Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw - 23/05/11 - *Spoilers*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMpunked wrote: »
    i liked this weeks show, although there isnt many things which will have me wanting to tune in next week;

Is that the end of Cole as the antagonist of the 'wwe universe'?
    I hope not, last night they made it feel like it was. That cole and lawler would go back to being broadcast buddies and that the whole thing will be forgotten about.
    I know its been thrown around that cole is likely to be the GM of raw but he has said a few times in previous weeks "oh i dont agree with that decision", "Dont get me started on what i think of that.." and the likes.
    Honestly with bret coming back on sunday then showing up last night i was really really expecting at the end of the show to find out that cole had figured out that Hart is the Raw GM.

I didnt watch the kharma segment, but wtf?! :confused:

Nexus have the tag belts.. again?
    Nice one! But wait.. who are they to feud with?..
    Big Show has been taken out and obviously Del rio will feud with Kane for a bit.
    Zack Ryder and Hawkings perhaps?
    Sheamo and Drew?

As much as i love to see Punk having gold, as it near guarantees proper screen time, i hope this isnt going to be a wasted regin. :(

Isnt Kane on SD (but I guess the draft dont mean much)

I expect Del Rio to be next for Cena to feud with but looks like it could be Rey, Truth or Punk for him and Big Show or Kane for Del Rio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

ANyone able to give me a full run down on what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was an enjoyable enough Raw - mainly because they set the seeds for some fresh feuds and the likes of Swagger, McIntyre and Ziggler were all given something to do.

My main gripe would be that the main event didn't achieve much, it could lead to a 4-way at the next ppv involving Cena, Rey, Punk and Truth. R-Truth continues to be fantastic tv - it's not really a surprise that they have him opposite Cena because he is their hottest heel at the moment.

I like that they are putting del Rio in a midcard feud - he needs to establish himself on Raw before challenging Cena. It could be a very interesting few months to see which of the group of heels really emerges as a genuine main-eventer (Del Rio, R-Truth, Swagger, McIntyre, Ziggler plus a re-pushed Miz or Punk all have a great opening to step-up).

The Cole stuff was weak, I can't imagine that they will just leave it there but aside from announcing him as the GM it's hard to see what other direction they can take with him.

It looks like we could see two "interbrand" matches at the next ppv.. del Rio v. Kane and Miz v. Riley.

The Kharma bit was weird.. it came across as a "why can't I be beautiful" breakdown, kinda ruins her rep as a killer but I'll wait and see where they go with it before condemning it completely.

The Macho tribute was nicely done, and props to Punk for the attire. I was surprised that they didn't mention that it was Owen Hart's anniversary seeing as Bret was such a prominent part of the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As much as i love to see Punk having gold, as it near guarantees proper screen time, i hope this isnt going to be a wasted regin.

Punked, he doesn't have gold. It was Otunga and McGullicudy (sp?) won the titles, not Punk...unfortunatly :/

• Advertisement

Oh, and with Punk stressing the importance of titles for his group and then getting screwed over in the main event, is there any chance Punk vs Cena is being lined up? If so, wonder if Ryan will face Kofi for the US title....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seemed like a thumbs in the middle Raw. Some good and some bad. My favourite guy on Raw the past number of weeks has been R Truth. I never thought I'd think that about Truth but he's been hella entertaining the last while and his promos remind me of Brian Pillman.

The bad part was what they did with Kharma. Talk about killing momentum. She should have destroyed almost all of the divas but her breaking down and crying was such a silly move. Why build up a monster heel for weeks and then decide to introduce an element of humanity? Let her be a monster FFS. She hasn't even had a match yet and they're exploring her character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

An alright Raw. Quite watchable but didn't really set up much to bring people back next week, except the Riley thing. Really hope he continues to get a decent crowd reaction, he could be good. Seems to have the talking pretty much nailed, just needs some decent in-ring work to bring him along as he hasn't had much up to this point.

Truth was great again this week, loved when he did his Little Jimmy thing with kid outside cos that seems to be how to get a title shot :pac:
    I sort of hope he doesn't get a title shot yet and they keep building his character with good feuds. The Mysterio one was perfect for him.

