Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Zelda game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Gameboy Color)
    Come on guys. The two longest threads in this thread are about Majora's Mask. I want to see some longer posts for why you love the other games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Master Quest (N64)
    When ocarina of time came out in the US, lots of places started selling ocarinas and lots of kids went around playing the tunes:D
    Sidequests are what make a Zelda game really great for me. I want to be able to wander around finding things before I have to go do the next dungeon. Windwaker was cool cos there were all those uncharted islands to discover.
    On the other hand I blew up every single boulder in twilight princess, and there were no secret caves, just dumb rupees:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Gameboy Color)
    planetX wrote: »
    When ocarina of time came out in the US, lots of places started selling ocarinas and lots of kids went around playing the tunes:D
    Sidequests are what make a Zelda game really great for me. I want to be able to wander around finding things before I have to go do the next dungeon. Windwaker was cool cos there were all those uncharted islands to discover.
    On the other hand I blew up every single boulder in twilight princess, and there were no secret caves, just dumb rupees:mad::mad::mad:
    Twilight Princess has a couple of secret caves. IIRC there's one near the gossip stone/wolf statue thing at Lake Hylia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
    ríomhaire wrote: »
    Come on guys. The two longest threads in this thread are about Majora's Mask. I want to see some longer posts for why you love the other games!

OK here's my opinion on the rest of the series which I own.

Legend of Zelda: It's the original and has historical value from the outset. Amazing for it's time but really disorientating if you don't use an faq.

Adventure of Link: Just as Super Mario Bros 2 and Simons Quest went in a different direction from their predecessors so to did the Adventure of Link.
    It plays a lot like Faxanadu but not as good. Incredibly hard but it's still worth playing.

Link the past: My personal favourite. Video game perfection.

Links awakening: My favourite hand held Zelda. (Really looking forward to this on 3DS virtual console.) Similar gameplay to Link to the past but with a very different atmosphere and a surreal story.

Ocarina of Time: Second best Zelda game imo. The water temple was insanely difficult. The graphics have aged better than most N64/PS1 3-D games and it will look even better with the 3DS remake.

Majora's mask: Have it on virtual console but never got the time to play more than ten minutes of it. Pretty surreal.

Minish cap: I prefer this to the two DS games. The spiritual successor to Link to the past in many ways.

Wind waker: I generally hate RPGs that are set in an ocean or in the sky but it works for this game. I love the cell shaded graphics. They age really well.

Phantom hour glass: Similar to Wind waker in many ways. Great game.

Twilight Princess: Pushes Ocarina of Time close to being my second favourite console Zelda game.

Spirit tracks: Pretty similar to Phantom hour glass in design and presentation. Good but not my favourite Zelda game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
    The greatest game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

A pretty bold statement considering there have been masterpieces like Super Mario Bros 3, Goldeneye, Resi 4, Ocarina of Time etc. Why do i think its the best game ever? Well apart from being an amazing game its the only game i have ever played that hit me with a kind of emotional bang. Back in 1992 i was the proud owner of a snes and since my folks couldn't afford to buy me any games (apart from Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario World which i got with the console for Christmas) they would give me money to rent them. One day i went to the local and very small computer games shop to rent a game and i spotted lttp on the shelf. It was the american version of the game and the european version wasn't out yet, so i rented it along with a converter thingy so it would play in my pal console. I got home, slotted the cart into the converter and the converter into the snes and hit the power button. The music on the title screen was beautiful as i was entering my name for the character and then after the backstory i woke up as Link in a bed in his house. The next thing that happened is so mind blowingly simple but is also my favourite ever moment in video games. I left Links house and this angelic music started playing and it was accompanied by rain, i then headed north towards the castle, cut a hedge, fell in a hole and was in a dungeon that had its own amazing music. I was in total awe of this game and actually felt emotional playing it. Thats it, believe it or not that is my favourite moment ever in video games, going from Links house to a dungeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

megaten wrote: »
    Wind waker. I loved it's interpretation of Ganon and it has probably my favorite final boss fight ever.
    Have to agree with ya, as difficult as I thought the battle was, it was a great way to finish a stellar game.However, i will admit the one downfall for me was collecting the triforce. It was just too tedious for my liking, and only served to unnecessarily extend the game's completion time.

Advertisement