is a contraction of "God be with ye" (via "godbwye").

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

dlofnep wrote: »
    Eh no, you're completely wrong there ted.

Conas atá tú/Conas tánn tú/Conas taoi = Munster.
    Cén chaoi (a) bhfuil tú = Connacht.
    Cad é mar atá tú = Ulster.
    :eek: You're completely right dlofnep, I don't remember why I would have written that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Enkidu wrote: »
    :eek: You're completely right dlofnep, I don't remember why I would have written that!

No worries bud! Sorry, my response sounded a bit snotty in retrospect. Must have been on an off day. *hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

slan leat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

dlofnep wrote: »
    No worries bud! Sorry, my response sounded a bit snotty in retrospect. Must have been on an off day. *hug*
    Oh, it didn't sound bad! What's wrong has to be corrected, no harm at all!:)

Actually I really like the way some people still use taoi. I know in old books you see táthaoi sometimes instead of tá sibh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Yo madra :D

Advertisement