Good to see Dolph has the hair back, and looks like he may get a shot at the US title (a title that badly needs to be involved in a good rivalry).

The Big Show injury, while he sold it quite well, was a bit weird. Went on for an awful long time and the way Kane was holding his hand reminded me of a pregnant woman in labour!

The Kharma thing was another odd one... I was hoping she might flip or something but then it just cut to ad-break. Wut?

Main event was standard Raw fare, wasn't entirely sure where the ending left storylines though. Probably means Mysterio and Truth continuing their feud and Punk and Cena starting a new one (would like to see that one actually, minus Nexus).

I was really looking forward to Kharma and Beth's first confrontation/in ring meeting but what a letdown :(

Truth was great again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I genuinely have no idea why the Cole character has had the sudden change in direction, unless it's a long con, but i don't think creative are that smart.

Also, please take Otunga off television, thanks.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, looking at MNG's post...I'm astonished to say this but I'm loving R-Truth at the moment and he's compulsive viewing. And I say that as someone who, up to two months ago, HATED Truth with a vengence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Alex Riley FTW.. He can count me as A-Riholic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Oh yeah, looking at MNG's post...I'm astonished to say this but I'm loving R-Truth at the moment and he's compulsive viewing. And I say that as someone who, up to two months ago, HATED Truth with a vengence...

This. I couldn't stand him with his "what's up/time to get crunk" bull but he's brilliant as a heel. Love his Little Jimmy spiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone would've been cheered after beating on Miz, but they've certainly sowed the seeds of an epic push for A-Ri. He got some monster cheers during that beat down. I wonder what will happen now, over to SD! for a title challenge? Does he have the potential to be their #1 "face".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Anyone would've been cheered after beating on Miz, but they've certainly sowed the seeds of an epic push for A-Ri. He got some monster cheers during that beat down. I wonder what will happen now, over to SD! for a title challenge? Does he have the potential to be their #1 "face".

I'd be doubtful that he'll work as a face. Obviously he got a good initial pop for the beat-down on Miz but he strikes me as lacking that likeability factor (much like Randy Orton when he left Evolution). I could be totally wrong but that's just the impression I get. In any case I can't see him being thrust into the main-event scene on SD for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Personally, i loved watching Riley reach boiling point and thrashing the Miz.

Seems like every week : Big show and kane vs. Nexus. They should give it a damn rest and have Big show and kane kick Del Rios ass :mad:

Im loving Truths insanity, it seems to be a role he's enjoying (little jimmy! :D )

It was such a shame seeing Kane (formerly the big red monster) being all caring for Big Show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It was such a shame seeing Kane (formerly the big red monster) being all caring for Big Show

I just started laughing at that part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Decent Raw overall, Truth has come leaps and bounds with new persona, but other things like Cole being off basically scot free and that be that was a bit much, it needs something more, not just an apology and thats it im back on raw... and Kharma having a nervous breakdown too in ring, I guess we'll have to see how it pans out.

Otherwise, Punk awesome as ever. And, at least it was Cena that got most of the beatdown in the match and it was Mysterio that powered in...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I hate how they ruin Kane's credibility and then expect us to take him as a serious monster. Between this, and his trumpet dance thing with Santino..poor guy is a joke nearly.
    Loved the Riley turn, hopefully he gets a nice push to go along with it. There's potential there.
    I'm also glad Cole seems to have packed it in as a wrestler. I was fed up of the him and Lawler thing, it was just painful. Also a bit of an insult to all the talented workers they have, they're putting two commentators on pay per view over them.
    I don't like how they wrote Kharma out or whatever it was, hopefully they develop it in a good way. It's different anyway..
    Macho Man tribute was class too. Loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone else find it ridiculously bad taste to have Show hit by a car a few days after Savage dies in a car accident? Vinces sick sense of humour at work again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

krudler wrote: »
    anyone else find it ridiculously bad taste to have Show hit by a car a few days after Savage dies in a car accident? Vinces sick sense of humour at work again?

Possibly so. Did you spot this post earlier as well?
    Ridley wrote: »
    The choice of Coldplay's The Scientist is interesting considering the music video.

Advertisement